DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Biden is President-Elect, Trump Refuses to Concede

7 hours ago, coastal.view said:

which of the black female candidates

or other high profile black woman

will biden choose ?

its tough to say, depends on their strategy. If its to appeal to more progressives maybe Abrams but then there's -'s with her inexperience. 

@nuckin_futz has done a nice review of this above. 

8 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

What's "wrong" about my post?

Standing Tall misrepresented the accounts of 8 women and I pointed out where he erred. This "breaking" story doesn't change that.

Besides, as others have already pointed out, maybe there's a reason that "the media" refuses to cover it....

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What's "wrong" about my post?

Standing Tall misrepresented the accounts of 8 women and I pointed out where he erred. This "breaking" story doesn't change that.

Besides, as others have already pointed out, maybe there's a reason that "the media" refuses to cover it....

601aa8d339e3056ce685151a58d7262d.png

"You" in this case being Naslund.said.we.choked.

9 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

So Trump campaign went through all that trouble trying to dig up dirt on the Bidens in Ukraine when the real dirt was right there under their noses?

Well golly gee whizz. What a co inky dink that is. 

Before the rush to judgement begins, maybe we should remember that Biden is innocent until proven guilty. 

It’s not as if the Trump team hasn’t pulled out all of the stops in the past. Roy Cohn, Steve Bannonn, Paul Mannafort, Roger Stone.... the list goes on and on.

One swamp gets drained and another is created. Maybe the media doesn’t cover because they don’t want to get sued for libel.

Stormy says hi!

• Hydration 1

On a slightly related note.

Dr. Fauci has been assigned a security detail amid of increased death threats made against him. 

Gee I wonder why death threats were made against him. 

Was it perhaps something the President said or Faux news (thus riling up Trump supporters)??

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

On a slightly related note.

Dr. Fauci has been assigned a security detail amid of increased death threats made against him. 

Gee I wonder why death threats were made against him. 

Was it perhaps something the President said or Faux news (thus riling up Trump supporters)??

More or less. From what I've been reading, it's the more extreme right wing outlets that have been stirring things up. But yes, it's because he's been contradicting the Dear Leader. It basically started with the facepalm during one of the early briefings...

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)

I *GUESS* he's an improvement over "Mr Pillow man".

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Confused 1

OTTAWA -- Manufacturing giant 3M says the White House has requested it cease exports of U.S.-made N95 face masks to Canada.

"The Administration also requested that 3M cease exporting respirators that we currently manufacture in the United States to the Canadian and Latin American markets. There are, however, significant humanitarian implications of ceasing respirator supplies to healthcare workers in Canada and Latin America, where we are a critical supplier of respirators," 3M said in a statement released Friday.

The statement comes hours after U.S. President Donald Trump invoked theDefense Production Act requiring companies to prioritize the production of masks and ventilators to fight the spread of COVID-19.

"We anticipate issuing more orders under the Defense Protection Act in the very near future, in addition to the one that I just signed against 3M for face masks," said Trump on Thursday evening. 

But 3M warns that ceasing those exports could cause blowback.

"Ceasing all export of respirators produced in the United States would likely cause other countries to retaliate and do the same, as some have already done. If that were to occur, the net number of respirators being made available to the United States would actually decrease. That is the opposite of what we and the Administration, on behalf of the American people, both seek."

Trump hinted at the move in a tweet published Thursday.

3M in response said it continues to "act on reports of price gouging and unauthorized reselling related to 3M respirators. This activity is unethical and illegal. We are working with the U.S. Attorney General and attorneys general of every state, making it clear that 3M has not and will not raise prices for respirators and offering our assistance in the fight."

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that, while Canada and the U.S. are working closely on sharing best practices and ensuring health-care workers on either side of the border get the supplies they need, there are no plans to enforce a bilateral trade agreement on personal protective equipment.

The prime minister’s inner circle, including Deputy Prime Minster Chrystia Freeland has strongly opposed the White House proposal to put U.S. military along the border to mitigate the international spread.

20 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

OTTAWA -- Manufacturing giant 3M says the White House has requested it cease exports of U.S.-made N95 face masks to Canada.

"The Administration also requested that 3M cease exporting respirators that we currently manufacture in the United States to the Canadian and Latin American markets. There are, however, significant humanitarian implications of ceasing respirator supplies to healthcare workers in Canada and Latin America, where we are a critical supplier of respirators," 3M said in a statement released Friday.

The statement comes hours after U.S. President Donald Trump invoked theDefense Production Act requiring companies to prioritize the production of masks and ventilators to fight the spread of COVID-19.

"We anticipate issuing more orders under the Defense Protection Act in the very near future, in addition to the one that I just signed against 3M for face masks," said Trump on Thursday evening. 

"Ceasing all export of respirators produced in the United States would likely cause other countries to retaliate and do the same, as some have already done. If that were to occur, the net number of respirators being made available to the United States would actually decrease. That is the opposite of what we and the Administration, on behalf of the American people, both seek."

3M in response said it continues to "act on reports of price gouging and unauthorized reselling related to 3M respirators. This activity is unethical and illegal. We are working with the U.S. Attorney General and attorneys general of every state, making it clear that 3M has not and will not raise prices for respirators and offering our assistance in the fight."

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that, while Canada and the U.S. are working closely on sharing best practices and ensuring health-care workers on either side of the border get the supplies they need, there are no plans to enforce a bilateral trade agreement on personal protective equipment.

The prime minister’s inner circle, including Deputy Prime Minster Chrystia Freeland has strongly opposed the White House proposal to put U.S. military along the border to mitigate the international spread.

honest to god, if you are Canadian and still support this clown you need a hard kick in the nads. 

• Upvote 3

@RUPERTKBD Do you think Biden would have told Canada to suck it in regards to N95 masks?

Asking for a friend.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

honest to god, if you are Canadian and still support this clown you need a hard kick in the nads. 

I guess i need a kick in the nads

Trump 2020

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Trump 2020

Would anything ever change your mind?

Better Dem candidate?  or is it just something about Donald that you adore? What if anything could turn you off?

25 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

@RUPERTKBD Do you think Biden would have told Canada to suck it in regards to N95 masks?

Asking for a friend.

I doubt it.

I also doubt that he would have actively outbid state governors who tried to purchase medical equipment for their citizens, but hey, he never said anything about making Massachusetts great again, did he?

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Trump 2020

yeah, you do. How can you, assuming you're Canadian, support someone who is willing to cut off Canada from medical supplies? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

This doesn't even make sense.

3M is a multinational company with manufacturing plants in Canada. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm betting we could get a pretty long list of folks on these boards who would be willing to help you out with that....

a person has to have a special kind of pathology to be Canadian and still support Trump, thats the only thing that makes sense to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

14 minutes ago, Red Light Racicot said:

This doesn't even make sense.

3M is a multinational company with manufacturing plants in Canada. 

"makes sense"  <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->"Trump"