Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al


DonLever

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, stawns said:

Truthout isn't terrible, but it's got a pretty heavy left bias and they've had a few issues with inaccurate information.  If I were marking a paper, I probably wouldn't take it as a standalone source 

No one/thing is perfect.

 

In saying this I find them reliable as any other source quoted on this forum,and more reliable than some.

 

With the topic at hand one just has to critically think about it,does it seem logical and reasonable that the trump administration would try to harm Julian Assange,yes it does.

 

Here is a report from the ABC our taxpayer funded institution. 

 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-01/julian-assange-supporters-write-to-pm-over-reported-cia-plot/100504522

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over the years there have been several "debates" on CDC over whether systemic racism exists, especially in the US. For those who contend that it isn't, i challenge you to read this article and then try and make that case.....

 

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2021/us-prison-jury-reasonable-doubt/index.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 

I'm only posting the link ibecause it's a fairly long story and the formatting isn't really conducive to copy/paste, but I recommend for anyone who has been on either side of those discussions.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Over the years there have been several "debates" on CDC over whether systemic racism exists, especially in the US. For those who contend that it isn't, i challenge you to read this article and then try and make that case.....

 

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2021/us-prison-jury-reasonable-doubt/index.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 

I'm only posting the link ibecause it's a fairly long story and the formatting isn't really conducive to copy/paste, but I recommend for anyone who has been on either side of those discussions.

White privilege:

 

 

 

  • Sad 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Over the years there have been several "debates" on CDC over whether systemic racism exists, especially in the US. For those who contend that it isn't, i challenge you to read this article and then try and make that case.....

 

https://interactive.aljazeera.com/aje/2021/us-prison-jury-reasonable-doubt/index.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 

I'm only posting the link ibecause it's a fairly long story and the formatting isn't really conducive to copy/paste, but I recommend for anyone who has been on either side of those discussions.

To anyone denying the existence of systemic racism. I would just ask them 1 question...........

 

You are going to start your life again and be born today. You have your choice to be born white or black? If they are being honest, the vast majority of them would choose to be born white for many obvious reasons. Such as ...... You be more likely to receive more education. You'd be more likely to make more money. You'd be likely to have better healthcare outcomes. You would be likely to live longer. You'd be far less likely to be killed at the hands of the police. You would receive lesser sentences for similar crimes than a black person etc.

  • Cheers 1
  • Burr 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

To anyone denying the existence of systemic racism. I would just ask them 1 question...........

 

You are going to start your life again and be born today. You have your choice to be born white or black? If they are being honest, the vast majority of them would choose to be born white for many obvious reasons. Such as ...... You be more likely to receive more education. You'd be more likely to make more money. You'd be likely to have better healthcare outcomes. You would be likely to live longer. You'd be far less likely to be killed at the hands of the police. You would receive lesser sentences for similar crimes than a black person etc.

 

  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

To anyone denying the existence of systemic racism. I would just ask them 1 question...........

 

You are going to start your life again and be born today. You have your choice to be born white or black? If they are being honest, the vast majority of them would choose to be born white for many obvious reasons. Such as ...... You be more likely to receive more education. You'd be more likely to make more money. You'd be likely to have better healthcare outcomes. You would be likely to live longer. You'd be far less likely to be killed at the hands of the police. You would receive lesser sentences for similar crimes than a black person etc.

I get where you are coming from however I couldn't give a rat's arse what the colour of mine or any other human beings skin is.

 

ATM I am two toned.

 

My arms and legs are brown and everything else is a pale milky white colour.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Here's the lowlight.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A fool and his her money are soon parted:

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/10/27/marjorie-taylor-greene-invested-in-spac-behind-trumps-truth-social-and-shes-already-losing-money/?sh=32a3ac704154

 

Quote

 

Right-wing firebrand U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) invested up to $50,000 in a company that will fund the creation of a new social media platform led by former President Donald Trump, according to a public disclosure that shows she purchased the stock near the height of its massive surge.

Greene purchased between $15,001 and $50,000 worth of Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC) stock Friday, according to the disclosure.

DWAC, a special purpose acquisition company, is planning to merge with a new firm called the Trump Media and Technology Group to create a social media platform called TRUTH Social, which is billed as a "rival to the liberal media consortium."

After the announcement of the new platform last week, the share price of DWAC surged more than 17 times, peaking at $175 on Friday morning.

The price quickly dropped from that high, closing at $94.20 on Friday, before sinking further this week—it was trading around $60 early Wednesday afternoon.

 

It's too bad really.....she is probably going to need that money for legal bills....

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Yes.

 

If a Muslim did this that's what they would be labelled.

 

 

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-defends-parents-doing-192955708.html

 

Ted Cruz:  Doing a Nazi salute is ok but kneeling during the national anthem is another case of "uppity black folks".  Ted is a disgrace to all Canadians.:P

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-defends-parents-doing-192955708.html

 

Ted Cruz:  Doing a Nazi salute is ok but kneeling during the national anthem is another case of "uppity black folks".  Ted is a disgrace to all Canadians.:P

So I suppose he'll have no issue with me calling him a Nazi due to his history of bigotry and crimes against humanity.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

White privilege:

 

 

 

Apparently that is a rule (not saying victim) this judge always has. But I find it ridiculous they can label the people shot unless they have proof they just weren't protesting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

What they are going to learn is that a whole lot of other people have and know how to use guns also.

 

And they're going up against tanks and drones. Even the police are well equipped in many areas to fend off some inbreds with AR15s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

And they're going up against tanks and drones. Even the police are well equipped in many areas to fend off some inbreds with AR15s. 

Research the 1033 and the 1122 programs.

They were introduced in 1990 and it is effectively militarizing police forces across America.

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/09/why-police-pay-nothing-for-military-equipment.html

 

 

 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/07/01/rights-groups-urge-us-congress-end-1033-program-demilitarize-police

 

Gotta wonder why a "democracy" has to militarize its police forces.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When the "beacon of democracy",the US enacts voter suppression suppression laws countries like mine with conservative government's feel empowered to try the same $$_@ 

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/27/proposed-voter-id-laws-real-threat-to-rights-of-indigenous-australians-and-people-without-homes

 

Here is our version of mjt claiming "credit' for said legislation.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/oct/28/i-understand-the-need-centre-alliance-could-offer-crucial-support-for-coalitions-controversial-voter-id-laws

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...