Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

You're reading a lot more into that post than I am.

Then you haven't been paying attention...

 

Posting misleading videos about Democrats and/or prominent "Left wing" personalities is all Nux4 does.....He hasn't had an original thought in his entire time being part of this forum...

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole MTG fiasco, goobers have figured out that without Q nuts and DJT cult members they really have no chance to win anything ever again.

As awful as Trump is and was, he got 2nd most votes in the U.S election history, so let that sink in.

 

With so many unregistering as Republicans and stopping their donations to the party.

What we are going to see is GOP sticking with Trump and his bull$&!#.

Hold the line!

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The left-wing biased media.  About that.  Fair and balanced.

 

 

balanced10i2dgo87wf61.jpg

The whole "far left" mantra just makes me shake my head....it's like a six year old, calling someone they don't like "ugly" or "stupid"....It doesn't even have to be true, as long as it makes all the other six year olds on the playground laugh....

 

The other day, I read a story on Faux that called Stephen Colbert a "Far left comedian"....:rolleyes:

 

It's just so ridiculous. "Far left" should be reserved for people like Mao and Pol Pot. Not comedians who joke about Donald Trump and his cronies....

  • Hydration 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

This whole MTG fiasco, goobers have figured out that without Q nuts and DJT cult members they really have no chance to win anything ever again.

As awful as Trump is and was, he got 2nd most votes in the U.S election history, so let that sink in.

 

With so many unregistering as Republicans and stopping their donations to the party.

What we are going to see is GOP sticking with Trump and his bull$&!#.

Hold the line!

I saw an article the other day that said a poll of Republican voters resulted in approximately two thirds stating that they would leave the GOP, if Trump started his own party.

 

I saw that and said, "Yes, please!"

 

Neither party would ever form a government again.....

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's all a result of the pervasive myth that the right has been promoting for decades...."The land of opportunity"...."Where anyone can be a success, if they just work hard"....

 

People (and Americans especially) have been brainwashed to believe that they too can achieve the American Dream. They just have to want it really bad. Unfortunately, the truth is that unless you're won the genetic lottery and end up a world class athlete or Musician, it's next to impossible for a lower class individual to become the kind of success, that the Right would have you believe.

 

Even "self made" billionaires like Gates and Zuckerberg came from backgrounds that allowed the to excel. Most all of them were able to attend University and earn degrees that would be the stepping stone on their respect roads to success. But even with that in mind, the Guys like Bezos, Musk and Cuban are far outnumbered by the wealthy people who inherited their money. Case in point: a certain former president, who will go down in history as the worst ever....

 

This isn't to say that it's impossible for someone from a lower income background to succeed. It's just extremely difficult and it's no surprise that the folks telling them they too can be business tycoons, never had to clear those hurdles themselves.

Immigrants from Asia, Africa, Europe etc are outperforming natives in the U.S by a huge margin. Not only in terms of income but also education.

 

  1. Indian Americans: $135,816[12]
  2. Taiwanese Americans: $102,405[12]
  3. Australian Americans: $100,856[12]
  4. Filipino Americans: $100,273[12]
  5. South African Americans: $98,212[12]
  6. Basque Americans: $94,091[12]
  7. Indonesian Americans: $93,501[12]
  8. Pakistani Americans: $87,509[12]
  9. Iranian Americans: $87,288[12]
  10. Lebanese Americans: $87,099[12]
  11. Austrian Americans: $86,499[12]
  12. Russian Americans: $85,989[12]
  13. Lithuanian Americans: $85,812[12]
  14. Chinese Americans: $85,424[12]
  15. Japanese Americans: $85,007[12]
  16. Turkish Americans: $83,375[12]
  17. Swiss Americans: $82,974[12]
  18. Slovene Americans: $82,728[12]
  19. Italian Americans: $82,106[12]
  20. Greek Americans: $82,036[12]
  21. Israeli Americans: $81,901[12]
  22. Romanian Americans: $81,878[12]
  23. Ukrainian Americans: $81,603[12]
  24. Serbian Americans: $81,452[12]
  25. Croatian Americans: $80,683[12]
  26. Slovak Americans: $80,388[12]
  27. Swedish Americans: $80,228[12]
  28. Czech Americans: $80,142[12]
  29. Bulgarian Americans: $80,626[12]
  30. Norwegian Americans: $79,783[12]
  31. Scottish Americans: $79,544[12]
  32. Polish Americans: $79,503[12]
  33. Danish Americans: $79,500[12]
  34. Portuguese Americans: $79,050[12]
  35. Belgian Americans: $78,355[12]
  36. English Americans: $78,078[12]
  37. Welsh Americans: $77,949[12]
  38. Hungarian Americans: $77,611[12]
  39. Finnish Americans: $77,356[12]
  40. Armenian Americans: $77,110[12]
  41. Korean Americans: $76,674[12]
  42. Canadian Americans: $76,665[12]
  43. German Americans: $76,036[12]
  44. French Canadian Americans: $75,949[12]
  45. Irish Americans: $75,583[12]
  46. Hmong Americans: $73,373[12]
  47. Scotch-Irish Americans: $72,745[12]
  48. Vietnamese Americans: $72,161[12]
  49. Albanian Americans: $72,043[12]
  50. Cambodian Americans: $72,038[12]
  51. Spanish Americans: $71,903[12]
  52. French Americans: $71,407[12]
  53. Dutch Americans: $70,872[12]
  54. Ghanaian Americans: $69,021[12]
  55. Nigerian Americans: $68,658[12]
  56. Bangladeshi Americans: $67,944[12]
  57. Guyanese Americans: $67,772[12]
  58. Egyptian Americans: $67,187[12]
  59. Thai Americans: $66,763[12]
  60. Laotian Americans: $66,117[12]
  61. Median White American Household Income: $65,902[12]
  62. West Indian Americans: $65,258[12]
  63. Palestinian Americans: $65,170[12]
  64. Barbadian Americans: $64,588[12]
  65. Nepalese Americans: $63,619[12]
  66. Median American Household Income: $63,179[12]

 

https://africacheck.org/fact-checks/spotchecks/yes-nigerian-americans-do-well-arent-most-successful-ethnic-group-us

 

 

  • Hydration 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This whole MTG fiasco, goobers have figured out that without Q nuts and DJT cult members they really have no chance to win anything ever again.

As awful as Trump is and was, he got 2nd most votes in the U.S election history, so let that sink in.

In a two horse race, that was bound to happen.  It's like the 13 Cups the Leafs got in the "Original Six" league.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The left-wing biased media.  About that.  Fair and balanced.

 

 

balanced10i2dgo87wf61.jpg

Expanding health care access is a far-left priority. Thanks Fox for spelling it out so clearly!

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Immigrants from Asia, Africa, Europe etc are outperforming natives in the U.S by a huge margin. Not only in terms of income but also education.

 

  1. Indian Americans: $135,816[12]
  2. Taiwanese Americans: $102,405[12]
  3. Australian Americans: $100,856[12]
  4. Filipino Americans: $100,273[12]
  5. South African Americans: $98,212[12]
  6. Basque Americans: $94,091[12]
  7. Indonesian Americans: $93,501[12]
  8. Pakistani Americans: $87,509[12]
  9. Iranian Americans: $87,288[12]
  10. Lebanese Americans: $87,099[12]
  11. Austrian Americans: $86,499[12]
  12. Russian Americans: $85,989[12]
  13. Lithuanian Americans: $85,812[12]
  14. Chinese Americans: $85,424[12]
  15. Japanese Americans: $85,007[12]
  16. Turkish Americans: $83,375[12]
  17. Swiss Americans: $82,974[12]
  18. Slovene Americans: $82,728[12]
  19. Italian Americans: $82,106[12]
  20. Greek Americans: $82,036[12]
  21. Israeli Americans: $81,901[12]
  22. Romanian Americans: $81,878[12]
  23. Ukrainian Americans: $81,603[12]
  24. Serbian Americans: $81,452[12]
  25. Croatian Americans: $80,683[12]
  26. Slovak Americans: $80,388[12]
  27. Swedish Americans: $80,228[12]
  28. Czech Americans: $80,142[12]
  29. Bulgarian Americans: $80,626[12]
  30. Norwegian Americans: $79,783[12]
  31. Scottish Americans: $79,544[12]
  32. Polish Americans: $79,503[12]
  33. Danish Americans: $79,500[12]
  34. Portuguese Americans: $79,050[12]
  35. Belgian Americans: $78,355[12]
  36. English Americans: $78,078[12]
  37. Welsh Americans: $77,949[12]
  38. Hungarian Americans: $77,611[12]
  39. Finnish Americans: $77,356[12]
  40. Armenian Americans: $77,110[12]
  41. Korean Americans: $76,674[12]
  42. Canadian Americans: $76,665[12]
  43. German Americans: $76,036[12]
  44. French Canadian Americans: $75,949[12]
  45. Irish Americans: $75,583[12]
  46. Hmong Americans: $73,373[12]
  47. Scotch-Irish Americans: $72,745[12]
  48. Vietnamese Americans: $72,161[12]
  49. Albanian Americans: $72,043[12]
  50. Cambodian Americans: $72,038[12]
  51. Spanish Americans: $71,903[12]
  52. French Americans: $71,407[12]
  53. Dutch Americans: $70,872[12]
  54. Ghanaian Americans: $69,021[12]
  55. Nigerian Americans: $68,658[12]
  56. Bangladeshi Americans: $67,944[12]
  57. Guyanese Americans: $67,772[12]
  58. Egyptian Americans: $67,187[12]
  59. Thai Americans: $66,763[12]
  60. Laotian Americans: $66,117[12]
  61. Median White American Household Income: $65,902[12]
  62. West Indian Americans: $65,258[12]
  63. Palestinian Americans: $65,170[12]
  64. Barbadian Americans: $64,588[12]
  65. Nepalese Americans: $63,619[12]
  66. Median American Household Income: $63,179[12]

