DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: Final Debate Thursday, Oct. 22

28 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Better?  Wrong choice.  

Santa Clause would be better.

Bad is the word.  

Biden isn't as bad as Trump.  Still means he doesn't deserve to be the leader of a country. 

It's like a choice between the Laffs, Ruins, Coilers, and Flamers.  Whatever option you choose, it's a losing choice.;)

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

aocfv8nyou70wp51.jpg

Damn do I have a thing for that gal and her wit

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Good read for anyone that thinks Biden would be any better:

"

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the current 2020 Democratic presidential frontrunner, made racially insensitive remarks and comments women might find offensive in a 1973 speech.

Earlier this year, the City Club of Cleveland, Ohio published the full audio of Biden’s hour-long address to its membership on May 18, 1973. While last week, among others Breitbart News reported on a new book by a leftist journalist detailing how Biden used the forum to outline what he thought “was good for the Negro,” no other full accounting of the then-senator’s remarks has been made until now.

Breitbart News has reviewed the full recording, and is providing an in-depth report of a number of questionable comments Biden made during these remarks.

In addition to this audio, Breitbart News has obtained a 1972 newspaper clipping showing he made more insensitive remarks—saying he was a “phony liberal” while discussing being nice to minorities.

At the time of the 1973 speech, Biden was 30 years old and had just won an upset victory to the U.S. Senate from Delaware—a seat he would hold for seven terms. Although new to politics, Biden was introduced that evening by the club’s then-president Bertram Gardner, one of Cleveland’s African-American civic leaders, as a rising star with a “frank and candid” demeanor.”

Since the speech took place against the backdrop of Watergate, Biden’s observations centered heavily on America’s fundamental makeup amid the scandal. At times, however, the young senator veered off course to offer his views on issues like race, perhaps an early indication of the gaffes and verbal missteps that would define his political career.

Biden began by joking he had a Capitol Hill elevator operator fired for not recognizing him as a U.S. Senator, before denouncing then-President Richard Nixon’s administration for “assaulting” constitutional government and the rights of everyday citizens.

To illustrate how Nixon tried to handicap Democrats ahead of the 1972 presidential election, Biden tried a football analogy. While explaining, he said women present in the audience would not understand football and that he was led to believe their attendance wasn’t welcome.

“The only analogy that I can really think of, is a football analogy,” he said. “And I apologize to you women in the audience for not being able to think of a more appropriate analogy, but they told me they didn’t want you here anyway.”

“I didn’t expect any women to be here,” Biden added."

More here:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/07/joe-biden-1973-full-audio-emerges-of-rollicking-speech-senator-gave-to-cleveland-city-club/

First off.  I will put anything via Breitbart on blast.  We can claim MSM bias all we want but when someone trots out The Rebel News or Brietbart, I will immediately call it in to question.  Bexte and Levant are two of the worst frigging hacks in North America and openly lie, push narratives and tow the line between outright hate and alex jones style bs.  I refuse to accept them as even remotely credible media for the same reason I don't accept info wars or the national enquirer

Secondly, for me.  I don't think Biden is better.  I've been open about that.  BUT, at this point in time it's about picking the least disgusting piece of crap out of the pile and if your choice is Biden or trump you're going to at least pick up the one that appears solid

Edited by Warhippy

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Good read for anyone that thinks Biden would be any better:

"

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the current 2020 Democratic presidential frontrunner, made racially insensitive remarks and comments women might find offensive in a 1973 speech.

Earlier this year, the City Club of Cleveland, Ohio published the full audio of Biden’s hour-long address to its membership on May 18, 1973. While last week, among others Breitbart News reported on a new book by a leftist journalist detailing how Biden used the forum to outline what he thought “was good for the Negro,” no other full accounting of the then-senator’s remarks has been made until now.

Breitbart News has reviewed the full recording, and is providing an in-depth report of a number of questionable comments Biden made during these remarks.

In addition to this audio, Breitbart News has obtained a 1972 newspaper clipping showing he made more insensitive remarks—saying he was a “phony liberal” while discussing being nice to minorities.

At the time of the 1973 speech, Biden was 30 years old and had just won an upset victory to the U.S. Senate from Delaware—a seat he would hold for seven terms. Although new to politics, Biden was introduced that evening by the club’s then-president Bertram Gardner, one of Cleveland’s African-American civic leaders, as a rising star with a “frank and candid” demeanor.”

Since the speech took place against the backdrop of Watergate, Biden’s observations centered heavily on America’s fundamental makeup amid the scandal. At times, however, the young senator veered off course to offer his views on issues like race, perhaps an early indication of the gaffes and verbal missteps that would define his political career.

Biden began by joking he had a Capitol Hill elevator operator fired for not recognizing him as a U.S. Senator, before denouncing then-President Richard Nixon’s administration for “assaulting” constitutional government and the rights of everyday citizens.

To illustrate how Nixon tried to handicap Democrats ahead of the 1972 presidential election, Biden tried a football analogy. While explaining, he said women present in the audience would not understand football and that he was led to believe their attendance wasn’t welcome.

“The only analogy that I can really think of, is a football analogy,” he said. “And I apologize to you women in the audience for not being able to think of a more appropriate analogy, but they told me they didn’t want you here anyway.”

“I didn’t expect any women to be here,” Biden added."

More here:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/07/joe-biden-1973-full-audio-emerges-of-rollicking-speech-senator-gave-to-cleveland-city-club/

I heard that he also made some inappropriate jokes about the Germans in 1940s!

Just now, CBH1926 said:

It's true. Apparently there is an international coalition of people named "Jerry" who are demanding an apology....

• Burr 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's true. Apparently there is an international coalition of people named "Jerry" who are demanding an apology....

Sauerkraut manufacturers are also protesting?

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Sauerkraut manufacturers are also protesting?

Yes. It's quite the pickle....

26 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Racism isn't a joke.  

Making light of it is one of the reasons we still have it.

19 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Another racial slur - didn't expect that from you.

Oh well.

Just now, Heretic said:

Another racial slur - didn't expect that from you.

Oh well.

Racial? Another?

0-2.....

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Racism isn't a joke.  

Making light of it is one of the reasons we still have it.

Good thing that you are quoting Breitbart since that is one media outlet that is racism free!

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Racial? Another?

0-2.....

Why don't you choose to be part of the solution instead of the problem?

I thought you were smarter.  Start showing it.

• Confused 1

Just now, Heretic said:

Why don't you choose to be part of the solution instead of the problem?

I thought you were smarter.  Start showing it.

Why don't you spare us the faux outrage? Nobody is buying it.

You looked like a fool defending Trump (again) and now you're trying to deflect the conversation onto something completely inconsequential.

As you always do...<_<

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Good thing that you are quoting Breitbart since that is one media outlet that is racism free!

Yeah, and they pretended to be Biden back in 1973 and record a fake audio presentation, store it in a vault until 2019.

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Why don't you spare us the faux outrage? Nobody is buying it.

You looked like a fool defending Trump (again) and now you're trying to deflect the conversation onto something completely inconsequential.

As you always do...<_<

I'm not selling it.

Feel free to apologize, reconciliation goes a long way.

Defending Trump?  0-2 as you say?  SMH.  

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Deflect deflect deflect.

Just now, Heretic said:

I'm not selling it.

Feel free to apologize, reconciliation goes a long way.

Defending Trump?  0-2 as you say?  SMH.  

Ah yes, the requisite "SMH". :rolleyes:

Carry on with your ridiculous crusade and defense of Donald Trump. You're not worth anyone's time.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Ah yes, the requisite "SMH". :rolleyes:

Carry on with your ridiculous crusade and defense of Donald Trump. You're not worth anyone's time.

0-3