DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Final Debate Thursday, Oct. 22

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

You mentioned Obama specifically. The article mentions Trumps false claim against Obama. 

John Kerry and the Logan Act are irrelevant to what your point was, which has been refuted. 

Do you acknowledge that the claim is and always was false and falsely peddled as truth by Trump?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-paid-iran-1-3b-two-days-after-400m-cash-transfer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-usa-cash/u-s-sent-pallets-of-cash-to-baghdad-idUSN0631295120070207

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/424351/EU-is-taking-steps-to-protect-companies-in-Iran

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/business/iran-nuclear-trump-business-europe.html

http://www.iran-daily.com/News/214793.html

i do find it an extremely odd coincidence that as soon as the iran deal was scrapped it was mostly french and german companies the cried foul the loudest.  Why is the EU hurt by iran not getting american cash, seems odd don't ya think.  How pissed off would american taxpayers be if billions of their dollars was spent building European infrastructure at the cost of american prosperity?

57 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-paid-iran-1-3b-two-days-after-400m-cash-transfer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-usa-cash/u-s-sent-pallets-of-cash-to-baghdad-idUSN0631295120070207

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/424351/EU-is-taking-steps-to-protect-companies-in-Iran

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/business/iran-nuclear-trump-business-europe.html

http://www.iran-daily.com/News/214793.html

i do find it an extremely odd coincidence that as soon as the iran deal was scrapped it was mostly french and german companies the cried foul the loudest.  Why is the EU hurt by iran not getting american cash, seems odd don't ya think.  How pissed off would american taxpayers be if billions of their dollars was spent building European infrastructure at the cost of american prosperity?

Again, that’s not the issue. The issue was whether or not Trump made a false claim against Obama.

I gave you the facts. Do you accept the facts as stated or are you going to continue to mindlessly believe a falsehood? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I don’t know, where is the uber expert Kushner?

Saving the world from Covid-19. What a dork.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

sure, there's a lot he could do that would suck and with the amount of powers he has now thats a big deal.  

so far hes coming through on his promises so steady as she goes

026F0DCF-0A2C-45D2-A99C-33779D2501DD.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

i think he is a great uniter of the people, have you seen any of his rallys.  the media has US citizens at each others throats, hes a fox news watcher dont talk to him, she listens to rachel maddow don't even try, ect ect

Identity politics and gender politics are key in creating division, who is pushing this more, trump or the media?Canadian media is forbidden to speak praise for anything he has accomplished.  How would we have treated obama if he had solved the 45 year old korean war, would it be any different than the coverage trump got?  

trump is the Rodney Dangerfield of politics

Bingo... Can’t get any respect  . Doesn’t deserve any respect.

E0A08808-5365-4486-826A-38E45644F4F0.jpeg

• Hydration 1

7 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Speaking of Gore, I wish he didn’t lose to GWB.

Unfortunately, i think Gore ran too much of an honest, rational campaign.  Bush was good at telling Americans all kinds of optimistic bull****, which is exactly what we wanted to hear.  Sadly, it was just that...bull****.

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Unfortunately, i think Gore ran too much of an honest, rational campaign.  Bush was good at telling Americans all kinds of optimistic bull****, which is exactly what we wanted to hear.  Sadly, it was just that...bull****.

Gore seemed like he was the smartest guy in the room but personality of a house plant (at the time).  Bush appeared to be a guy you'd wouldn't mind having a beer with (yeah, I know he grew up in a privileged environment - like how he was able to avoid getting sent to Vietnam).  Alot more relatable to the "average joe".  At least, that's how it appeared to me.  Style generally 'trumps' substance unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

5th generation canadian and proud of it

i believe Canadians should be in charge of making decisions on the best interests of fellow Canadians

im not a fan of unelected and unaccountable UN council members, world health officials, world banking cartel ect ect making desions for canadians

so are you pro totalitarian communism then?

i get it now, you're a certain style of conservative first. It doesn't matter that Trump screws over your own country, you align so much with his type of thinking you just can't help yourself. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

If we had a “normal president” you and I could debate Sanders vs. Biden policies all day long.

What we have is a guy that has set back human and woman’s rights decades with his Supreme Court appointments.

He is helping climate change, emboldened racists, destroyed U.S reputation, pathetic response to Covid 19, promoted nepotism and cronyism, created political turmoil in other countries due to ignorance.

Trump has no ideas of his own but others that have latched onto him do, guys like Miller, Bannon, Bibi, Putin etc.

This guy will have no problem letting your countrymen die because of lack of PPE, just to score political points.

It is time to get this guy out of the office before body count goes way up.

yeah we're in total agreement on these points, for sure. 

One the bolded one - its just fascinating to me that we have people on CDC that still love the guy, even after he does something like this. They'll make excuses for Trump saying it was our fault for not being ready :picard: it really is like a cult, with the minions making excuses for their leader. 

lets stop arguing about Bernie now tho, I think we've beat that one to death. 

• Hydration 3

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah we're in total agreement on these points, for sure. 

One the bolded one - its just fascinating to me that we have people on CDC that still love the guy, even after he does something like this. They'll make excuses for Trump saying it was our fault for not being ready :picard: it really is like a cult, with the minions making excuses for their leader. 

lets stop arguing about Bernie now tho, I think we've beat that one to death. 

Doesn’t matter, Jimmy. Priorities 1, 2 and 3 = owning libtards, dontcha know?

spacer.png

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Let’s not forget voting fiasco down in Florida.

• Hydration 2

36 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Let’s not forget voting fiasco down in Florida.

Gore won by the numbers but the US court system is too partisan and he ran into the wrong judge. My favourite is hearing conservatives whine about "activist courts" when a republican judge split decision gave them a president.

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Gore won by the numbers but the US court system is too partisan and he ran into the wrong judge. My favourite is hearing conservatives whine about "activist courts" when a republican judge split decision gave them a president.

image.jpeg.d5d9f32fb3f2d41ef59b4ad343bab029.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The they is braindead members of the GOP.

e596f26.jpg

Trump cheats at golf. 

15 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

5th generation canadian and proud of it

i believe Canadians should be in charge of making decisions on the best interests of fellow Canadians

im not a fan of unelected and unaccountable UN council members, world health officials, world banking cartel ect ect making desions for canadians

so are you pro totalitarian communism then?

This is interesting since you seem to be a fan of the guy who has packed his administration with unelected and unqualified people....:unsure:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I think he is a very divisive leader, he has the US citizens at each others throats. 

So, I don't think he is much of a leader at all. Half the country he runs hates him and he changes his inner circle every two seconds. Which means he can't find or hold on to 'only the best people' as he once touted. 

I can't imagine going into a battle following a leader like that.

You actually believe the political divide in the USA started with Trump? It wasn't that many years ago that Bush was the resident fool. Bush was a demigod and world criminal for Iraq. We won't go into the uber nasty things said about Romney in his campaign. Sorry Trump did not cause this division as much as the left wants to label him as such. 

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

You actually believe the political divide in the USA started with Trump? It wasn't that many years ago that Bush was the resident fool. Bush was a demigod and world criminal for Iraq. We won't go into the uber nasty things said about Romney in his campaign. Sorry Trump did not cause this division as much as the left wants to label him as such. 

No. I didn't say he started it.

He's capitalised on it and has given a lot of fuel to the fire. 

• Upvote 2
  • Burr 1