The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum

55 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

which brings up kind of a scary idea... we have ~20% of the worlds fresh water, and a leaky tub toy for a navy. We are in trouble if the US wants to take it. I don't think it gets to that, but we will be in bed with them for a very long time. 

In that regard you have wealth beyond measure.

One of the many things history has taught us is that desperate people will render desperate deeds.

Spur1 hits the nail on the head when he states that you should be smarter with that resource than you have with another-oil.

• Hydration 1
4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

It looks like that insurgents are getting rough treatment in jail.

Who would have thought that torture, beatings etc. could happen in American prisons.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/capitol-riot-defendant-alleges-beating-by-jail-guards/ar-BB1fmNgh

These are the same Nazi ****s who were probably defending the war crimes at Guantanamo Bay.  Glad to see those terrorists getting exactly what they deserve.  Preview of what shower time will be like for Agent Orange.  Lube up Bunker B****.

Edited by King Heffy
1 hour ago, Chesster said:

By letting the migrants know they weren't welcome, sending them back to Mexico to await hearings, and making an agrrement with Mexico to stop the caravans at the Mexican border.  Biden rejected these policies, laid out the welcome mat and got the flood of immigrants he wanted. Some nice cheap labour so his friends and @CBH1926 can keep wages nice and low.

Again, I told you... me and Ted don't care about the migrants, we are pointing out the conditions to you because you and your's cared immensely about the conditions 4 years ago. Kids that you branded as "in cages" were being protected just as they are now in their plastic boxes. I feel sorry for the kids because they are being put into peril by their parents so they can illegally pursue the American dream.

Except in countries around the world, you seek asylum at ports of entry or at immigration offices.   That's how it is in Canada and that is how it was pre-TRUMP.  These people are mostly trying to do this legit, legal thing and TRUMP imposed roadblocks and COVID-19 are creating part of the problem.   The other is the bs drug war.  Slowly this is changing.

And guess what, the bigger illegal immigration problem are people who overstay their visas.  People who entered the US LEGALLY. 

https://amp-theatlantic-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/587485/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16177688576971&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theatlantic.com%2Finternational%2Farchive%2F2019%2F04%2Freal-immigration-crisis-people-overstaying-their-visas%2F587485%2F

The Real Illegal Immigration Crisis Isn’t on the Southern Border

Focusing on asylum seekers who cross land borders ignores the real problem: people who overstay their visas.

• Thanks 1

By letting the migrants know they weren't welcome, sending them back to Mexico to await hearings, and making an agrrement with Mexico to stop the caravans at the Mexican border.  Biden rejected these policies, laid out the welcome mat and got the flood of immigrants he wanted. Some nice cheap labour so his friends and @CBH1926 can keep wages nice and low.

Again, I told you... me and Ted don't care about the migrants, we are pointing out the conditions to you because you and your's cared immensely about the conditions 4 years ago. Kids that you branded as "in cages" were being protected just as they are now in their plastic boxes. I feel sorry for the kids because they are being put into peril by their parents so they can illegally pursue the American dream.

For starters Cruz cares only about himself and his perceived power.

Secondly what you so loosely label the American dream is that the people trying to get into America mostly want a better life for their kids.

History will look badly at nations like America and my own for locking up people and seperating families on the pretext of them being illegal immigrants.

Let me tell you the story of one "illegal immigrant" that came to Australia.

His name is Munjed Al Muderis.

He fled Iraq after refusing to cut the ears of some of Saddam's soldiers,which was a punishment,he is a surgeon.

After enduring a perilous journey to Australia he was locked up in what was basically a concentration camp.

After fighting for his freedom he has gone on to become one of the world's leading osseointegration surgeons,transforming the lives of amputees with a pioneering technique that allows them to walk again.

Nobody owns any "land"

We are merely custodians of the places we inhabit until we die.

In Americas case the previous inhabitants did a far better job of keeping the place they lived in pristine than the current inhabitants have

Edited by Ilunga
  • Hydration 1
5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

For starters Cruz cares only about himself and his perceived power.

Secondly what you so loosely label the American dream is that the people trying to get into America mostly want a better life for their kids.

History will look badly at nations like America and my own for locking up people and seperating families on the pretext of being illegal immigrants.

Let me tell you the story of one "illegal immigrant" that came to Australia.

His name is Munjed Al Muderis.

He fled Iraq after refusing to cut the ears of some of Saddam's soldiers,which was a punishment,he is a surgeon.

After enduring a perilous journey to Australia he was locked up in what was basically a concentration camp.

