The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

8 minutes ago, Miller9 said:

That's not the point. 

Orange man bad!!! reeee!!!

Jesus :frantic:

You don't really seem to have a point. 

If you are referring to trump bad is not the word I would use.

He admitted to sexually abusing women.

He is a racist,a bigot and he fomented rebellion.

He is a narcissist who thinks only of himself.

He treats others in ways he would not like to be treated himself. 

What does a fictitious character have to do with our conversation.

Just now, Miller9 said:

Facts matter not your opinions from CNN

I am from Australia we don't have CNN.

Even if we did I wouldn't watch/listen to that source of "entertainment".

I make my judgements about trump by observing his past and present actions which are well documented by many sources including himself.

21 minutes ago, Miller9 said:

Oh my!! LOL you walked into this one....ps his son in law is Jewish, he is on the only President in decades to reach peace accords with muslim countries and Israel, but yes he's a neo nazi. Dude oh my, oh my you really have been brainwashed. This was exactly my point, how cnn and msm create an image through edits and sure enough people eat it up.

Also, do racists PERMANENTLY fund Black Colleges and Universities? He is the only President to ever do that, are you aware? Obama didn't and wouldn't. His economy had the highest ever employment rates for blacks and hispanics. He had the highest ever vote percentage for a republican presidential candidate from black and hispanic voters? I guess them coloured are stupid and missed his racism? Are you aware he passed a landmark prison reform bill to lower incarceration rates of black and hispanic non violent criminals? Again, something Obama didn't do. So he's racist because he wanted to stop masses of illegal immigration? really? 

My goodness your post is clearly a result of what msm spews vs facts.

Watch this video please, then rethink your post ok? Not trying to offend, trying to actually show you how the media works.

Use a reputable source maybe.  Trump's spewed enough hate speech and enacted enough laws that were clearly racist that it's reasonable for me to call that evil piece of garbage a racist.  Just because you're brainwashed by that tripe doesn't mean I'm going to waste my time watching videos from nutjobs.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Miller9 said:

I literally just showed you evidence that your comment was false and you just say, I say I'm right because I am me!!!! weeeee!!

My lord

So like most politicians he lies when it suits him to lie.

His actions and words before and after tell another story. 

His racism runs in the family and goes back a long way. 

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Facts.

• Cheers 2

I don't think this is a constructive argument. People are arguing about different things.

Trump was racist. Let's be real. So was every other president in US history, to differing extents and to multiple different peoples, except maybe Obama as a mixed man. Trump is a rapist. So are most men with that much power, and thus most US president's in history have been. Trump is a crook, you know where I'm going with this.

The opinion of whether Trump is a "good" presidential candidate hinges on the effect of him being a leader has on the US, his personal racism is only a part of this argument, it could be argued his fiscal and social impacts can be strong enough to ignore personal biases for the good of everyone in the nation.

At this point Trump represents more division. So socially he's not a good choice, it must be his fiscal policy then? Unfortunately the reality is his fiscal policy is just to get in while it's good and leave America with the bag.

Sure Trump boosted the economy, the US economy is a &^@#ing juggernaut and leads the world or is a huge contributer in almost everything. The US economy does fine with or without the intervention of any President and is only seriously effected by major global events. Even the 2009 recession is a blip compared to what other first world countries have faced. Trump took advantage of that and manipulated markets like Enron but on a much larger scale. When the markets implode as they're set to do (look at the nasdaq from 1990 to now) all these little gains Trump and his cronies cashed out on will save them, and the countries that enabled this with economic output will get nothing. He robbed the country blind and should be in jail.

People really like Trump for his foreign policy it seems, while ignoring the damage it actually does to the countries in the long run. While US foreign policy hasn't really changed, it turns out it's extremely complex and one person can't really make informed decisions on how to act, so it's best to take a back seat or you end up like Obama, drone striking thousands of civilians.

1 hour ago, Miller9 said:

yet another trolling comment

It seems you have nothing intellectual to contribute.

I am sorry you're unable to deal with facts, and that the facts provided make you so angry so you hide from them. I hope one day you are able to accept reality.

You're on block due to your inability in debate intellectually.

my heart weeps tears of apathy

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Miller9 said:

Facts matter not your opinions from CNN

See my last post and others. I have made many points and all you kids do is have tantrums and insult 

The ad hominem attacks continue to prove me right.

Thanks

Fax matter

here listen to David rubin for my 7th post in a row

8 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

I don't think this is a constructive argument. People are arguing about different things.

Trump was racist. Let's be real. So was every other president in US history, to differing extents and to multiple different peoples, except maybe Obama as a mixed man. Trump is a rapist. So are most men with that much power, and thus most US president's in history have been. Trump is a crook, you know where I'm going with this.

The opinion of whether Trump is a "good" presidential candidate hinges on the effect of him being a leader has on the US, his personal racism is only a part of this argument, it could be argued his fiscal and social impacts can be strong enough to ignore personal biases for the good of everyone in the nation.

At this point Trump represents more division. So socially he's not a good choice, it must be his fiscal policy then? Unfortunately the reality is his fiscal policy is just to get in while it's good and leave America with the bag.

Sure Trump boosted the economy, the US economy is a &^@#ing juggernaut and leads the world or is a huge contributer in almost everything. The US economy does fine with or without the intervention of any President and is only seriously effected by major global events. Even the 2009 recession is a blip compared to what other first world countries have faced. Trump took advantage of that and manipulated markets like Enron but on a much larger scale. When the markets implode as they're set to do (look at the nasdaq from 1990 to now) all these little gains Trump and his cronies cashed out on will save them, and the countries that enabled this with economic output will get nothing. He robbed the country blind and should be in jail.

People really like Trump for his foreign policy it seems, while ignoring the damage it actually does to the countries in the long run. While US foreign policy hasn't really changed, it turns out it's extremely complex and one person can't really make informed decisions on how to act, so it's best to take a back seat or you end up like Obama, drone striking thousands of civilians.

I agree that most US presidents were racist or at the very least like FDR had to pander to the southern segregationist's to pass legislation.

However can you provide evidence that presidents like Lincoln,FDR,Kennedy,Nixon,Reagan and both Bush's were/are rapists ?

59 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

However can you provide evidence that presidents like Lincoln,FDR,Kennedy,Nixon,Reagan and both Bush's were/are rapists ?

I can't but with how widespread sexual abuse is in today's society, I don't think it's far fetched to think these people raped their wives at the least. People as a whole didn't treat women very well until very, very recently.

Edited by Kurgom

51 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

I can't but with how widespread sexual abuse is in today's society, I don't think it's far fetched to think these people raped their wives at the least. People as a whole didn't treat women very well until very, very recently.

I think it is far fetched of you to paint every president as a rapist.

Personally I don't believe any of the politicians I named raped any woman.

That is a serious allegation to make against someone.

If you do this you should provide evidence.

Something something something

Trump wasn't on the flight logs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ghislaine-maxwell-pilot-epstein-trump-b1967112.html

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2021/11/30/1_5687151.html

He also acknowledged that Clinton was a passenger on a few flights in the 2000s and he had piloted planes with Prince Andrew, the late U.S. Sen. John Glenn of Ohio -- the first American to orbit Earth -- and former U.S. presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, "more than once."

Edited by Warhippy

CNN's Chris Cuomo collected info on brother Andrew's accusers, media reports

Chris Cuomo used his contacts to garner information about the women accusing his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, of sexual harassment, as well as of emerging media coverage relating to the scandal.

Driving the news: Although the CNN anchor had previously acknowledged that he had joined strategy sessions with his brother as the scandal was unfolding, new evidence and a transcript of Chris Cuomo's interview with state investigators make clearer the level of his involvement.

• Andrew Cuomo resigned from his post as governor in August after 11 women accused him of inappropriate behavior.

The big picture: Chris Cuomo helped dictate statements for his brother to use and was in touch with one of his brother's top aides, Melissa DeRosa, per CNBC.

• "Please let me help with the prep," Cuomo wrote to DeRosa in one text in March.
  • After it was reported that Andrew Cuomo had made an inappropriate advance on a woman at a wedding reception, Cuomo texted DeRosa, “I have a lead on the wedding girl.”

Cuomo also used his media contacts to get ahead of stories coming out about his brother.

• In March, DeRosa texted Cuomo about rumors that Politico would be publishing a story with more accusations, adding "can you check your sources." The news anchor replied that he was "on it."
  • DeRosa and Cuomo also discussed via text a then-upcoming article by Ronan Farrow in the New Yorker. Cuomo told investigators that he had contacted another journalist to try and ascertain the story's publication date.
  • "I was frequently in contact when we would hear word that there were other people coming out. Or there was more to be learned about somebody, I would talk to other journalists to hear what they had heard," Cuomo said during his interview with investigators.

A representative for CNN, Cuomo's network, said in a statement that all the new evidence required "thorough review and consideration," per CNBC.

• "We will be having conversations and seeking additional clarity about their significance as they relate to CNN over the next several days."

Not exactly the highest ethical behaviour for a journalist. At best he was disingenuous at worse he straight out lied.  Not sure if he survives but these days who knows?

P.S. It's kind of a shame Clam and his imaginary buddies got nuked. He probably would have enjoyed this story.

Edited by nuckin_futz