 

https://africacheck.org/fact-checks/spotchecks/yes-nigerian-americans-do-well-arent-most-successful-ethnic-group-us

 

 

I think these statistics are showing a few things:

 

Anyone who immigrates to another country is by nature already a motivated individual.  

Most immigrants who enter the US by virtue of a Green Card are already highly educated, successful people (likely from wealthy families in whichever country they originate from) with a high paying job upon arrival.  

 

The point being that the US system can be beneficial to a small minority of intelligent, hardworking people born with a silver spoon in their mouths who turn up aces their entire lives.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This whole MTG fiasco, goobers have figured out that without Q nuts and DJT cult members they really have no chance to win anything ever again.

As awful as Trump is and was, he got 2nd most votes in the U.S election history, so let that sink in.

 

With so many unregistering as Republicans and stopping their donations to the party.

What we are going to see is GOP sticking with Trump and his bull$&!#.

Hold the line!

Bill Maher Blasts Religion for Capitol Riots: ‘Trumpism is a Christian nationalist movement’

HBO “Real Time” host Bill Maher blasted QAnon and Christianity on his Friday evening show.

Bill Maher dove headfirst into ripping Trump supporters who are evangelical Christians on the latest episode of HBO’s “Real Time.”

During his weekly “New Rules” segment, Maher eviscerated Christians and the Book of Revelations, which he argued was just as unhinged as the conspiracy theories spread by QAnon. Maher also said Trump-supporting conservatives who are still convinced the 2020 election was rigged in favor of President Biden are part of a “mass delusion.”

“New rule, as long as we’re going to go through the trouble of another impeachment trial, we might as well be honest about what it’s really about. The events of January 6th were a faith-based initiative,” Maher said. “And Trumpism is a Christian nationalist movement that believes Trump was literally sent from heaven to save them.”

“It’s fun to laugh at QAnon with the baby-eating lizard people and the pedophile pizza parlors, but have you ever read the Book of Revelations?” he asked.

He then went on to describe how the world ends in the Book of Revelations, “but space lasers from Jews?”

“Please, magical religious thinking is a virus and QAnon is just it’s current mutation,” he argued. “That’s why megachurches plan QAnon videos, it’s the same basic plot: Q is a prophet, Trump is the messiah, there’s an apocalyptic event looming — the storm — there’s a titanic struggle of good vs. evil and if you want good to win, just keep those checks coming in.”

“We need to stop pretending there’s no way we’ll ever understand why the Trump mob believes in him, it’s because they’re religious. They’ve already made space in their heads for sh*t that doesn’t makes sense,” he continued.

“It’s not a coincidence that every senator for objected to certifying the Electoral Vote in Arizona is an Evangelical Christian,” he said.

 

Interesting take.
I don’t want to judge anyone’s personal beliefs but this is why religion and politics don’t mix.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Bill Maher Blasts Religion for Capitol Riots: ‘Trumpism is a Christian nationalist movement’

HBO “Real Time” host Bill Maher blasted QAnon and Christianity on his Friday evening show.

Bill Maher dove headfirst into ripping Trump supporters who are evangelical Christians on the latest episode of HBO’s “Real Time.”

During his weekly “New Rules” segment, Maher eviscerated Christians and the Book of Revelations, which he argued was just as unhinged as the conspiracy theories spread by QAnon. Maher also said Trump-supporting conservatives who are still convinced the 2020 election was rigged in favor of President Biden are part of a “mass delusion.”

“New rule, as long as we’re going to go through the trouble of another impeachment trial, we might as well be honest about what it’s really about. The events of January 6th were a faith-based initiative,” Maher said. “And Trumpism is a Christian nationalist movement that believes Trump was literally sent from heaven to save them.”

