The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

was listening to an interesting podcast on the issue of how Texas crafted the law. There's no government official to sue, i.e. there's no "Wade" as in the Roe v Wade case. It makes it very hard to challenge the law in court since the Texas government is trying to make itself shielded from a legal challenge. Pretty slimy stuff. 

Yup. Clever but shady AF. Thing it could open so many issues down the road in regards to any constitutional item. Ex: guns or taxation of churches. 

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've said many times before that I don't believe there is a God.....I think the fact that a POS like Matt Gaetz and his Dear Leader can remain in positions of power back up my theory.

That is irrelevant to the possible existence of a creator figure. 

Good and evil are relative things.

You and I share the same beliefs and values however who is to say those values are ultimately the "right" values.

I have asked myself this question most of my life and I cannot come up with a rational logical answer.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A while back someone posted a photo of all the people who had a hand in making this law and you never saw a more self satisfied collection of narrow minded a$$holes in your life....

image.png.d776d870fc6b80767403c3bf9bc4d35f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sedinery 1

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Yup. Clever but shady AF. Thing it could open so many issues down the road in regards to any constitutional item. Ex: guns or taxation of churches. 

its a hornets nest of potential crap. Roberts won't side with it in the end, one would hope. But you know, the US is quickly circling the drain into a theocracy so who knows?

• Cheers 2
  • Burr 1

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

That is irrelevant to the possible existence of a creator figure. 

Good and evil are relative things.

You and I share the same beliefs and values however who is to say those values are ultimately the "right" values.

I have asked myself this question most of my life and I cannot come up with a rational logical answer.

As always thanks to quantum physics there is 2 options just like our phones/computers. 
Then throw in a 100 generations and get adapted genes and unlimited possibilities. The philosophical answer is we are all making our own reality or we are at the whim of the universe? 
Option 3 being a balance of both?  

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A while back someone posted a photo of all the people who had a hand in making this law and you never saw a more self satisfied collection of narrow minded a$$holes in your life....

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.....

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

For those who have the stomach for it here they are again.

482BA4C7-9061-4FEC-A86D-AB7949706A04.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.....

Hitler,Goebbels, Himmler,Heydrich and Co say hello 

Stalin was responsible for over 20 million deaths.

I could go on.

In fact I will as I do keep banging on about Cheney and Rummy. Hundreds of thousands of deaths can be traced back to those guys actions and millions of more lives devastated.

As much as that group of people are scumbags they don't really rate on a historical scale.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I could go on.

In fact I will as I do keep banging on about Cheney and Rummy. Hundreds of thousands of deaths can be traced back to those guys actions and millions of more lives devastated.

As much as that group of people are scumbags they don't really rate on a historical scale.

To be fair to Ghost, those pieces of carp are some true motherduckers. Amongst the biggest analholes in modern time. True sons of witches. I mean for duck’s sakes. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

37 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

To be fair to Ghost, those pieces of carp are some true motherduckers. Amongst the biggest analholes in modern time. True sons of witches. I mean for duck’s sakes. 

Oh I totally agree. 

However their actions pale in comparison to the actions of the Myanmar military's ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya Muslim minority in Myanmar for starters 

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2021/8/25/it-is-past-time-to-call-the-violence-against-rohingya-genocide

I consider the Israeli governments arptheid policy and the pain and suffering that causes to be a crime against humanity that makes those scumbags actions pale into comparison. 

The Darfuri genocide in Sudan.

ISIS's genocidal campaigns against the Yazidi's,Shiites and Christians during their reign of terror.

The Dinka ethnic group ethnic cleansing campaign against the Nuer and other ethnic groups in South Sudan.

There are far more evil people in this world right now causing more pain and suffering however not many people in the "west" give a rat's arse.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I could go on.

Not yet, anyway

11 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I could go on.

C'mon.....just laugh at the Star Wars reference and move on like the rest of us bud. 

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I could go on.

From the video game "Red Alert".  Before EA removed Westwood Studios from existance.  Don't think there's any actual proof he said that line but it certainly doesn't it would be out of character for that evil man.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

6 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

From the video game "Red Alert".  Before EA removed Westwood Studios from existance.  Don't think there's any actual proof he said that line but it certainly doesn't it would be out of character for that evil man.

I believe they " borrowed' that quote Jean Rostand.

He stated 

" Kill one person you're called a murderer.

Kill millions of men and you are called a conquerer.

Kill them all and you are called a god".

• Cheers 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al