The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden, Harris, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al

DonLever

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn't there supposed to be a clear separation between church and state?  If these are his personal beliefs, that's fine, but keep it out of government.  

They can't help but pop their righteous boner at the thought of subjugating the masses to their ancient beliefs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Extremist clerics preaching in mosques lead to terrorism.

Two awesome comments on that thread:

"I'm not an earthen vessel. More like a condemned Amusement Park."

"Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure there's someone who would still take a ride"

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Two awesome comments on that thread:

"I'm not an earthen vessel. More like a condemned Amusement Park."

"Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure there's someone who would still take a ride"

man, some of the comments lower down.  You wouldn't think the GOP could scrape the bottom of the barrel anymore than Greene and Boebert, but Cawthorne makes them look like halfway normal people

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Finally some good political news:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/politics/devin-nunes-retiring/index.html

Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California announced Monday he'll leave the House in the coming weeks to become CEO of the Trump Media & Technology Group.

"I'm writing to let you know I've decided to pursue this opportunity, and therefore I will be leaving the House of Representatives at the end of 2021," Nunes said in a letter to his constituents.
Moments after his statement, the Trump Media & Technology Group released its own saying Nunes would be its chief executive officer.
Nunes, who faced the threat of a more-Democratic district through redistricting ahead of next year's midterms, is a close ally of former President Donald Trump. He previously served as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee when Republicans were in the majority, during which he led efforts among Trump's allies to discredit the FBI's Russia investigation and Special Counsel Robert Mueller's probe.
Nunes was also an outspoken defender of Trump during his first impeachment, and the then-President awarded Nunes the Medal of Freedom in January.
Trump praised Nunes in the media group's statement, calling him "a fighter and a leader."
"He will make an excellent CEO of TMTG," Trump said.

This is eerily reminiscent of when Stephane Auger left the ranks of NHL referees. That is, if Auger had left voluntarily and then went to work as a referee consultant for a Roller Derby league....
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Finally some good political news:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/politics/devin-nunes-retiring/index.html

This is eerily reminiscent of when Stephane Auger left the ranks of NHL referees. That is, if Auger had left voluntarily and then went to work as a referee consultant for a Roller Derby league....

I have always believed that the term " house intelligence committee" is an oxymoron.

• Vintage 2

On 12/3/2021 at 10:53 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

Buckley....

Now I have this mental image of Tucker coming home drunk one night, opening up the medicine cabinet and shouting "Honey! I just thought of the perfect name for the kid!"

Brand Autopsy | Buckley's: The Good Taste of Bad Taste

I still have bottle of this stuff that I picked up few years ago from Canada.

I would’ve been better off I smoked big pile of pine needles, &^@#in awful!

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think the athletes should be able to make their own decision.  

Yep if athletes support genocide and China depriving their own citizens of their basic human rights then athletes should choose to go.

After all a medal is far more important than human rights. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Yep if athletes support genocide and China depriving their own citizens of their basic human rights then athletes should choose to go.

After all a medal is far more important than human rights. 

What if they're angry and think that give them an arse-kicking in their own Olympics sends the message better?

We need to change these stupid residency laws for the politicians.

Hawley lives in VA but represents MO, Romney lived in UT but was Governor of Massachusetts.

Now you got Mehmet Oz running in PA but lives in NJ.

Not to mention, what kind of asshole votes for a politician that doesn’t even live in a state that he represents!

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

We need to change these stupid residency laws for the politicians.

Hawley lives in VA but represents MO, Romney lived in UT but was Governor of Massachusetts.

Now you got Mehmet Oz running in PA but lives in NJ.

Not to mention, what kind of asshole votes for a politician that doesn’t even live in a state that he represents!

Don't worry, we had some situations here.  You have Pam Walin being appointed to a Senate sear for Saskatchewan being a media personality bases in Ontario.  Here in Prince George, the previous long-time Conservative MP spent almost his entire final term living in the south of the province. 

• Cheers 1