DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: House Impeaches Trump for 2nd Time

13 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Because I suspect a large number of them despised Hillary even in comparison to Donnie.  Biden doesn't carry that same baggage besides being as old as Moses.

Lot of people didn’t vote because they thought election was in the bag.

Also anywhere between 6% and 12% of those that voted for Sanders voted for Trump.

Especially in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio that Trump only won by 100k votes that hurt a lot.

• Hydration 2

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/calls-to-fire-chuck-todd-for-nbc-airing-trump-town-hall-against-biden-s-at-same-time/ar-BB1a3rJc?ocid=msedgntp

morning comedy.. funny how a mere trending hashtag can generate a news article these days. looks like the battle for ratings is on... too little too late perhaps with all the early voting happening though.

Calls to Fire Chuck Todd For NBC Airing Trump Town Hall Against Biden's At Same Time

BB1a3GLC.img?h=100&w=100&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

People have been waiting 11 hours to vote, everyone is getting tired of the $&!# show.

I just hope that landslide starts on the 3rd so no room is left for “they stole the election”

January 1st, get the &^@# out!

Definitely hope that the polling (where Biden has leading by as much as 17% in recent days) holds up and the blue wave is strong enough that Biden carries the in-person voting, and is already leading, even before the mail-in counts are done.

Because if Biden isn’t clearly leading on election night, you know the shenanigans are coming. Trump had all but stated outright that he will challenge the mail-in balloting, and he’ll have the plants in place on the court and at the State level to deliver whatever decision he wants.

I really think he’s going to try to force a contingent election. He’s going to do everything in his power to try to steal this election. 

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

well... lets hope no one is left to be intimidated by Don Jr's "army" in a couple of weeks. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely hope that the polling (where Biden has leading by as much as 17% in recent days) holds up and the blue wave is strong enough that Biden carries the in-person voting, and is already leading, even before the mail-in counts are done.

Because if Biden isn’t clearly leading on election night, you know the shenanigans are coming. Trump had all but stated outright that he will challenge the mail-in balloting, and he’ll have the plants in place on the court and at the State level to deliver whatever decision he wants.

I really think he’s going to try to force a contingent election. He’s going to do everything in his power to try to steal this election. 

Of course he will. His actions have even shown he's a wannabe dictator. He's not here for democracy.

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

well... lets hope no one is left to be intimidated by Don Jr's "army" in a couple of weeks. 

What Trump is calling for is illegal in some states....I'm hoping a bunch of the Gravy Seals are too lazy, or too stupid to check and end up getting arrested.

like Bone Spurs says....."Law and order"....amirite?

• Hydration 2

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

I haven’t seen any around when I voted but it would be fun to see them hauled off to county jail.

Pretty sure they will show up in places where people have more guns than teeth to exercise “muh rights”

My hope is that after the election, legal system is up to task of locking up people that brought us all this.

Chant “look her up” might prove to be a prophecy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I haven’t seen any around when I voted but it would be fun to see them hauled off to county jail.

Pretty sure they will show up in places where people have more guns than teeth to exercise “muh rights”

My hope is that after the election, legal system is up to task of locking up people that brought us all this.

"more guns than teeth" - damn, that makes me miss @Ryan Strome

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What Trump is calling for is illegal in some states....I'm hoping a bunch of the Gravy Seals are too lazy, or too stupid to check and end up getting arrested.

like Bone Spurs says....."Law and order"....amirite?

Gravy Seals never gets old. 

I'd be very surprised if we don't see pockets of violence around Election Day but I hope I'm wrong. Some people in the US will never accept a Trump loss, and that will live on for generations in the US south much like Pierre Elliott Trudeau  still lives rent free in some Alberta minds. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Nice! Why don’t you head back in and vote again, before they set up patrol?

I’m hearing it’s pretty easy. Happens all the time, people are saying...

• Haha 3

More than 100 Hollywood stars demand NBC move Trump town hall set for Thursday night

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/hollywood-stars-demand-nbc-move-trump-town-hall-1.5763399

...or else what? you'll all move to Canada?

I don't like that NBC is doing the town hall debate at the same time as Bidens but I don't care what 'Hollywood stars' think much these days. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

More than 100 Hollywood stars demand NBC move Trump town hall set for Thursday night

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/hollywood-stars-demand-nbc-move-trump-town-hall-1.5763399

...or else what? you'll all move to Canada?

I don't like that NBC is doing the town hall debate at the same time as Bidens but I don't care what 'Hollywood stars' think much these days. 

Nor should you....

....that being said, it's a group that might carry a bit more clout than we might expect. Think about Fallon and Myers.....maybe it gets a bit more difficult to book guests on these shows....

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nor should you....

....that being said, it's a group that might carry a bit more clout than we might expect. Think about Fallon and Myers.....maybe it gets a bit more difficult to book guests on these shows....

You're right. 

I suppose with all the chatter before 2016, I thought Hollywood would have done a bit more with their celeb influence. Many of them seemed to turn into crickets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

You're right. 

I suppose with all the chatter before 2016, I thought Hollywood would have done a bit more with their celeb influence. Many of them seemed to turn into crickets. 

TBH, I doubt many would decline to go on Fallon because of this, but thinking about it just might give the network execs pause....

• Hydration 1

My guess is NBC weighed the potential fallout from this against the $$ they are going to make from showing the Trump town hall and the decision was easily made. A lot of things have changed in the last 4 years but money will always have the final say.

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Hydration 2