The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

We're going to shut down the government.  We won't do it if we can end mandates so we can kill more of our supporters.  Herman Cain Award Platinum

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/584062-conservatives-offer-shutdown-offramp-in-exchange-for-vaccine-mandate-vote

Conservatives offer shutdown offramp in exchange for vaccine mandate vote

When you embrace the crazy, they pull you down to their level.  The Senate is going to be the issue, and it is the crazy that will hold this up.  Let's kick the can down the road a couple more months and have this same debate in February.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/12/02/government-funding-shutdown-vaccine/?utm_source=reddit.com

House, Senate leaders announce government funding deal as they race to avert shutdown

The new stopgap, once final, would sustain the federal government until February 18, but some conservatives have not backed down over vaccine-related demands.

Regarding the possible repeal of Roe v Wade, it's a bit disappointing that a so-called "moderate" Republican, Susan Collins may have to take a large share of the blame, which is a bit odd, since she is on record as being pro-choice.

I dates back to the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. At the time, Collins was considered the "swing": vote, as the Senate was split almost completely along party lines. Collins did her "due diligence" on the Christine Blasey-Ford accusations and was widely lauded (especially by Lindsey Graham) for doing so. According to Collins, while she said she believed Blasey-Ford, she could find no corroborating evidence in the FBI investigation. (such as it was)

What was a bit lost in the whole affair was the fact that Collins had asked Kavanaugh about his stance on abortion and was "satisfied" with his response. (the gist of which was that it was "settled" and he would respect precedent)

Now it appears that BK has changed his position on precedent, at least in as far as it pertains to abortion cases. <_<

I'm sure many will remember Senator Collins' remark after voting against convicting Donald Trump in his first Impeachment. (For those that don't, Collins said Trump had "Learned his lesson" :rolleyes: ) It begs the question: How many times is Susan Collins going to be suckered by lying Republicans and how much damage is her gullibility going to do?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Apparently this is real. Tucker Carlson asking his friend Hunter Biden in 2014 to help his son get into Georgetown.

Buckley....

Now I have this mental image of Tucker coming home drunk one night, opening up the medicine cabinet and shouting "Honey! I just thought of the perfect name for the kid!"

Brand Autopsy | Buckley&#39;s: The Good Taste of Bad Taste

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Is that what Tucker found on Hunters laptop? No wonder it disappeared 

I've often wondered why Rudy didn't release any damning evidence prior to the 2020 election, but I think I've figured it out...

He was told by a security expert that a "brute force attack" was the best way to get Hunter's password, so he bought an axe from 4 Seasons landscaping.....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Chris Cuomo Fired From CNN Amid Investigation of Involvement in Brother Andrew’s Case

CNN has fired Chris Cuomo amid an investigation into his involvement into advising his brother, former Governor Andrew Cuomo. He was suspended earlier this week and the network conducted an investigation.

“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately,” the network said in a statement on Saturday. “While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.”

In his own statement on Saturday, Cuomo said: “This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother. So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at ‘Cuomo Prime Time’ and the work we did as CNN’s #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work.”

On Monday, new documents, released by the office of the New York Attorney General, revealed that Cuomo went to greater lengths while advising his brother than he previously disclosed. The documents were from an investigation of the sexual harassment accusations that forced Andrew Cuomo to resign, and showed that Chris Cuomo used his contacts as a journalist to attempt to learn information about the accusers.

“I would – when asked, I would reach out to sources, other journalists, to see if they had heard of anybody else coming out,” Cuomo told investigators, according to transcripts.

In addition, the documents reveal that Chris Cuomo was regularly in touch with Andrew Cuomo’s adviser Melissa DeRosa. A text message proves that in March, just days after a woman named Anna Ruch accused Andrew Cuomo of attempting to kiss her at a wedding, Chris Cuomo told DeRosa, “I have a lead on the wedding girl.”

Around the same time, Cuomo told viewers he “obviously” could not cover the accusations against Andrew. However, he did not disclose that he was already serving as a de facto adviser.

CNN had previously stood by Cuomo even as increasingly problematic new information about his involvement with Andrew Cuomo’s defense emerged, and even as those details angered other CNN employees. Back in August, CNN’s Brian Stelter all but confirmed that Cuomo’s ratings were protecting him from any real punishment. “Viewers wanted to see him on TV, and let’s be honest, this is TV, so that’s not a totally irrelevant factor.”

However, Cuomo’s ratings have nosedived in recent months; in November, Cuomo’s CNN program had its worst month ever with an average of 774,000 viewers, of whom 170,000 were in the advertiser-coveted 25 to 54 age demographic

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Chris Cuomo Fired From CNN Amid Investigation of Involvement in Brother Andrew’s Case

CNN has fired Chris Cuomo amid an investigation into his involvement into advising his brother, former Governor Andrew Cuomo. He was suspended earlier this week and the network conducted an investigation.

“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately,” the network said in a statement on Saturday. “While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.”

In his own statement on Saturday, Cuomo said: “This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother. So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at ‘Cuomo Prime Time’ and the work we did as CNN’s #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work.”

On Monday, new documents, released by the office of the New York Attorney General, revealed that Cuomo went to greater lengths while advising his brother than he previously disclosed. The documents were from an investigation of the sexual harassment accusations that forced Andrew Cuomo to resign, and showed that Chris Cuomo used his contacts as a journalist to attempt to learn information about the accusers.

“I would – when asked, I would reach out to sources, other journalists, to see if they had heard of anybody else coming out,” Cuomo told investigators, according to transcripts.

In addition, the documents reveal that Chris Cuomo was regularly in touch with Andrew Cuomo’s adviser Melissa DeRosa. A text message proves that in March, just days after a woman named Anna Ruch accused Andrew Cuomo of attempting to kiss her at a wedding, Chris Cuomo told DeRosa, “I have a lead on the wedding girl.”

Around the same time, Cuomo told viewers he “obviously” could not cover the accusations against Andrew. However, he did not disclose that he was already serving as a de facto adviser.

CNN had previously stood by Cuomo even as increasingly problematic new information about his involvement with Andrew Cuomo’s defense emerged, and even as those details angered other CNN employees. Back in August, CNN’s Brian Stelter all but confirmed that Cuomo’s ratings were protecting him from any real punishment. “Viewers wanted to see him on TV, and let’s be honest, this is TV, so that’s not a totally irrelevant factor.”

However, Cuomo’s ratings have nosedived in recent months; in November, Cuomo’s CNN program had its worst month ever with an average of 774,000 viewers, of whom 170,000 were in the advertiser-coveted 25 to 54 age demographic

Meanwhile in FOX land,

Hannity and Carlson are given raises and more air time after helping foment the insurrection and lie around "the big steal"

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meanwhile in FOX land,

Hannity and Carlson are given raises and more air time after helping foment the insurrection and lie around "the big steal"

Fox News’ Sean Hannity Defends Suspended CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: ‘Not the Worst Offense’

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-hannity-defends-cnn-cuomo/

Fox News host Tucker Carlson defends Chris Cuomo after CNN suspension: 'What a thing to be fired for'

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-defends-chris-cuomo-after-cnn-suspension-what-a-thing-to-be-fired-for-132206505.html

Fox's top hosts dumbfounded that someone could be fired for such unethical behaviour.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

How big of a dish!t family do you have to be to have your whole life revolve around guns and feel that you have to show it for every holiday event?

64C7DDA9-C211-4990-B48A-FA0C91371E88.jpeg

"House Rep" is a little vague. Is he a Democrat or a Republican? Please specify. The suspense is killing me. :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Fox News’ Sean Hannity Defends Suspended CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo: ‘Not the Worst Offense’

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-hannity-defends-cnn-cuomo/

Fox News host Tucker Carlson defends Chris Cuomo after CNN suspension: 'What a thing to be fired for'

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-defends-chris-cuomo-after-cnn-suspension-what-a-thing-to-be-fired-for-132206505.html

Fox's top hosts dumbfounded that someone could be fired for such unethical behaviour.

Who are these people?  Andrew Cuomo and Tucker (bow tie) Carlson, okay.  But Fredo and Hanith?  What?  Who?  

15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

"House Rep" is a little vague. Is he a Democrat or a Republican? Please specify. The suspense is killing me. :lol:

Let’s just say his Twitter page is filled with retweets from the likes of Candace Owen, Lauren Boebert and that ilk…as well as shots at Adam Kinzinger. :lol:

Edited by 4petesake
lies to likes? Should have left it.