DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Final Debate Thursday, Oct. 22

3 hours ago, BPA said:

So what's makes his son-in-law Jared Kushner qualified to head the Coronavirus task team?

Well his father is a convicted felon so the apple don’t fall far from the tree.

Also he is sticking it to the boss’s daughter.

3 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

were a day or so away from the exact same trial completing in New York.  It's been 100% effective and many other anti parasitic are being tested and having positive results

And yet the Germans are touting a 100 year old tuberculosis drug name VPN 1019? as an interim cure. Do I get a participation medal for being the first to bring this up?

I saw it on the TV so it must be true.

:bigblush:

Buddy tested positive for Covid -19. Buddy drank lots of water. Buddy has now recovered. Therefore the cure is water. Am I doing this right?

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Unqualified kids? All three Trump kids have business careers before politics.

You didn't answer.

Let me try again. 

Do you think Kushner should oversee all that he does or do you think it is mostly nepotism?

40 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

And yet the Germans are touting a 100 year old tuberculosis drug name VPN 1019? as an interim cure. Do I get a participation medal for being the first to bring this up?

Buddy tested positive for Covid -19. Buddy drank lots of water. Buddy has now recovered. Therefore the cure is water. Am I doing this right?

I thought hot yoga was the cure?

• Hydration 1

Trump calls fired watchdog in impeachment probe a 'disgrace'.

https://www.burnabynow.com/trump-calls-fired-watchdog-in-impeachment-probe-a-disgrace-1.24112689

So Trump fired the guy who brought up the Whistleblower complaint (which is what that guys job dictates).  So firing the guy for doing his job is the standard now.  Or rather, fire anyone that shows anything negative towards Trump.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

It has to be salty water otherwise it doesn’t work.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

yes trump has been the one with the best intel and reaction to this on the world stage.  because he suggested it so early many other doctors around the world have had the time to do proper testing. i admit his leadership is whats driving the boat right now, you got me

This is comedy gold. Probably one of the most clueless things I've read in this thread and that's saying something. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

This is comedy gold. Probably one of the most clueless things I've read in this thread and that's saying something. 

keep on self owning guys this is fun

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

yes trump has been the one with the best intel and reaction to this on the world stage.  because he suggested it so early many other doctors around the world have had the time to do proper testing. i admit his leadership is whats driving the boat right now, you got me

You have to be a troll. You just have to be.

Either that or you make money off of Trump being in office.

This drug was being tested before Trump even mentioned it, but you seem to want to give Trump all the credit. Next thing you know, you'll be telling us coffee's actually called covfefe because Trump pointed out we've been saying it wrong all along.

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

You didn't answer.

Let me try again. 

Do you think Kushner should oversee all that he does or do you think it is mostly nepotism?

You are focused on the Trump kids and Kushner the son in law. If nepotism is the key concern then a complete review of the full 4000 appointees and their relationships would be in order. Both the GOP and the Democrats have relatives working in media and in government. In varying degrees they all have the potential to influence policy and opinions. The fact that Trump has put people in positions of power who he knows and trusts should not surprise. Neither should it surprise when he turfs out those he does not think are serving him well. It is clear he wants to keep his job and he will be judged by voters. If your concerns about nepotism lead to poor out comes then Trump will be defeated. It never did with the Kennedys.  

15 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It’s amazing what some will allow themselves to believe to stay on the right side of their ideological bent. Hell, even mainstream news in the US is trying to view Dumbpf in a presidential light. The propaganda machine down there is truly sociopathic. 

Same for the Democratic Party. They could have easily ran a candidate who represents a future that means something to the young voters, but instead they chose to put their chips behind a senile candidate so that those who crave power keep power. 

yeah the states is tearing itself apart, and even a pandemic just drives the wedges deeper.

I'm pretty happy with how our provincial and federal politicians are coming together through this, even Doug Ford has found a unifying voice. Ford's criticism of Trump should give some posters on here some pause... but it won't.

I don't think ideology is the right word anymore tho for some, that suggests that actual information is involved. Canadians For Trump sounds like a cult to me. 

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

If your concerns about nepotism lead to poor out comes then Trump will be defeated. 

you can't be serious.

Also how do you define 'poor outcomes'? it can't be debt ,or foreign policy, international relations, handling of the pandemic, trade negotiations, health or education where you can show he's had a 'good outcome'. 

OK the stock market was up for a while. Unemployment numbers were good too. Thats all he's got, and there's actual evidence to show he didn't really drive either. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/trump-didnt-make-this-economy/606115/

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you can't be serious.

Also how do you define 'poor outcomes'? it can't be debt ,or foreign policy, international relations, handling of the pandemic, trade negotiations, health or education where you can show he's had a 'good outcome'. 

OK the stock market was up for a while. Unemployment numbers were good too. Thats all he's got, and there's actual evidence to show he didn't really drive either. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/trump-didnt-make-this-economy/606115/

I know you enjoy the back and forth. As I said if people don’t think Trump is doing as good a job as the Democrats would, he can be voted out. 

Edited by Boudrias

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I know you enjoy the back and forth. As I said if people don’t think Trump is doing as good a job as the Democrats would he can be voted out. 

I'm saying the idea of a 'good job' won't have anything to do with how most people vote in the US, and in particular republicans who support Trump on ideology and not facts. 

Its funny to me that you think republicans would even consider switching, there isn't a set of facts that would move them off their vote. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Its funny to me that you think republicans would even consider switching, there isn't a set of facts that would move them off their vote. 

They are immune to eeeeeeevil cause they have the blood of Jeebus in them....

• Haha 1

You are focused on the Trump kids and Kushner the son in law. If nepotism is the key concern then a complete review of the full 4000 appointees and their relationships would be in order. Both the GOP and the Democrats have relatives working in media and in government. In varying degrees they all have the potential to influence policy and opinions. The fact that Trump has put people in positions of power who he knows and trusts should not surprise. Neither should it surprise when he turfs out those he does not think are serving him well. It is clear he wants to keep his job and he will be judged by voters. If your concerns about nepotism lead to poor out comes then Trump will be defeated. It never did with the Kennedys.  

I didn't say anything about the Trump kids.

I just wanted you to clarify that you believed it is nepotism, specifically Kushner, more than the previous business careers you mentioned as qualifications.

It is my opinion that Jared has been given too many hats to wear and they are really big appointments. Like a lot of Trump decisions I believe it has more to do with loyalty to him vs the best person for the role. 

I don't care how many times any other politician has done similar. It should be pointed out, called out, discouraged. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

You see, you've bought in here - they're not supposed to serve HIM well...they're intended to serve the country well.  That's where the focus should be. They do serve him well and that's likely more of a problem than an asset...they're his family and the self interest in running a country is obvious.  

The problem is he had celebrity status before barging into the White House and that propelled him there.  He also entertained the rich and they stick together...not because they're the best to run the country, but because they want to assert their power and make decisions that will keep them rich (mostly). 

Sadly there are so many in this day and age who would probably vote in a Kardashian based on..."hey, I follow them on Instagram".   It isn't his fault he gets voted for, but it is a bit of an issue when you see someone so hellbent on his way or the highway - "YOU'RE FIRED" was his catch phrase long before he got into office.  Where ego is so obvious and self absorption has him tweet out things a 16 year old would...this man's running one of the most powerful countries in the world and his go to is "best, biggest".  Bragging, gloating...as my Dad used to say "trying to dazzle with brilliance but he's just baffling people with his bullpoop".   Selling you a bridge (and a hotel?).

He really isn't "fit" to run a country from what most intelligent people are saying and they ARE saying it.  Power, popularity and status got him there but those things also started a ME TOO movement so they're not always used for a greater good.  Many exploit those positions so consider that.  The ol' gentleman's clubs of the past where it wasn't what you knew, it was who you knew that mattered.  Things are changing...slowly, but some are opening their eyes to a man who's a dinosaur.

There are people who love The Jerry Springer Show too...doesn't mean they are "fit" to decide on important world matters.  Those who think someone can heal them with magical fairy dust so they don't need medicine or science.  Even if they do get to vote, it's scary more than anything.  Maybe voting should come with an IQ test...something proving an active brain cell. Yes, democracy means everyone has a say but some people are driving a buss of racism and hatred to rally their troops and that, alone, is just plain wrong.  A nation divided.  Hopefully the people will get out and vote...those who thought there was no way in hell he'd get in the first time.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't care how many times any other politician has done similar. It should be pointed out, called out, discouraged. 

Times are changing and I think that's something that matters.

People also used to have slaves.  Women couldn't vote.  Etc.

The world evolves and so should how things are done in accordance with that.  Trump's stuck in 1967.

• Hydration 2