The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

46 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Gives me the warm and fuzzies....:)

I loved the way Bone Spurs was smiling and waving, as if the crowd wasn't chanting FU! at him..... It kind of reminded me of that scene in the Life of Brian, where the crowd is chanting "welease woger!" to the Roman Consul....the Centurion has to keep giving him excuses so he won't realize he's being mocked....

I imagine Trump's security detail doing the same thing....."Oh no, Sir.....they're saying you're a Big Bruiser!"......

He couldn’t even keep his mouth shut or say something nice after Powell died.

Classless doesn’t even begin to describe this man.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, I saw that. He would have been better off saying nothing, rather than what he said....

Still, the White Supremacist element of his base probably loved his comments. Like trained seals barking for more fish....<_<

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I like millions of Americans and hundreds of millions of people around the world will never forgive all those scumbags who pushed the weapons of mass destruction narrative.

Lest we forget 

https://truthout.org/articles/biden-and-other-democrats-helped-colin-powell-spread-george-w-bushs-iraq-lies/ 

To quote from the article 

"As long as democrats can defend Republican lies without suffering any consequences from their constituents,they have little incentive to do other wise".

While we sit safely in our homes watching hockey on our big screens,hundreds of thousands of lives have been lost and millions more devastated. 

But hey who cares about the truth when you're not the one suffering.

• Upvote 1

So on the scale of stupidity, Intelligence Quotient

0- 25 are idiots 

26- 50 are imbeciles 

51- 70 are morons 

The idiot is telling the imbeciles and morons not to support those who support him.

https://truthout.org/articles/trump-warned-his-backers-would-skip-midterms-new-polling-shows-he-may-be-right/

Edit.

I might be giving credit to the imbeciles and morons,they could all be idiots.

Edited by Ilunga

9 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

or Faux News John Roberts tweets about Powell & vaccines.  JD Roberts (as he was known when he was in Canada) should've stuck to "Pepsi Power Hour" on Muchmusic (Canadian equivalent of MTV back then):

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Christian Taliban...

Its kind of insane how NBC will latch on to a story like this when in reality many in the West admired Hitler at one time, and American companies like the Associated Press, Chase bank, General Motors, IBM, Ford, Dupont (exc.) supplied/worked with the Nazi's. But in this new era of heightened sensitivity to the past those companies will never come under blast, just some crackpot in Texas. Mission acomplished!

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its kind of insane how NBC will latch on to a story like this when in reality many in the West admired Hitler at one time, and American companies like the Associated Press, Chase bank, General Motors, IBM, Ford, Dupont (exc.) supplied/worked with the Nazi's. But in this new era of heightened sensitivity to the past those companies will never come under blast, just some crackpot in Texas. Mission acomplished!

I think the difference today is that those people don't even bother using 'dog whistles' anymore:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_(politics)

It's kind of like how many know that many politicians are sleazy/greasy but guys like Dotard don't even bother trying to hide it anymore.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

11 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I like millions of Americans and hundreds of millions of people around the world will never forgive all those scumbags who pushed the weapons of mass destruction narrative.

Lest we forget 

https://truthout.org/articles/biden-and-other-democrats-helped-colin-powell-spread-george-w-bushs-iraq-lies/ 

To quote from the article 

"As long as democrats can defend Republican lies without suffering any consequences from their constituents,they have little incentive to do other wise".

While we sit safely in our homes watching hockey on our big screens,hundreds of thousands of lives have been lost and millions more devastated. 

But hey who cares about the truth when you're not the one suffering.

Perhaps this will sound a little naive, but I for one try not to over focus too much on the bad in our world. Otherwise, I'll just go into a depression.

I think if we want these issues to actually become issues to the public, there has to be a more palatable way of doing it, because I doubt I'm the only one in the world willing to live in ignorance.

It's not about people not caring. It's about people keeping their sanity.

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think the difference today is that those people don't even bother using 'dog whistles' anymore:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_(politics)

It's kind of like how many know that many politicians are sleazy/greasy but guys like Dotard don't even bother trying to hide it anymore.

Yeah good point.

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

So on the scale of stupidity, Intelligence Quotient

0- 25 are idiots 

26- 50 are imbeciles 

51- 70 are morons 

The idiot is telling the imbeciles and morons not to support those who support him.

https://truthout.org/articles/trump-warned-his-backers-would-skip-midterms-new-polling-shows-he-may-be-right/

Edit.

I might be giving credit to the imbeciles and morons,they could all be idiots.

I've been reading a few articles lately that are taking this position....and it might actually be good news...

In a nutshell, Trump's gigantic ego can't take the fact that he lost the 2020 election and even having millions of Republicans falsely believing that the election was stolen doesn't seem to be enough. Those results must be overturned. Trump has been quoted saying that it's "the most important thing" Republicans need to do....and to ensure that his demands are met, he's not above holding the GOP "hostage" by threatening to tell his supporters to stay home in 2022.

If anyone needed any further evidence that Trump cares only about himself and that loyalty is a completely one-way street for him, look no further. He's willing to kill Republican chances of taking back the House and Senate from the Democrats, unless he gets his way. He's like a child who kicks over a sandcastle, because he didn't build it.

There's really no other way to describe Donald Trump....he's a 75 year old toddler....Still, if it keeps the reins of government out of the slimy hands of Republicans, toddle away Bone Spurs....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've been reading a few articles lately that are taking this position....and it might actually be good news...

In a nutshell, Trump's gigantic ego can't take the fact that he lost the 2020 election and even having millions of Republicans falsely believing that the election was stolen doesn't seem to be enough. Those results must be overturned. Trump has been quoted saying that it's "the most important thing" Republicans need to do....and to ensure that his demands are met, he's not above holding the GOP "hostage" by threatening to tell his supporters to stay home in 2022.

If anyone needed any further evidence that Trump cares only about himself and that loyalty is a completely one-way street for him, look no further. He's willing to kill Republican chances of taking back the House and Senate from the Democrats, unless he gets his way. He's like a child who kicks over a sandcastle, because he didn't build it.

There's really no other way to describe Donald Trump....he's a 75 year old toddler....Still, if it keeps the reins of government out of the slimy hands of Republicans, toddle away Bone Spurs....

It was drilled into his head when he was younger that there are two types of people in the world, winners and losers. To Dotard the worst thing in the world in being perceived as a loser. In his mind it's a fate worse than death. He's literally holding his party and the country hostage so he can pretend he didn't lose and is still a winner.

Your description of him as a 75 year old toddler could not be more correct.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

It was drilled into his head when he was younger that there are two types of people in the world, winners and losers. To Dotard the worst thing in the world in being perceived as a loser. In his mind it's a fate worse than death. He's literally holding his party and the country hostage so he can pretend he didn't lose and is still a winner.

Your description of him as a 75 year old toddler could not be more correct.

I honestly couldn't imagine living like that. That's like extreme happy when things are going well and extreme unhappy when they don't. It's like having Forest Gump's famous quote, except it's "Life it like a box of chocolates: you either have the box of chocolates or you don't. Screw trying to eat those chocolates. You either won that box of chocolates or you didn't!"

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

Perhaps this will sound a little naive, but I for one try not to over focus too much on the bad in our world. Otherwise, I'll just go into a depression.

I think if we want these issues to actually become issues to the public, there has to be a more palatable way of doing it, because I doubt I'm the only one in the world willing to live in ignorance.

It's not about people not caring. It's about people keeping their sanity.

I battle depression and anxiety every day of my life and the current situation has exacerbated this.

However with the topic at hand the American politicians and Army leaders that pushed for and led the war in Iraq on the pretext of a bunch of lies are murderers as far as I am concerned.

As I stated 

Lest we forget.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That was my point when I made that post.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I honestly couldn't imagine living like that. That's like extreme happy when things are going well and extreme unhappy when they don't. It's like having Forest Gump's famous quote, except it's "Life it like a box of chocolates: you either have the box of chocolates or you don't. Screw trying to eat those chocolates. You either won that box of chocolates or you didn't!"

Considering Trump's diet, he ate the chocolate whether or not he won it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al