The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum

1 hour ago, nux4lyfe said:

Dude, Are you delusional? People are really sensitive these days..I don't know anymore as what they identify themself as...I know the difference between man and woman..what was I supposed to call him?

Hey Nux here is a fact.

One in a thousand people, when they are born the doctor cannot tell what "sex" they are.

However I don't expect this to permeate your consciousness,your ability to recognise facts,well let's just say it's not good.

And what does it matter to you what another person identifies as ?

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

First of all, i don't apologize to anyone but G.O.D. Especially if I don't know you through a whole in the wall...kick rocks!

Go snitch to a moderator, You'd be a hit in prison!

What's wrong man, When did everyone get so sensitive? And that's exactly the problem...I could have said 'Tranny' and the same crap would have come up..now put your big boy pants on and let's move along, OK?

So you only apologise to an imaginary being ?

You have never made a mistake and apologised to another person for it.

That more than your posts state exactly what sort of a person you really are.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
34 minutes ago, stawns said:

I find the internet tough guy to be such an amusing, entertaining species. 

Usually weak as the proverbial in real life.

And I mean weak willed.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So you only apologise to an imaginary being ?

You have never made a mistake and apologised to another person for it.

That more than your posts state exactly what sort of a person you really are.

Wow! Explains a lot.

Looks like Pepsi needs to pull their machines to keep up.

North Carolina county bans Coke machines over company's criticism of Georgia voting law

Officials in Surry County, N.C., have approved a measure mandating the removal of all Coca-Cola machines from government facilities after the company's stated opposition to an election law passed in Georgia. 

In a letter written to Coca-Cola CEO James Quincey and obtained by NBC News, Surry County Commissioner Ed Harris called Quincey's critical comments regarding the Georgia election bill "corporate political commentary favoring the Democratic party." 

"Our Board felt that was the best way to take a stand and express our disappointment in Coca-Cola's actions, which are not representative of most views of our citizens," Harris wrote to Quincey. "Our Board hopes that other organizations across the country are taking similar stances against Coca-Cola and sincerely wishes that future marketing efforts and comments emanating from your company are more considerate of all your customers' viewpoints."

After the bill was passed by the state legislature, several Georgia-based companies like Coca-Cola publicly decried the measure, saying it amounts to voter suppression and unfairly restricts access to the polls for minority voters specifically.

Quincey said the measure "unacceptable."

“Let me be crystal clear and unequivocal, this legislation is unacceptable, it is a step backward and it does not promote principles we have stood for in Georgia, around broad access to voting, around voter convenience, about ensuring election integrity, and this is frankly just a step backwards,” he said at the time.

Several prominent Republicans have called on conservatives to boycott Coca-Cola and other companies who have criticized GOP-led voting measures.

Harris, who is an elected official in a county former President Trump won in both 2016 and 2020, said Coca-Cola was proving it supports "the out-of-control cancel culture and bigoted leftist mob."

"Michael Jordan once said 'Republicans buy sneakers too' when asked why he didn't make public comments about politics," he said. "Citizens of Surry County and across America are growing increasingly tired of large multinational corporations and their CEOs pushing an increasingly intolerant, bigoted, left-wing, divisive political agenda on its customers."

A spokesperson for Coca-Cola told NBC News it was aware of the recently passed measure in Surry County. 

"Representatives from our local bottler have reached out to the county commissioners, and they look forward to continuing their productive conversations with those officials," the company said. 

• Hydration 2
1 hour ago, stawns said:

You're probably as tough as Biden, Wanna go to the back of the gym!?!/:goat:

1 hour ago, Cerridwen said:

^^^^^ Yep, pretty much the expected response.

Posts bull$&!# and then won't own it....

Kick rocks..and get off my sack!

12 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just a day after former VP, Mike Pence called racism in America a "Left Wing myth", Ohio says "Hold my beer":

https://people.com/human-interest/army-veterans-mic-purposely-muted-during-speech-about-black-history/

<_<

This could turn out to be very costly to this Legion.

Hudson American Legion to close permanently after cutting veteran's mic during Memorial Day speech

Post officer resigns, president has not
By: Ian Cross
Posted at 3:13 PM, Jun 04, 2021 

and last updated 3:47 PM, Jun 04, 2021

HUDSON, Ohio — The Hudson Lee-Bishop American Legion, whose post officer cut the microphone of a veteran as he spoke about Memorial Day’s connection to Black history during a speech on Monday, has been suspended pending permanent closure, according to a news release from the American Legion Department of Ohio.

Jim Garrison, the Hudson American Legion’s post officer and the man who was discovered to have censored retired Army Lt. Col. Barnard Kemter’s speech at Markillie Cemetery on Memorial Day, has resigned as a post officer, and the American Legion has demanded that he resign his membership altogether.

“The American Legion Department of Ohio does not hold space for members, veterans, or families of veterans who believe that censoring black history is acceptable behavior,” the release states. “We discovered that the censoring that occurred at the Memorial Day Ceremony in Hudson, Ohio, sponsored by Hudson American Legion Post 464, was pre-meditated and planned by Jim Garrison and Cindy Suchan."

American Legion officials told News 5 partner the Akron Beacon Journal that Suchan, who chairs the Memorial Day Parade Committee and is president of the Hudson American Legion Auxiliary, has not resigned, but her case is being handled by the American Legion Auxiliary of Ohio.

During his Memorial Day speech, Kemter referenced historians from Harvard when he said, “Memorial Day was first commemorated by an organized group of freed black slaves less than a month after the Confederacy surrendered."

Just before Kemter expanded on how the Black community paid tribute to Union troops, his microphone was cut off — which Kemter recognized — but he kept going and spoke louder.

Suchan and Garrison “knew exactly when to turn the volume down and when to turn it back up,” the American Legion Department of Ohio release states. Before the event, Kemter gave a copy of the speech to Suchan, who asked him to remove the specific part of the speech about how Memorial Day was first commemorated by newly freed black slaves after the Civil War.

“These actions of Post 464, through its authorized representatives or officers in attempting to censor or suppress that portion of LTC Kemters’ speech and effectively doing so by reducing the speaker system volume, constitutes a violation of the ideals and purposes of the American Legion,” the release states.

Suchan had told the Akron Beacon Journal that the volume was turned down during part of Kemter’s speech because “it was not relevant to our program for the day” and the “theme of the day was honoring Hudson veterans.”

The American Legion Department of Ohio concluded the news release by stating: 

“We are deeply saddened by this and stand in unity and solidarity with the black community and all peoples of race, color, religion, sex, and gender, so that those who are exclusive of such persons will know that this behavior is not acceptable in The American Legion, in our homes, our hearts, our communities, in private, public, or anywhere. We will continue to educate the value of diversity. Being different amongst each other is what makes us better – together.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
22 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Don't flatter yourself that I'd ever be found within a 10 mile radius of your 'sack'...

I'm going to need at least 20 please...and that's being generous. Continue on with your pussycat hat..

34 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Wow! Explains a lot.

I shouldn't ask however I can't help myself 

What does it explain ?

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Guys got 21,413 posts and probably hasn't gotten off a chair ever or blessed a weight at a gym and I'm the 'internet' tough guy!

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I shouldn't ask however I can't help myself 

What does it explain ?

It's okay, Don't want to hurt your feelings.

32 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

Don't flatter yourself that I'd ever be found within a 10 mile radius of your 'sack'...

Up until this last series of posts I believed he was just trolling for attention.

However his true colours have finally shown through.

It was bad enough that he has shown himself to be a homophobe however abusing a woman really jerks my string.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

And Jesus said..."shut up libtard or I'll beat you up with my huge internet muscles", lol

From Joe Joe the clown to comedian!

You failed at both.

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

It's okay, Don't want to hurt your feelings.

Please don't worry

about my feelings. 

You abuse women and minorities.

Speak your mind

• Hydration 1
Just now, Ilunga said:

Up until this last series of posts I believed he was just trolling for attention.

However his true colours have finally shown through.

It was bad enough that he has shown himself to be a homophobe however abusing a woman really jerks my string.

LMFAO

Liberism is really a disease! I have gay people that I have hired smarty pants, everyone gets treated equal! Wow,

Guess we can just make stuff up now...

You're racist. You support biden!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfzJATDmXs

• RoughGame 1
1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Please don't worry

about my feelings. 

You abuse women and minorities.

Speak your mind

But, You're are racist and I love woman.

1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

LMFAO

Liberism is really a disease! I have gay people that I have hired smarty pants, everyone gets treated equal! Wow,

Guess we can just make stuff up now...

You're racist. You support biden!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfzJATDmXs

I have never stated I support Biden,I have always stated he is the lesser of 2 evils.

He is a billion times better than trump both as a person and an elected official.

• Hydration 1
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum