The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

38 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

just wire it, they do it all the time

oh noes its forbiddin, lol give me a break if you can transfer .01 you can transfer 10000000000000000000000000000+++  its simple computer tricks.   They did force this through in the middle of the night and its scetchy as hell.  trump is well within his right to suggest this matter gets a closer look.  Facebook mods debunked it bro

like dose there bank need a bigger modem to cary the decimal?

There is no banking relationship between U.S and Iran therefore you can’t just wire the money.

Besides sending 848k to Iran and 9mil there has never been any huge wire transfers between the two countries prior or 400mil cash payment.

Iran also asked for cash and to be paid in other currencies like francs, euros etc.

• Hydration 2
3 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics/iran-cash-payments-congress-hearing/index.html

they could do it here, this wasnt the only time a payment to iran was made, far from it.  They were doing it all the time

The article you posted here even admits that the money in question was from a failed arms deal from prior to the revolution.  It was Iran's money being returned to them, plus interest and penalties.   A long standing dispute in which Iran was wronged. 

"The money was flown in a plane to Iran on wooden pallets stacked with various currencies to resolve a dispute between the two countries stemming from a failed arms deal made before the Islamic Revolution in 1979 that toppled the Shah."

• Vintage 1
1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The article you posted here even admits that the money in question was from a failed arms deal from prior to the revolution.  It was Iran's money being returned to them, plus interest and penalties.   A long standing dispute in which Iran was wronged. 

"The money was flown in a plane to Iran on wooden pallets stacked with various currencies to resolve a dispute between the two countries stemming from a failed arms deal made before the Islamic Revolution in 1979 that toppled the Shah."

this is true, we have allways agreed on this not sure why you keep bringing it up

im talking about very specifically the 1.7 billion add that dissappeared into the night that isnt on the books that nobody knows where it went, who authorized it and who received it.  just that

1 minute ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

this is true, we have allways agreed on this not sure why you keep bringing it up

im talking about very specifically the 1.7 billion add that dissappeared into the night that isnt on the books that nobody knows where it went, who authorized it and who received it.  just that

Do you have to tell your employer what you did with your money?  No.  So why would the Iranians have to tell us what they did with THEIR money?  What does it matter who authorized the payment?  The payment was a well documented case that went through the Hague.   It wasn't some made up scam.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Do you have to tell your employer what you did with your money?  No.  So why would the Iranians have to tell us what they did with THEIR money?  What does it matter who authorized the payment?  The payment was a well documented case that went through the Hague.   It wasn't some made up scam.  

prove to me iranians even got one penny of the missing 1.7 billion.  It's missing

this is the problem with setting it up this way, red flags

4 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

prove to me iranians even got one penny of the missing 1.7 billion.  It's missing

Missing?  I guess I missed that one.  You would think that if someone says they are going to pay you back, and the money doesn't come, then you would say something.   Care to provide a source 

• Hydration 2
Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Missing?  I guess I missed that one.  You would think that if someone says they are going to pay you back, and the money doesn't come, then you would say something.   Care to provide a source 

yeah theres video

in not linking it again just scroll back

6 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

European Bank converted the $1.3 billion into a foreign currency and then disbursed the funds as banknotes to an official from the Central Bank of Iran. 

This process occurred in two installments, one on January 22 and the other on February 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Just now, CBH1926 said:
European Bank converted the $1.3 billion into a foreign currency and then disbursed the funds as banknotes to an official from the Central Bank of Iran. 

This process occurred in two installments, one on January 22 and the other on February 5.

were going in circles, i'm not talking about any of this ^

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s times like these that I’m reminded of a favourite quote of an intelligent former poster who frequently advised me not to argue with idiots. They’d only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience. 

Beautiful. I think I should take the same advice.

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

lack of listening to experts - this is false

he is surrounded by teams of experts.  he put together a corona virus task force, see mike pence, to deal with this epidemic way back when polosi was handing out matching impeachment pens to the democrats who were super busy with super important stuff. who is dr fauci and why is he everywhere right now?

You mean the Dr. Fauci that's getting death threats from Trumpians because he keeps contradicting him? Yea, he's been ignoring experts since January. Now that Americans are dying left and right, it's finally drilled into his head (somewhat) that he should take this seriously. 

trump enacting social distancing - he got called a bigoted xenophobic racist for his efforts.

Enacted it but didn't enforce it. Also downplayed the virus constantly. Basically a recipe for disaster that even a dollar store leader could've figured out. 

he had months to prepare and organised supplies -  yep and he did like a boss, distribution issues but thats out of his control

Huh? He didn't even order ventilators and masks until mid-March. If they had been ordered in February as everyone was telling him too, there wouldn't be such a short supply there now. 

The distribution issue is also their own doing. The correct process is the Defense Powers Act is declared for a product, FEMA buys it at market price and delivers it with the help of the National Guard to states depending on need. The current process is, Jared Kushner outbids the states using Federal money, gives it to a supplier who then sells the same product at top dollar back to the states (need federal approval). So they are slowing the process down and making it more expensive needlessly instead of following guidelines.

getting rid of his pandemic team, that's fake news why are you spreading conspiracy

The NSC directorate for global health security and biodefense was disbanded in 2018 by Trump appointee, John Bolton. 5 democrat congressmen wrote to the White House at the time calling it a bad move and that it leaves America vulnerable to a pandemic. 

to answer your last question, population density

hope this helps

Toronto has like 1200 cases. About the same as the whole state of Oklahoma and 600 less than Nevada. Way higher density and similar population. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Vintage 1
Just now, CBH1926 said:

Me too

I've responded twice with logical arguments (and quotes from trump) that refute the poster's claims but have been selectively ignored. Some people don't like facts if they go against their narrative. I honestly believe there are people that distort real events to fit a narrative; their belief system is so strong and unwavering to the point of subconscious (or conscious) reality distortion

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s times like these that I’m reminded of a favourite quote of an intelligent former poster who frequently advised me not to argue with idiots. They’d only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience. 

Wetcoaster....I believe....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, naslund.is.king said:

Reporter: Biden just attacked you online (tweet)

Trump:No,he didnt.He doesn't write that stuff.He has democratic operatives write that...If hes watching this,he doesn't even understand what hes watching:lol::lol:

Poor Joe is gonna get destroyed in debates

By the guy who can't work an umbrella, looks directly at eclipses and thinks people are born with a finite amount of energy that will be "used up" if they exercise.....

....."destroyed"....:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • SNuck changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread