DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden is President-Elect, Trump May Run in 2024

14 minutes ago, Me_ said:

992DCEA5-8141-4F77-862C-730ED82086B7.jpeg

All it needs is some MAGA hats in red Sharpie....

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Get A Brain Morans | Know Your Meme

That pic is photo shopped. This is the original. Probably not that big a stretch though. I am fairly certain he didn't vote for Hillary.

at least we know for certain

he spelled USA correctly

Edited by coastal.view

Bone Spurs is pulling out the "illegal voters" / "rigged election" garbage.... https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/25/donald-trump-rigged-election-talk-fears-274477

First he lit into Michigan and Nevada, threatening to withhold federal funding because of his assertion that both states were preparing to commit voter fraud through mail-in ballot applications. Then President Donald Trump followed up Sunday with two more broadly worded warnings that November would be “the greatest Rigged Election in history.”

“The Democrats are trying to Rig the 2020 Election, plain and simple!” the president claimed.

Trump’s increasingly amped-up rhetoric surrounding the integrity of the November election is beginning to bring to center stage a previously muted conversation. With the president lagging behind Joe Biden in public opinion polls six months before the general election, his opponents are becoming increasingly anxious that Trump may attempt to undermine the results of the election if he loses — or worse, might attempt to cling to power regardless of the outcome.

"He is planting the seeds for delegitimizing the election if he loses," Vanita Gupta, a former head of the Department of Justice’s civil rights division under President Barack Obama and now president of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, said on Twitter on Sunday in reaction to Trump's "rigged election" claim. "It’s from the playbook. It’ll get more intense as he gets more freaked out."

Trump’s rhetoric isn’t new for him. Dating back even before his entry into electoral politics, the president has had a long preoccupation with voter fraud and “rigged” elections. As a primary candidate, he attributed his Iowa defeat to fraud committed by Sen. Ted Cruz. Even after his general election victory, Trump made unsubstantiated claims of “serious voter fraud in Virginia, New Hampshire and California” — three states he failed to carry — and told congressional leaders that millions of illegal votes were the reason he lost the popular vote.

In one of his first acts as president, Trump created an 11-member commission to study alleged voter fraud. Two years later, amid the GOP’s 2018 wipeout, he was lodging complaints about “electoral corruption” in Arizona and “missing or forged” ballots in Florida.

The concern that Trump might attempt to ignore the outcome of the election has persisted as an undercurrent in the Democratic Party since 2016, when Trump, during the year’s last presidential debate, refused to say if he would accept the election’s outcome if he lost. In the years since, Democrats saw innuendo in Trump’s jokes about extending his presidency beyond the constitutional limit of eight years and expressed admiration for Chinese President Xi Jinping’s limitless terms.

....this just goes to show his level of confidence heading into November.

More in the link.

• Hydration 1

22 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Get A Brain Morans | Know Your Meme

That pic is photo shopped. This is the original. Probably not that big a stretch though. I am fairly certain he didn't vote for Hillary.

Still can't spell Moron correctly.

Of course I didn't tune in to watch Trump's Tulsa rally, (I can read or listen to him lie and brag any time) but I did read an excerpt from the over 14 minutes he spent explaining his Silly Walk down the ramp at West Point.....:rolleyes:

"It was sunny and hot"

"I was wearing leather bottom shoes" (and the General's shoes were "loaded with rubber")

"I saluted 600 times"

"I was on stage for hours"

"There was no handrail"

"The ramp was slippery as an ice rink"

"The ramp was really, really, really, really steep" (Yes, that's 4 "reallys"...and it technically only takes three "reallys" to equal one "exceedingly")

If this guy were any more thin-skinned, he'd be water....:picard:

• Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

Still can't spell Moron correctly.

He's from the "Show Me" state....

....In this case, it's "Show me you're an idiot"....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He's from the "Show Me" state....

....In this case, it's "Show me you're an idiot"....

Sadly he's not the only Missourian like that.

• Hydration 1

22 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

:lol: Apparently, the Trump campaign doesn't want to admit that they got their pants pulled down in public by a bunch of "meddling" kids:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-rejects-idea-that-tiktok-k-pop-fans-sabotaged-rally-dont-know-what-theyre-talking-about

It wasn't the kids, it was the "Fake media!" and radical left wing protesters that scared all the badass Trump supporters away.....:rolleyes:

Saw this in the news.  We go live now to White House footage of the Donald getting ready to type the words "fake news" into his Twitter
Trump rages on Twitter, expanding his war against "Fake News" to ...

It's gotta be a proud day for the man who's proud of having "da best" including in military, when another ARMY bested his.  

14 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Saw this in the news.  We go live now to White House footage of the Donald getting ready to type the words "fake news" into his Twitter
Trump rages on Twitter, expanding his war against "Fake News" to ...

It's gotta be a proud day for the man who's proud of having "da best" including in military, when another ARMY bested his.  

One of my favorite comments was, "The only military man Trump respects is Colonel Sanders"....

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Bone Spurs is pulling out the "illegal voters" / "rigged election" garbage.... https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/25/donald-trump-rigged-election-talk-fears-274477

More in the link.

Straight from the dictator's playbook indeed. 

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

More in the link.

It’s a win win for him.

If he wins he won despite the odds, if he loses he will say that he was cheated.

Probably call up his supporters to “liberate” the country.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

It’s a win win for him.

If he wins he won despite the odds, if he loses he will say that he was cheated.

Yeah....it's the political version of "the refs were against us"....

.....personally, I don't care if he whines, or if the clowns in the red hats stage a revolt....as long as Trump leaves the WH...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah....it's the political version of "the refs were against us"....

.....personally, I don't care if he whines, or if the clowns in the red hats stage a revolt....as long as Trump leaves the WH...

That bolded word has me little worried, but I hope for the best.

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I used to worry more than I do now....

....Trump has lost the respect of most of the military, IMO. They'll follow orders and frog march Fat Boy out, if they have to.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

It’s a win win for him.

He did the same thing in 2016 too.

Like you said, Trump is just creating a win/win scenario for him in his head.

• Burr 1

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He did the same thing in 2016 too.

Like you said, Trump is just creating a win/win scenario for him in his head.

If he could have a dictatorship, he would jump on it. His actions strike me as very similar to how a lot of dictators work around the world. A lot of lies. A lot of deception. A lot of greed.

40 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I don't doubt Trump will have to be removed from the White House, kicking and screaming the entire way, but he would require unwavering support from the majority of the military, congress and the legal system for him to attempt to not give up the office if he loses. If nothing else, within the last month, it's become clear that he does not have that kind of support, at all. 

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

More in the link.

Actually, I think they're literally shooting themselves in the foot by saying this if you think about it since anyone who actually shows up to these rallys see less support than they actually have. Since Trump's denying that it was "the left" doing it (or in this case the kids) this might instill a lack of confidence in those who support Trump and start actually thinking there's no one supporting Trump.

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, The Lock said:

Actually, I think they're literally shooting themselves in the foot by saying this if you think about it since anyone who actually shows up to these rallys see less support than they actually have. Since Trump's denying that it was "the left" doing it (or in this case the kids) this might instill a lack of confidence in those who support Trump and start actually thinking there's no one supporting Trump.

On a general level, someone who voted for Trump in 2016, but isn't one of the MAGA hat crowd, (meaning he or she "took a chance on an outsider" or something) already realizes that Trump has his issues.

What remains is for them to decide if they believe they're still better off with him, despite the warts, (meaning they might like the anti-China stance, or still believe that only a Republican handle an economy, etc) or if he's gone too far, in too many ways, to be given another four years in office.

I think enough of those folks will choose the latter. The ones showing up for a rally in the middle of a pandemic are beyond hope and will believe any lies he tells them, including a baseless claim of election rigging, despite any evidence to back it up.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

On a general level, someone who voted for Trump in 2016, but isn't one of the MAGA hat crowd, (meaning he or she "took a chance on an outsider" or something) already realizes that Trump has his issues.

What remains is for them to decide if they believe they're still better off with him, despite the warts, (meaning the might like the anti-China stance, or still believe that only a Republican handle an economy, etc) or if he's gone too far, in too many ways, to be given another four years in office.

I think enough of those folks will choose the latter. The ones showing up for a rally in the middle of a pandemic are beyond hope and will believe any lies he tells them, including a baseless claim of election rigging, despite any evidence to back it up.

This is probably true....

.... but let's still instill that lack of hope! Mental wars!