The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum

6 hours ago, gurn said:

Some people are slow learners.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/pro-trump-rep-lauren-boebert-includes-gunshot-sound-in-attack-ad-against-house-speaker-nancy-pelosi/ar-BB1esmX6?ocid=msedgntp

A pro-Trump congresswoman is getting online blowback for including the sound of a gunshot in an attack ad against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) shared the ad on social media Monday mocking Pelosi over Capitol security measures, and ended the 1-minute clip with the sound of a weapon being cocked and reloaded.

“Madam Speaker, tear down this wall,” Boebert snaps in the ad as she walks by fences that were erected around the building after the Jan. 6 riot.

Dubbing the fence-ringed Capitol “Fort Pelosi,” Boebert accuses Democrats of sparing no expense to protect themselves.

“It’s time to cut the crap and remember: This is the people’s house,” Boebert says as a rock-and-roll soundtrack plays in the background.

Critics on Twitter replied to her post asking what she was implying by the gunshot sound.

“Why was there a gunshot sound at the end of the video, was that a threat to the Speaker or President Biden?” wrote David Weissman, who describes himself a “former Republican, former Trump supporter.”

“The deadly insurrection was only 2 months ago. Why do you want to remove the perimeter around the Capitol so soon?” wrote another Twitter user, Jo.

The video makes no mention of the Capitol attack, in which Trump supporters and other right-wing extremists overwhelmed security and hunted down Pelosi and former Vice President Mike Pence.

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), participates in a discussion on the Right to Bear Arms during the Conservative Political Action Conference held in the Hyatt Regency on February 27, 2021 in Orlando, Florida. (Joe Raedle/)

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Tuesday approved a Capitol Police request to keep National Guard soldiers at the building for two-and-a-half more months, amid ongoing threats of extremist violence.

In Boebert’s ad, she compares the fencing around the Capitol with former President Donald Trump’s signature wall along the southern border, which he claimed Mexico would bankroll.

The Colorado congresswoman praises Trump for erecting the border wall, which she says proves he “loves America.” She derides Democrats as hypocrites in the video, for opposing that wall while supporting measures to secure the Capitol.

But she had ZERO issues with a wall being built around the white house for trump

remember that

• Hydration 3
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

But she had ZERO issues with a wall being built around the white house for trump

remember that

She lies effortlessly, which is to say she doesn’t even bother to do it well.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

remember that

Brother people have trouble remembering what happened last week,let alone last year.

15 hours ago, 4petesake said:

She lies effortlessly, which is to say she doesn’t even bother to do it well.

image.png

Two different people but your point is well taken....they're both useless (a word that I can't include, but it rhymes with "bunts")....

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why the hell aren't more politicians like this????

My "dream" 2024 ticket is Porter and Abrams....

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Two different people but your point is well taken....they're both useless (a word that I can't include, but it rhymes with "bunts")....

Facepalm...the stupidity seems to run together and coagulate.

I think it was Ronnie Corbett (The Two Ronnies) that did a bit about a man who couldn’t say the letter “c”. He wraps it up by saying “what a silly bunt.”

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A bunted bunt.

I must admit I stole that from Mike Burkett.

He used it to describe Ann Coulter.

I have yet to decide who I would like the Dems to run in 2024.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Facepalm...the stupidity seems to run together and coagulate.

I think it was Ronnie Corbett (The Two Ronnies) that did a bit about a man who couldn’t say the letter “c”. He wraps it up by saying “what a silly bunt.”

Grew up with pommy shows like the 2 Ronnies and Porridge.

Still prefer British TV to American.

A current great comedy is a show called Mum.

Really well written and acted

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Grew up with pommy shows like the 2 Ronnies and Porridge.

Still prefer British TV to American.

A current great comedy is a show called Mum.

Really well written and acted

One we used to get but don't anyone is "Spitting Image". Basically the Muppet Show for adults.

Pure genius....

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One we used to get but don't anyone is "Spitting Image". Basically the Muppet Show for adults.

Pure genius....

100%.

Used to watch it back in England as a kid.

I always think of that show when people whine about how politicians are unfairly ripped these days, mostly the Trumpies....I'm like have you seen Spitting Image?

Also..Land of Confusion...come on, one of the best music vids of all time. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3
10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

100%.

Used to watch it back in England as a kid.

I always think of that show when people whine about how politicians are unfairly ripped these days, mostly the Trumpies....I'm like have you seen Spitting Image?

Also..Land of Confusion...come on, one of the best music vids of all time. 

Remember Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister ?

You can't rip polies more than those shows did.

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Remember Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister ?

You can't rip polies more than those shows did.

Remember the name but never watched. I was 8 when we moved, so I did enjoy Spitting Image because they were funny puppets. 

England has always had a stiff upper lip when it comes to slagging each other. Nasty humour. 

35 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Remember the name but never watched. I was 8 when we moved, so I did enjoy Spitting Image because they were funny puppets. 

England has always had a stiff upper lip when it comes to slagging each other. Nasty humour. 

Seriously you should watch those shows.

They are timeless and reflect the BS of both the politicians and the bureaucracy/public service of any "demockcrazy".

• Hydration 1
9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So much whining about cancel culture from people who have no idea what it is. There really is nothing left to say.

393D38AA-6174-4A0B-A318-B14D82AB122D.jpeg

Tomi has a role in the upcoming movie Roe v Wade which was premiered at cpac.

Bunch of conservative morons who are trying to twist that court decision to suit their views.

To quote a great man 

" If you think her reproductive rights are inconsequent you're wrong".

This is one issue I am still concerned might happen,that the supreme Court/morons will overturn that decision.

• Upvote 2
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum