DonLever

USA Politics/Election Thread: House Impeaches Trump for 2nd Time

Pope Frank has endorsed same sex marriage:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/21/pope-francis-calls-for-civil-union-law-for-same-sex-couples

Pope Francis has endorsed same-sex civil unions as pope for the first time, departing from the position of the Vatican’s doctrinal office and his predecessors on the rights of gay people.

The remarks came in a documentary called Francesco that was released on Wednesday.

“Homosexual people have a right to be in a family. They are children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out or be made miserable over it,” the pontiff said, as he reflected on pastoral care for those who identify as LGBTQ.

“What we have to create is a civil union law. That way they are legally covered. I stood up for that,” he said.

The documentary on the life and ministry of Pope Francis was presented at the Rome Film Festival, and is set to make its North American premiere on Sunday.

It's too bad this didn't happen during the questioning of ACB, or the Pence-Harris debate....

Still, Bone Spurs says the Bible is his favorite book (right after Hustler) so it will be interesting to hear his take....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pope Frank has endorsed same sex marriage:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/21/pope-francis-calls-for-civil-union-law-for-same-sex-couples

It's too bad this didn't happen during the questioning of ACB, or the Pence-Harris debate....

Still, Bone Spurs says the Bible is his favorite book (right after Hustler) so it will be interesting to hear his take....

What a dope pope. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

What a dope pope. 

We need more forward thinking people like him in charge around the world. Perhaps then we can get over this problem of so many people stuck in history (and even priding themselves on it).

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

But hunter biden...corruption...

Rachel Maddow shares highlights from new reporting from the New York Times that Donald Trump has a previously unknown Chinese bank account from which he withdrew millions of dollars after he became president, and conducted millions of dollars in real estate deals after he became president, with people connected to the Chinese government.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/nyt-exposes-trump-chinese-bank-account-millions-in-china-connected-deals-while-president-94274117555?cid=sm_fb_maddow&fbclid=IwAR3lT7OHhirZkwWBi4xnAcovOj1sRyd5e9L_0t_mh4gxxc_FLZ6kPHudpQM

17 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

What a dope pope. 

Yeah, what we need is an old school "burn 'em at the stake" kind of Pope....

I'm thinking a Faith Militant Order would be totally rad....trashing brothels, dumping wine and beer into the gutters and especially the part about parading adulterers naked through the streets...(well...except for Trump. That would be cruel and unusual for anyone who had to watch...)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, what we need is an old school "burn 'em at the stake" kind of Pope....

I'm thinking a Faith Militant Order would be totally rad....trashing brothels, dumping wine and beer into the gutters and especially the part about parading adulterers naked through the streets...(well...except for Trump. That would be cruel and unusual for anyone who had to watch...)

“Dope” was meant as a compliment in this context, Rupe. Time to brush up on your Gen Z/Millenial vernacular. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

“Dope” was meant as a compliment in this context, Rupe. Time to brush up on your Gen Z/Millenial vernacular. 

Well, in that case, I withdraw my flippant remark.

Except for the parading adulterer's naked part. I'm still down with that...especially if Ivanka has been getting some Gentile Vitamin D on the side....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Only if he gets to do them at Clinton correctional facility in Dannemore N.Y.

He'll be protected by the AB in prison.  They got his back...well when he is in the proper position anyway).  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny that you defend Trump's tax evasion as "smart business" and "nothing illegal", because "no charges have been laid against him"....yet, you continue pursuing the Burisma angle as if it's the height of corruption, even though the entire thing has been investigated, with no wrongdoing found....

....and you accuse others of partisanship....:rolleyes:

Tax Avoidance /= Tax Evasion

Just now, Zfetch said:

Tax Avoidance /= Tax Evasion

So?

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

So?

You're making up a situation that is not real.

2 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

You're making up a situation that is not real.

Seeing as we're being pedantic here, I didn't put the two words in caps, so it wasn't an actual reference to a crime. (which should have been clear from the context of the discussion with WHL) The point being made was that Trump was evading taxes.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/evading?s=t

• Wat 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Seeing as we're being pedantic here, I didn't put the two words in caps, so it wasn't an actual reference to a crime. (which should have been clear from the context of the discussion with WHL) The point being made was that Trump was evading taxes.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/evading?s=t

No man. Trump is committing tax avoidance if anything not tax evasion. Learn your concepts before you speak out about them. 

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, surtur said:

Thursday not Tuesday.

On Tuesday when he posted the comment he used the term he hasn’t campaigned for the past four days.

How does that include Thursday?

To help you figure this out: 

On Tuesday the past four days were Monday

Sunday, Saturday, Friday.

That wasn’t too hard, now was it? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Just now, Zfetch said:

No man. Trump is committing tax avoidance if anything not tax evasion. Learn your concepts before you speak out about them. 

How would you know? Have you read the tax returns or the IRS audit file?

Just now, Zfetch said:

NO man...

You don't get to make that statement as he refuses to release his taxes, by the terms of the IRS he has in fact potentially committed Tax fraud and evasion but as of this moment he is free from investigation at the federal level.  Which is why he is fighting at the state level to keep his records sealed

Seems to me a minor bit fo avoidance wouldn't be worth 3 separate court cases to keep his records free

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

How would you know? Have you read the tax returns or the IRS audit file?

No but accounting is my field and I know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion :lol:

3 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

No but accounting is my field and I know the difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion :lol:

Again, seems to me that if that's the case he has nothing to hide.  So why is he hiding it?  As well, are you an American or Canadian certified accountant?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Zfetch said:

Trump has been performing illegal activities to avoid paying taxes among other things. If you think that's tax avoidance, I'm glad you're not my accountant. lol

• Hydration 1