Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum


Recommended Posts

 

 

This is what inbreeding results in.:P

 

Edit:

Posted on another board:

 

"Note the idiot on the right who's wearing a t-shirt that reads "It's a Simcox thing"

From wiki:

"Chris Simcox (born 1961) is the American co-founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (MCDC), the project's main spokesperson, and a convicted sex offender. In June 2016, Simcox was convicted of child sexual abuse and is serving a 19.5-year sentence."

These are the same people who think that all Democrats are pedophiles."

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

 

 

This is what inbreeding results in.:P

 

Edit:

Posted on another board:

 

"Note the idiot on the right who's wearing a t-shirt that reads "It's a Simcox thing"

From wiki:

"Chris Simcox (born 1961) is the American co-founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps (MCDC), the project's main spokesperson, and a convicted sex offender. In June 2016, Simcox was convicted of child sexual abuse and is serving a 19.5-year sentence."

These are the same people who think that all Democrats are pedophiles."

One thing I like about the US is at least they lock up their pedophiles for a long time.  19.5 years just wouldn't happen up here.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

One thing I like about the US is at least they lock up their pedophiles for a long time.  19.5 years just wouldn't happen up here.

There's a lot more to it than punishment.  I doubt you'd be surprised that most offenders were likely victims of horrible assaults when they were young.  I'm not saying its an excuse, but it's a more complex issue than just "lock them up"

Edited by stawns
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

I dunno.  IMHO, this kind of makes him more "likeable" in that who wasn't this happen to themselves before?  Makes him more "human".   Or maybe I'm out to lunch (as usual).:lol:

 

edit:  I suppose this would've been more relevant in a UK thread heh.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

 

 

 

I dunno.  IMHO, this kind of makes him more "likeable" in that who wasn't this happen to themselves before?  Makes him more "human".   Or maybe I'm out to lunch (as usual).:lol:

 

edit:  I suppose this would've been more relevant in a UK thread heh.

At least he didn't just discard it at the top of the ramp before getting on Air Force One....

 

That being said, it's a bit disconcerting knowing that 2 world leaders of countries with nukes were both outsmarted by an umbrella.....:unsure:

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's a lot more to it than punishment.  I doubt you'd be surprised that most offenders were likely victims of horrible assaults when they were young.  I'm not saying its an excuse, but it's a more complex issue than just "lock them up"

For me, the risk of another offense is too high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

For me, the risk of another offense is too high.

Not saying they shouldn't face justice, just that it's a complex issue and lock em up and throw away the key isn't the best approach, imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stawns said:

Not saying they shouldn't face justice, just that it's a complex issue and lock em up and throw away the key isn't the best approach, imo.

I guess, I'm just frustrated when they get released as a "high risk to reoffend".

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

 

Maybe the way to deal with vaccine misinformation is not to ban it but instead to use it.

 

Set up a few bogus sites that release 'new' info like:

 

"New research indicates vaccines causes hair growth in balding men!"

 

"Secret study shows vaccines increase penis length!"

 

"Top doctor argues vaccines drastically reduces face wrinkles in women over forty!"

  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn good idea, only thing being eventually people will catch on, and never forgive the government for lying to them.

So it is up to us to spread the good words.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stawns said:

There's a lot more to it than punishment.  I doubt you'd be surprised that most offenders were likely victims of horrible assaults when they were young.  I'm not saying its an excuse, but it's a more complex issue than just "lock them up"

Unfortunately many human being's repeat behaviour they have witnessed been exposed to when they are young.

 

Those who break this cycle are rare.

One of my friends grew up watching his dad beat the crap outa his mum and him.

His older brothers/bikers/did nothing about it.

At 13,he was/is a big boy,he beat the crap outa his dad and his dad never touched them again.

Five years later when I knew him he used to sometimes hit his girlfriend,I would get inbetween them and tell him to hit me,which he did,while she escaped.

 

Ten years later he married another friend of ours,had 2 sons and for the last 30 years he has been a both a doting father and husband.

He actually broke the cycle.

 

 

 

 

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Unfortunately many human being's repeat behaviour they have witnessed been exposed to when they are young.

 

Those who break this cycle are rare.

One of my friends grew up watching his dad beat the crap outa his mum and him.

His older brothers/bikers/did nothing about it.

At 13,he was/is a big boy,he beat the crap outa his dad and his dad never touched them again.

Five years later when I knew him he used to sometimes hit his girlfriend,I would get inbetween them and tell him to hit me,which he did,while she escaped.

 

Ten years later he married another friend of ours,had 2 sons and for the last 30 years he has been a both a doting father and husband.

He actually broke the cycle.

 

 

 

 

Agree 100%, it is rare, but mostly because we try to understand and/or rehabilitate those people.  Like I said, it's unbelievably complex with no easy answers and no one way to deal with it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stawns said:

Agree 100%, it is rare, but mostly because we don't try to understand and/or rehabilitate those people.  Like I said, it's unbelievably complex with no easy answers and no one way to deal with it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/30/trump-tax-returns-can-be-released-to-congress-doj-says.html

Trump tax returns must be released by IRS to Congress, Justice Department says

  • The income tax returns of former President Donald Trump must be released by the IRS to Congress, the Department of Justice said.
  • The DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel said Congress had made a legitimate request to see Trump’s tax returns.
  • The decision came more than a year after the Supreme Court said Trump’s tax returns and other financial records had to be turned over by his longtime accountants to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. as part of a criminal probe.
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2021 at 9:37 PM, Ilunga said:

 

This is a subject that is close to my heart and really pisses me off.

 

 

 

https://truthout.org/articles/drone-whistleblower-gets-45-months-in-prison-for-revealing-ongoing-us-war-crimes/ 

 

Americans wonder why many in the middle east hate them.

 

 

 

 

Chris Hedges of RT America interviewed Daniel Hale's lawyer:

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

 

They dumped Liz Cheney for this numbskull.

 

Expect more from your elected officials.

Do these people, like this numbskull, actually believe this crap?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

 

They dumped Liz Cheney for this numbskull.

 

Expect more from your elected officials.

Jesus H......:picard:

 

Medicare and Medicaid are "Socialst schemes", you idiot.....

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do these people, like this numbskull, actually believe this crap?  

Hard to say, but Stefanik, got to where she is by e-kissing Donald Trump's posterior. She knows her bread is buttered by doing and saying whatever most closely reflects the words and actions of her dear leader.....

 

.....In other words, she's a political whore....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: California Gov. Newsom Defeats Recall Referendum

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...