The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum

Just now, Chesster said:

I think I'm right. It's too bad. I'm a big believer in the same philosophy as MLK agreed with, but that has lost out it seems.

you couldn't be more wrong. There's no equivalence between white power nazi's and black groups in the US fighting for equal treatment. Thats a really obscene idea you have there. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you couldn't be more wrong. There's no equivalence between white power nazi's and black groups in the US fighting for equal treatment. Thats a really obscene idea you have there. 

So MLK was obscene. I dont think so.

1 minute ago, Chesster said:

So MLK was obscene. I dont think so.

Most of us agree with MLK’s philosophy. We’ve got the luxury of time. Some people are tired of waiting. 

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Most of us agree with MLK’s philosophy. We’ve got the luxury of time. Some people are tired of waiting. 

a good piece of advice I got once was, when faced with two groups who are angry at each other, ask which one comes by it honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

a good piece of advice I got once was, when faced with two groups who are angry at each other, ask which one comes by it honestly. 

Or, to cut to the chase....

Which one is protesting years of being murdered, simply because of the color of their skin....and which one feels like "Their country is being taken away from them".....

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3
9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Which one is protesting years of being murdered, simply because of the color of their skin....and which one feels like "Their country is being taken away from them".....

that too, 

Wrapping yourself in "MLK" is pretty bad to try to create a false equivalence. I'd ask Ben Shapiro for my money back. 

• Hydration 3
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That’s why you see people bringing up Antifa all the time. Antifa is just the bogeyman that the true racists want and need to frighten average white people. A racist argument to push the lie that it’s not equality but dominance that people of colour are looking for.

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

That’s why you see people bringing up Antifa all the time. Antifa is just the bogeyman that the true racists want and need to frighten average white people. A racist argument to push the lie that it’s not equality but dominance that people of colour are looking for.

I sometimes think that ANTIFA does more harm than good...

I believe that the right wing rhetoric about them is vastly overblown, but unfortunately, there are some bad apples within the ranks that sometimes cross the line and taint the entire movement.

What really gets me is this concerted effort from the right to conflate BLM and ANTIFA as if they were a single entity. In doing so, they try and discredit the BLM movement altogether, categorizing it nothing more than a domestic terrorist group. This allows them to ignore, or downplay the violence committed against minorities and make the case that they themselves are the victims.....

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/trump-administration-awarded-firm-1-3-billion-make-covid-vaccine-n1263872

Trump administration awarded a firm $1.3 billion to make Covid vaccine syringes. Where are the syringes?

The Covid vaccines are here, but the ApiJect syringe is not yet approved by federal regulators and a new factory in North Carolina is not yet built.
  • Vintage 1
18 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/trump-administration-awarded-firm-1-3-billion-make-covid-vaccine-n1263872

Trump administration awarded a firm $1.3 billion to make Covid vaccine syringes. Where are the syringes?

The Covid vaccines are here, but the ApiJect syringe is not yet approved by federal regulators and a new factory in North Carolina is not yet built.

The CEO must have said something nice about Trump...

....that's how you got contracts with the Trump administration, right?

On 4/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, King Heffy said:

Considering he's defending a known nazi in MTG, lower than that.

" A known Nazi!"   :lol:

I don't know MTG but I know her accusers so I'm 99% sure defending her will be easy and maybe interesting.  The first accusation was that she thought Jewish space lasers were burning California. Sure enough her unedited tweet proved she said no such thing. It was almost as crazy as the "drink bleach hoax". Then there was "She's harassing poor victim David Hogg!" She kept her distance and asked precious Davey a few polite questions over 40 seconds which he rudely ignored.  Now she's a Nazi.  Why is she a Nazi?  Did she say she is one?  If media claim she is one, then she almost most certainly is not one. What do you have? Tell me what she did. Give me her full statement or video. Don't bother with a link to a nitwit spinning fantasies.

• RoughGame 1
4 minutes ago, Chesster said:

She kept her distance and asked precious Davey a few polite questions over 40 seconds which he rudely ignored

He's the school shooting survivor right? Why you gotta call him precious?  You think he was wrong to ignore her questions? from a person that poses with guns for political campaigns?

Your weird for thinking it's weird. Have eggs for dinner.  

• Hydration 2
5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

He's the school shooting survivor right? Why you gotta call him precious?  You think he was wrong to ignore her questions? from a person that poses with guns for political campaigns?

He's not afraid to be a spokesperson for the anti gun lobby so he shouldn't be afraid to answer a few questions. If he was traumatized he wouldn't be taking on this role.

• RoughGame 1
18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

No I don't think it's weird he ignored her. You're weird for thinking I think it's weird.;) But it's also not a big deal that she asked a few questions.

Edited by Chesster
18 minutes ago, Chesster said:

" A known Nazi!"   :lol:

I don't know MTG but I know her accusers so I'm 99% sure defending her will be easy and maybe interesting.  The first accusation was that she thought Jewish space lasers were burning California. Sure enough her unedited tweet proved she said no such thing. It was almost as crazy as the "drink bleach hoax". Then there was "She's harassing poor victim David Hogg!" She kept her distance and asked precious Davey a few polite questions over 40 seconds which he rudely ignored.  Now she's a Nazi.  Why is she a Nazi?  Did she say she is one?  If media claim she is one, then she almost most certainly is not one. What do you have? Tell me what she did. Give me her full statement or video. Don't bother with a link to a nitwit spinning fantasies.

Yeah, I'm sure that America First caucus is just made up of a bunch of people with a love of white hoods.  She is an obviously racist piece of garbage, and most civilized countries would have imprisoned her for hate speech.  Anyone who defends that evil Nazi despite all of her crimes against humanity needs to seek professional help.  

1 minute ago, Chesster said:

He's not afraid to be a spokesperson for the anti gun lobby so he shouldn't be afraid to answer a few questions. If he was traumatized he wouldn't be taking on this role.

How do you know? He may have been inspired because of the ordeal. 

Why should he have to talk to that woman of all people is my point. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Yeah, I'm sure that America First caucus is just made up of a bunch of people with a love of white hoods.  She is an obviously racist piece of garbage, and most civilized countries would have imprisoned her for hate speech.  Anyone who defends that evil Nazi despite all of her crimes against humanity needs to seek professional help.  

Hahaha. That is hilarious. I will look up this America First Caucus and find out what they are all about.  Thank you!

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum