The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum

1 hour ago, Mattrek said:

Or have my husband do this right after our first child is born/adopted, WTF is wrong with this family? Seriously what the actual ****? The actual tweet has profanity, so I’ll just quote the non swearing part, you can find it on twitter if you want to.

Surprised his marriage didn’t work out since he was sending me DMs a month after his wife gave birth. (I tweeted a joke about pulling a muscle changing a tampon and he replied asking if I smelled bacon? Cool joke)

DM from Donald Trump Jr said:

Well im getting ****4 the bacon comment. Glad I opted not 2send the tweet asking 4pics from ur bathroom tweet last night;) people need2chill

and

Stop that!!! I am a happily married man ; ) RT

Really.... the guys son gets a divorce... something that happens to half the couples in the US... and not only do you guys revel in it, make jokes... but you think this somehow reflects badly on Trump ?

Stay classy

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Dral said:

Really.... the guys son gets a divorce... something that happens to half the couples in the US... and not only do you guys revel in it, make jokes... but you think this somehow reflects badly on Trump ?

Stay classy

Says the guy who needs to post a picture of mutilated fetus to illustrate a very weak point...

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Dral said:

Stay classy

..and how many divorces has he been through, and for what reasons? The family is a joke, a really bad one too!

26 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Says the guy who needs to post a picture of mutilated fetus to illustrate a very weak point...

No, it was a good point... you just have no problem with mass murder as long as you can't hear the victims scream... shouldn't have expected much class... my mistake

6 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

You trust her over the Washington Post? No one believes Sara Sanders 

"President Trump has decided to remove national security adviser H.R. McMaster from his job, part of a potential larger move to change staff. "

http://wapo.st/2pj2zzR

This is not fake news, right?

You're certainly correct there....this is an easy thing for SHS to say....if Trump pulls the trigger on McMaster, they can just say he "changed his mind", or "new information came to light", etc., etc.

But yes, I agree. I'd believe the WAPO long before I'd believe Sarah Sanders.

9 minutes ago, Dral said:

No, it was a good point... you just have no problem with mass murder as long as you can't hear the victims scream... shouldn't have expected much class... my mistake

It's a fair point Dral, but I think you'd have to agree that a more accurate statement would be, "you have no problem with what I consider to be mass murder", since the SCOTUS (nor the SCC for that matter) don't see it as such. Except of course, for those rare exceptions like the one you posted a few days ago.

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's a fair point Dral, but I think you'd have to agree that a more accurate statement would be, "you have no problem with what I consider to be mass murder", since the SCOTUS (nor the SCC for that matter) don't see it as such. Except of course, for those rare exceptions like the one you posted a few days ago.

You can make an moral argument for whether a fetus is a human life, you can make philosophical arguments for what living is and you can make legal arguments for when a fetus has the right to life.... but it is alive. It IS a life form...

Bacteria is also a living organism... and we all kill millions of them a day... so I understand the tendency for people to not put a high value on life that you can't hear scream when you end that life...

Some people put value on the lives of cattle and pigs and refuse to consume them, these same people also consume the lives of vegetation at an astonishing rate...

Again, we all pick and choose which lives matter...

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

You can make an moral argument for whether a fetus is a human life, you can make philosophical arguments for what living is and you can make legal arguments for when a fetus has the right to life.... but it is alive. It IS a life form...

Bacteria is also a living organism... and we all kill millions of them a day... so I understand the tendency for people to not put a high value on life that you can't hear scream when you end that life...

Some people put value on the lives of cattle and pigs and refuse to consume them, these same people also consume the lives of vegetation at an astonishing rate...

Again, we all pick and choose which lives matter...

But I'm not making a moral argument. I'm making a legal one...

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Can't make up crap like this.

Teacher accidentally fires gun and injures student during safety lesson

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/california-teacher-fires-gun/index.html

It happens. YouTube it, there are videos of military, police etc discharging theor weapons during instruction. The teacher injuring the student means they weren't in control of their weapon. 

14 minutes ago, Dral said:

Never said I was a fan of abortion. Not a fan of removing the rights of half the population to make decisions about their own medical health, based on the beliefs of others, either. I am willing to set my opinions on abortion aside and trust that women will make the best decision for themselves, their health and their baby - if they choose to have it. It's a very sensitive and complicated topic, for all involved. 

Its your choice to equate this with mass gun violence, but until a woman altering her biology results in the direct death of dozens of people - your arguing a very very weak point. But you know this. Its why you need the shock value of posting graphic photos... to add psuedo-substance to an otherwise superficial strawman argument. 

Anyways, stay classy... 

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Never said I was a fan of abortion. Not a fan of removing the rights of half the population to make decisions about their own medical health, based on the beliefs of others, either. I am willing to set my opinions on abortion aside and trust that women will make the best decision for themselves, their health and their baby - if they choose to have it. It's a very sensitive and complicated topic, for all involved. 

Its your choice to equate this with mass gun violence, but until a woman altering her biology results in the direct death of dozens of people - your arguing a very very weak point. But you know this. Its why you need the shock value of posting graphic photos... to add psuedo-substance to an otherwise superficial strawman argument. 

Anyways, stay classy... 

medical concerns accounts for 2% to 3% of all abortions performed...  and I agree, if the life of the mother is at risk, and medically speaking, it's the best decision... then fine... but then, how do justify the other 600,000 abortions that happen every year?

You trust women will always make the best decision for themselves? That's pretty naive... you can't even trust people to make the best choice for POTUS...

But by all means, keep making up words... psuedo-substance... lol... while you're at it, maybe look up the definition of a strawman argument... you know, because I wasn't the one who brought up abortion in the first place... and I wasn't trying to refute an argument either

1 minute ago, Dral said:

medical concerns accounts for 2% to 3% of all abortions performed...  and I agree, if the life of the mother is at risk, and medically speaking, it's the best decision... then fine... but then, how do justify the other 600,000 abortions that happen every year?

You trust women will always make the best decision for themselves? That's pretty naive... you can't even trust people to make the best choice for POTUS...

And men make good decisions for themselves?

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And men make good decisions for themselves?

Did I say that ? No, they don't... generally humans don't make good decisions at all...

I was talking about women there because the person I quoted was talking about women... or, wasn't that obvious from the context of the conversation?

1 minute ago, Dral said:

Did I say that ? No, they don't... generally humans don't make good decisions at all...

Never said you did. That's why I asked the question. And yes, humans are flawed decision makers.

1 minute ago, Dral said:

I was talking about women there because the person I quoted was talking about women... or, wasn't that obvious from the context of the conversation?

It was obvious, but the statement could have been misconstrued had one chosen to read it that way.

2 minutes ago, Dral said:

Maybe we should just develop a mechanism by which eggs are fertilized, incubated, and developed inside a machine?  Then no women would need to be burdened with the horror of carrying a child.  Heck, why not remove the parents from the entire equation?  Have machines that raise the babies until they are mature enough to go to state run schools.  

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum
  • -DLC- locked this topic
  • -DLC- unlocked this topic