After fighting for his freedom he has gone on to become one of the world's leading osseointegration surgeons,transforming the lives of amputees with a pioneering technique that allows them to walk again.

Nobody owns any "land"

We are merely custodians of the places we inhabit until we die.

In Americas case the previous inhabitants did a far better job of keeping the place they lived in pristine than the current inhabitants have

You really don't know anything more about Ted Cruz's true motivations than I do. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as he does the right thing.

Why aren't illegals legal? Trump, going against his party and supporters, offered the dreamers a path to citizenship and the Democrats shut it down. Why? Because it would take away one of their favourite talking points.

Enforced generosity spirals into tyranny, societal collapse and genocide. I enjoy the abundance and order that capitalism delivers. I'd prefer not to experiment further with failed ideology.

The earth doesn't need you to take care of it. In the blink of the earth's eye everything human will be erased, replaced and forgotten.  We do need to take care of ourselves though, so we need to take care of our home, the earth. Worry about us, not it.

8 minutes ago, Chesster said:

You really don't know anything more about Ted Cruz's true motivations than I do. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as he does the right thing.

I highly doubt he's going to kill himself anytime soon, unfortunately.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Chesster said:

The earth doesn't need you to take care of it. In the blink of the earth's eye everything human will be erased, replaced and forgotten.  We do need to take care of ourselves though, so we need to take care of our home, the earth. Worry about us, not it.

So we do need to take care of the earth or we don't ?

I believe you have lost the plot in your effort to troll in this thread.

• Hydration 2
2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So we do need to take care of the earth or we don't ?

I believe you have lost the plot in your effort to troll in this thread.

I was wondering if you'd be able to digest the nuance. Here watch this and you'll get it. Very funny.

9 minutes ago, Chesster said:

I was wondering if you'd be able to digest the nuance. Here watch this and you'll get it. Very funny.

George is the best! Now you do realize this performance is from 1992, right? I think we’ve learned a little about climate change since then. But hey, not all of us I guess.

• Like 2

Why aren't illegals legal? Trump, going against his party and supporters, offered the dreamers a path to citizenship and the Democrats shut it down. Why? Because it would take away one of their favourite talking points.

Enforced generosity spirals into tyranny, societal collapse and genocide. I enjoy the abundance and order that capitalism delivers. I'd prefer not to experiment further with failed ideology.

I'm worried aboutcha buddy. 

• Hydration 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Please don't use an icon to try and cover up your ignorance 

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Chesster said:

Please, revise history some more and tell us how Trump was giving dreamers a path and not in fact threatening them and the dems by dangling the most marginal of carrots to give the barest of minimums if they essentially gave him overriding power.  Remember of course, when the dreamer fiasco was in the house and senate, Trump had a super majority and blamed it on the dems

Enforced generosity?  Please do tell me when over the last 4 years anything in America was generous or enforced.  The abundance of capitalism?  I am sure the wealth divide and exponentially increasing numbers of homeless unemployed and disenfranchised in America would disagree with you.

But what do we know...besides what you agree with Cruz on

• Hydration 1
11 hours ago, Chesster said:

When you revise history, do you tend to make yourself taller?  Or in these revisions is Trump the superstar athlete he claims his physical makes him out to be?

• Hydration 1
8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I highly doubt he's going to kill himself anytime soon, unfortunately.

The shocking thing is that no-one has of yet done it for him....:unsure:

10 hours ago, spur1 said:

You got that’s right. We need to be a lot smarter about it than our oil. Alberta blew it giving it away without making them pay the environmental cost and protection. 

it has to be a partnership approach. The US can just stick a hose into Lake Michigan and do what they want to if need be. Lucky with the orange clown gone we might have a better chance of something beneficial to Canada, but not sure what our leverage really is. 

So-called Christians eat this this up.  Here’s a guy that was jailed for defrauding this very target audience on a Jeebus TV network (not to mention this preacher was caught playing hide the salami with somebody that wasn’t his wife) is spreading this crap on yet another Jeebus network.  And no doubt this GOP target audience will believe it.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 3
  • Vintage 1
15 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

So-called Christians eat this this up.  Here’s a guy that was jailed for defrauding this very target audience on a Jeebus TV network (not to mention this preacher was caught playing hide the salami with somebody that wasn’t his wife) is spreading this crap on yet another Jeebus network.  And no doubt this GOP target audience will believe it.

Ya, all the while selling his rubes prepper buckets. And they aren't good.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/12/03/456677535/apocalypse-chow-we-tried-televangelist-jim-bakkers-survival-food

Apocalypse Chow: We Tried Televangelist Jim Bakker's 'Survival Food

• Haha 3
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum