DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden is President-Elect, Trump Refuses to Concede

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm honestly starting to think so

Starting?  I felt was obvious since he started running. If you watch interviews of his from the 80s and 90s he's actually a decent and measured speaker. He's drastically changed and I just don't mean when firing up the dimwits that compose much of his base. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2020 at 8:19 AM, Toews said:

Later on Hannity angrily confronted accusations that he had crawled all the way up Trump's rump. "Ask Mike (Pence), he is there all the time. He will tell you I haven't been anywhere near it." 

Ha! I was in there trying to get Newt Gingrich to sign his recent book about the Great Donald J Trump. Saw Hannity there, but Pence must have stepped out for some air. B)

On 3/20/2020 at 8:03 AM, I.Am.Ironman said:

Saw this in the depths of a yahoo comment thread about the stock markets actually. Day by day quotes from President Orange re Covid 19. I put it into spoilers for space... and I have no way to cross reference them, it is from some guy on the internet but I do recognize some of the quotes. It's interesting to see how his message has changed from January

Reveal hidden contents

Trump's claims on COVID-19:
1/20: "I know more about viruses than anyone."

1/22: "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine."

2/02: "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

2/10: "The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April."

2/24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

02/25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

02/25: "I think that's a problem that’s going to go away. They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine."

02/26: "The 15 [cases in the US] within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

02/26: "We're going very substantially down, not up."

02/27: "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear."

02/28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

02/28: "Coronavirus... And this is their new hoax."

03/02: "Nobody knew of the number of US flu deaths."

03/02: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

03/02: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly."

03/04: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."

03/05: "I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work."

03/05: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

03/06: "I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."

03/06: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful.... The tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

03/06: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

03/06: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

03/07: "No, I’m not concerned at all. No, I’m not."

03/08: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

03/09: "This blindsided the world."

03/13: "I don't know the gentleman that we're talking about, I have no idea who he is," responding to if he'll get tested after being photographed with people who tested positive for COVID-19.

03/13: "National emergency, two big words."

03/13: "No I don’t take responsibility for that at all."

03/16: "Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves."

03/17: "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

03/17: "I've always viewed it as very serious. There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."

03/18: "I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all."

It’s called LEADERSHIP:bigblush:

More like coming across a serious car crash. You know that you shouldn’t slow down and gawk..... but you just can’t help yourself.

• Hydration 1

@nux4lyfe Trump was way too casual about this virus and has underestimated it since January. Reports are that he ignored the warnings from the intelligence community. Now the USA is on a steeper trend than Iran and a trend that rivals Italy and Spain. But hey it's China's fault. China deserves criticism for trying to suppress the severity of it, the lies and propaganda, the treatment of the since deceased doctor. Trump mishandled this situation from the get go.

New York Times have an interactive map: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/21/upshot/coronavirus-deaths-by-country.html

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

@nux4lyfe Trump was way too casual about this virus and has underestimated it since January. Reports are that he ignored the warnings from the intelligence community. Now the USA is on a steeper trend than Iran and a trend that rivals Italy and Spain. But hey it's China's fault. China deserves criticism for trying to suppress the severity of it, the lies and propaganda, the treatment of the since deceased doctor. Trump mishandled this situation from the get go.

New York Times have an interactive map: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/21/upshot/coronavirus-deaths-by-country.html

the guy put a block on China 2 weeks ahead before this crap went ramped ...Everyone and their mom called him out, Guess who was right?

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

6 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

the guy put a block on China 2 weeks ahead before this crap went ramped ...Everyone and their mom called him out, Guess who was right?

I wonder how anyone might have downplayed the virus impact, considering the WHOs position back in January.. Now we know... 

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

My nephew flew into YVR 2 days ago from Tokyo. Never checked or counselled about the virus. Canada has had open borders longer than the Americans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

13 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I wonder how anyone might have downplayed the virus impact, considering the WHOs position back in January.. Now we know... 

Can you really trust that though? That's cray if it is factual.

• Thanks 1

Just now, nux4lyfe said:

Can you really trust that though? That's cray if it is factual.

They have obviously changed their position but just goes to show how the situation has changed as we learn the facts and that we should also be skeptical at times of reputable global orgs that are funded by committee and subject to influencing unfortunately. Kind if like how saudi arabia made it on the womens rights council for the UN

The WHO's praise of China's response have led critics to question the relationship between the two entities. The UN agency relied on funding and the cooperation of members to function, giving wealthy member states like China considerable influence. Perhaps one of the most overt examples of China's sway over the WHO is its success in blocking Taiwan's access to the body, a position that could have very real consequences for the Taiwanese people if the virus takes hold there. 

The WHO's position regarding China has also renewed a longstanding debate about whether the WHO, founded 72 years ago, is sufficiently independent to allow it to fulfill its purpose.

22 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Obviously WaPo and Trump aren't friends but this is their report (https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/2020/03/20/299d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html)

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.

The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans. Lawmakers, too, did not grapple with the virus in earnest until this month, as officials scrambled to keep citizens in their homes and hospitals braced for a surge in patients suffering from covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Intelligence agencies “have been warning on this since January,” said a U.S. official who had access to intelligence reporting that was disseminated to members of Congress and their staffs as well as to officials in the Trump administration, and who, along with others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive information.

“Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn’t get him to do anything about it,” this official said. “The system was blinking red.”

Those timelines are important.. some of his quotes from that time frame that I posted a while back. The whole thing is in spoilers but here are some doozies that didn't age well:

1/22: "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine."

2/24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA... Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

02/25: "I think that's a problem that’s going to go away. They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine."

02/26: "The 15 [cases in the US] within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero."

03/02: "You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?"

03/06: "I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it... Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president."

03/09: "This blindsided the world." --- did it?

Spoiler

2/10: "The virus that we’re talking about having to do, a lot of people think that goes away in April, with the heat, as the heat comes in, typically that will go away in April."

02/25: "CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus."

02/28: "We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical."

03/02: "A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly."

03/04: "If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better."

03/05: "The United States... has, as of now, only 129 cases... and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!"

03/06: "I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down... a tremendous job at keeping it down."

03/06: "Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful.... The tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good."

03/06: "I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault."

03/08: "We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus."

03/13: "I don't know the gentleman that we're talking about, I have no idea who he is," responding to if he'll get tested after being photographed with people who tested positive for COVID-19.

03/16: "Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves."

03/17: "I've always viewed it as very serious. There was no difference yesterday from days before. I feel the tone is similar."

03/18: "I always treated the Chinese Virus very seriously, and have done a very good job from the beginning, including my very early decision to close the ‘borders’ from China - against the wishes of almost all."

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My nephew flew into YVR 2 days ago from Tokyo. Never checked or counselled about the virus. Canada has had open borders longer than the Americans. 

Both Canada and USA seemed to have dropped the ball with that. North America had way more time than the rest of the world to react . There are so many accounts of people flying in from Europe or Asia into YVR and not even getting a question about possible exposure thrown their way. Yet somehow, by some miracle, Canada is on a shallower trajectory than the states despite having open borders for longer. We will see how it unfolds in a week in BC.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Obviously WaPo and Trump aren't friends but this is their report (https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-intelligence-reports-from-january-and-february-warned-about-a-likely-pandemic/2020/03/20/299d8cda-6ad5-11ea-b5f1-a5a804158597_story.html)

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.

The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Taken together, the reports and warnings painted an early picture of a virus that showed the characteristics of a globe-encircling pandemic that could require governments to take swift actions to contain it. But despite that constant flow of reporting, Trump continued publicly and privately to play down the threat the virus posed to Americans. Lawmakers, too, did not grapple with the virus in earnest until this month, as officials scrambled to keep citizens in their homes and hospitals braced for a surge in patients suffering from covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Intelligence agencies “have been warning on this since January,” said a U.S. official who had access to intelligence reporting that was disseminated to members of Congress and their staffs as well as to officials in the Trump administration, and who, along with others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive information.

“Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn’t get him to do anything about it,” this official said. “The system was blinking red.”

Those timelines are important.. some of his quotes from that time frame that I posted a while back. The whole thing is in spoilers but here are some doozies that didn't age well:

03/09: "This blindsided the world." --- did it?

Hide contents

Both Canada and USA seemed to have dropped the ball with that. North America had way more time than the rest of the world to react . There are so many accounts of people flying in from Europe or Asia into YVR and not even getting a question about possible exposure thrown their way. Yet somehow, by some miracle, Canada is on a shallower trajectory than the states despite having open borders for longer. We will see how it unfolds in a week in BC.

I respect your opinion and I get it, There are also so many questions. I think he is doing his job and trying not to cause mass hysteria..Don't blame him.

I trust him more than the man who took down the twin towers.

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Give him a break.  He needed more time to sell some of his stock holdings.:P

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

You trust Trump more than would trust Bin Laden?

Wow..... Thats is quite the vote of confidence... 

Maybe he meant Cheney? Either way... scraping the bottom of the barrel

• Thanks 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

Sure.... but, just by acknowledging that you would also give credibility to the conspiracy theory of Cheney bringing down the towers....

I’m not able to give that poster the benefit of the doubt that he’s able to drink through a straw with out poking out both eyes... never mind lend a thoughtful opinion that doesn’t originate from the sewers of YouTube  

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Canorth said:

You trust Trump more than would trust Bin Laden?

Wow..... Thats is quite the vote of confidence... 

No, I trust Trump more than I do Bush. ^_^

If you're bored, Here's a cools song to pass time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdr_2IAJWU

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Sure.

5 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Sure.... but, just by acknowledging that you would also give credibility to the conspiracy theory of Cheney bringing down the towers....

I’m not able to give that poster the benefit of the doubt that he’s able to drink through a straw with out poking out both eyes... never mind lend a thoughtful opinion that doesn’t originate from the sewers of YouTube  

Honestly, You seem, for what ever reason that you have a lot of hate in your heart..RELAX.

I can give a sh!t and that's just my opinion.

We could argue about this all day but it's pointless..go have a beer.

7 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

No, I trust Trump more than I do Bush. ^_^

If you're bored, Here's a cools song to pass time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bdr_2IAJWU

Sure.

OK... so you trust the worst president in history more than you trust the 2nd worst president in history....

I’m enlightened 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Canorth said:

OK... so you trust the worst president in history more than you trust the 2nd worst president in history....

I’m enlightened 

2nd worst, Explain to me this..I have family all over America. They love their tax cuts! Secondly, For starters, How many wars has he started besides trying to make peace with NK and Russia, Genius!?

You hate him, because of the person. Not his politics...I know your kind.

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Thanks 1