The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

This Trump media site has the potential to be very dangerous. It's not only going to be a breeding ground for misinformation but it will encourage it. I don't know why but this scares me. I am no facebook fan by any means, I loathe it tbh, but this seems like it poses more of a threat.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

This Trump media site has the potential to be very dangerous. It's not only going to be a breeding ground for misinformation but it will encourage it. I don't know why but this scares me. I am no facebook fan by any means, I loathe it tbh, but this seems like it poses more of a threat.

Can we make TMS not available in Canada, or at least North East BC and Alberta? 

• Haha 1

Trump fans like to pop in here every once in a while and whine about this thread being an "echo chamber".....that's what I see TMS being. Just a bunch of misinformed Tucker Carlson fans recycling debunked "theories" and pining for the "good ol' days" when women stayed in the kitchen (preferably barefoot and pregnant) and "colored folks" lived in their own part of town....

It's going to be the proverbial circle jerk of stupidity....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Trump fans like to pop in here every once in a while and whine about this thread being an "echo chamber".....that's what I see TMS being. Just a bunch of misinformed Tucker Carlson fans recycling debunked "theories" and pining for the "good ol' days" when women stayed in the kitchen (preferably barefoot and pregnant) and "colored folks" lived in their own part of town....

It's going to be the proverbial circle jerk of stupidity....

Well, after going back and scanning about ten pages of posts, one could say that it* has become an echo chamber. 

*it meaning this thread

Edited by PhillipBlunt

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It's actually for the best.  An echo chamber of idiocy where everyone can be watched for their extremism.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I’d wager that’s due in large part to Trump losing and the unlikeliness of him running again in 2024. 

I'm not going into causation or what propels it, merely that it's more of one than it used to be.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm not going into causation or what propels it, merely that it's more of one than it used to be.

Fair. This thread will never again reach the high watermark it hit when Harvey was around. The thread was so active and entertaining. 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure I agree with that assessment Phil....

Since Biden was elected, we have seen quite a bit of criticism, especially with the Afghanistan withdrawal....I think the sheer volume of Republican malfeasance only makes it seem so.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Fair. This thread will never again reach the high watermark it hit when Harvey was around. The thread was so active and entertaining. 

He was a wealth of information in the real estate thread. He sure liked to stoke the flames here. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Since Biden was elected, we have seen quite a bit of criticism, especially with the Afghanistan withdrawal....I think the sheer volume of Republican malfeasance only makes it seem so.

That's the beauty of civil discourse. We can have differing opinions.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I really don't get the afghanistan criticism, tbh.  They moved out a massive amount of people in a very short time with, probably, far fewer problems than anyone anticipated.  It might have made for bad optics, but I think it went about as well as any of them hoped.  It was unfortunate that he went on TV and made the "saigon" statement before hand.

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

I really don't get the afghanistan criticism, tbh.  They moved out a massive amount of people in a very short time with, probably, far fewer problems than anyone anticipated.  It might have made for bad optics, but I think it went about as well as any of them hoped.  It was unfortunate that he went on TV and made the "saigon" statement before hand.

I think the one big criticism is that they didn't start moving their people out as soon as the withdrawal was announced. I think a lot of the backlog that occurred could have been avoided, had they been trying to relocate fewer people at the end....

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He was a wealth of information in the real estate thread. He sure liked to stoke the flames here. 

....and generally did so in good fun. However, that changed when he tried to promote some ridiculous conspiracy theories after the Las Vegas shooting.

Even after the Mods told him to cut it out, he doubled down. It was almost as if he wanted to get the boot.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think the one big criticism is that they didn't start moving their people out as soon as the withdrawal was announced. I think a lot of the backlog that occurred could have been avoided, had they been trying to relocate fewer people at the end....

I don't think there was much that could have been done to mitigate that.  Trump had May 1 as the date and it was building to that long before BIden made any announcements.  It was going to be messy no matter how they did it, imo

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, after going back and scanning about ten pages of posts, one could say that it* has become an echo chamber. 

*it meaning this thread

Really Phil ?

Would you class my posts critisizing all american politicians for past and current  mistakes as part of this echo chamber you have posted in ? 

I have been pointing the corrupt behaviour of these 2 particular democrats for the last few weeks 

https://truthout.org/articles/sinema-like-manchin-goes-for-the-throat-of-the-social-infrastructure-bill/

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Really Phil ?

Would you class my posts critisizing all american politicians for past and current  mistakes as part of this echo chamber you have posted in ? 

I have been pointing the corrupt behaviour of these 2 particular democrats for the last few weeks 

https://truthout.org/articles/sinema-like-manchin-goes-for-the-throat-of-the-social-infrastructure-bill/

What did I say initially? 

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al