“It’s fun to laugh at QAnon with the baby-eating lizard people and the pedophile pizza parlors, but have you ever read the Book of Revelations?” he asked.

He then went on to describe how the world ends in the Book of Revelations, “but space lasers from Jews?”

“Please, magical religious thinking is a virus and QAnon is just it’s current mutation,” he argued. “That’s why megachurches plan QAnon videos, it’s the same basic plot: Q is a prophet, Trump is the messiah, there’s an apocalyptic event looming — the storm — there’s a titanic struggle of good vs. evil and if you want good to win, just keep those checks coming in.”

“We need to stop pretending there’s no way we’ll ever understand why the Trump mob believes in him, it’s because they’re religious. They’ve already made space in their heads for sh*t that doesn’t makes sense,” he continued.

“It’s not a coincidence that every senator for objected to certifying the Electoral Vote in Arizona is an Evangelical Christian,” he said.

 

Interesting take.
I don’t want to judge anyone’s personal beliefs but this is why religion and politics don’t mix.

Here is a link (obviously because of NSFW language) to the segment from the Real Time YouTube channel:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTbtqOJA08

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Both use cheap dye. Rudy's just happened to run down his race

 would that be his nationalist self-entitled rich white race?


edit: just playing off your typo. 
 

cheers 

 

c

 

 

Edited by Canorth
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coda said:

I think these statistics are showing a few things:

 

Anyone who immigrates to another country is by nature already a motivated individual.  

Most immigrants who enter the US by virtue of a Green Card are already highly educated, successful people (likely from wealthy families in whichever country they originate from) with a high paying job upon arrival.  

 

The point being that the US system can be beneficial to a small minority of intelligent, hardworking people born with a silver spoon in their mouths who turn up aces their entire lives.  

That is true but also some on this list that have immigrated to the U.S like the Vietnamese, Hmong, Albanians, Croats, Cambodians etc. are for the most part war refugees. As someone who went through that process to get to the U.S, they did not ask us about our educational background. Mostly about the war and such things.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Bill Maher Blasts Religion for Capitol Riots: ‘Trumpism is a Christian nationalist movement’

HBO “Real Time” host Bill Maher blasted QAnon and Christianity on his Friday evening show.

Bill Maher dove headfirst into ripping Trump supporters who are evangelical Christians on the latest episode of HBO’s “Real Time.”

During his weekly “New Rules” segment, Maher eviscerated Christians and the Book of Revelations, which he argued was just as unhinged as the conspiracy theories spread by QAnon. Maher also said Trump-supporting conservatives who are still convinced the 2020 election was rigged in favor of President Biden are part of a “mass delusion.”

“New rule, as long as we’re going to go through the trouble of another impeachment trial, we might as well be honest about what it’s really about. The events of January 6th were a faith-based initiative,” Maher said. “And Trumpism is a Christian nationalist movement that believes Trump was literally sent from heaven to save them.”

“It’s fun to laugh at QAnon with the baby-eating lizard people and the pedophile pizza parlors, but have you ever read the Book of Revelations?” he asked.

He then went on to describe how the world ends in the Book of Revelations, “but space lasers from Jews?”

“Please, magical religious thinking is a virus and QAnon is just it’s current mutation,” he argued. “That’s why megachurches plan QAnon videos, it’s the same basic plot: Q is a prophet, Trump is the messiah, there’s an apocalyptic event looming — the storm — there’s a titanic struggle of good vs. evil and if you want good to win, just keep those checks coming in.”

“We need to stop pretending there’s no way we’ll ever understand why the Trump mob believes in him, it’s because they’re religious. They’ve already made space in their heads for sh*t that doesn’t makes sense,” he continued.

“It’s not a coincidence that every senator for objected to certifying the Electoral Vote in Arizona is an Evangelical Christian,” he said.

 

Interesting take.
I don’t want to judge anyone’s personal beliefs but this is why religion and politics don’t mix.

Hang on I just saw the four horsemen of the apocalypse ride by.

Stupidity/trump was riding a red horse.

Imbecility/MGT was riding a black horse.

Moronic/Giuliani was riding a white horse and idiotic/McConnell was riding a pale horse.

 

I will judge people's personal beliefs when those beliefs impact others in a negative manner,as so often happens with people who hold strong religious beliefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Religion is to blame for much of the world's issues. I have no issue belittling someone's beliefs. A belief can be wrong or demonstrably foolish/gullible.  Like my belief one day I'll finally hook up with Ana Kendrick. 

Anne Hathaway > Anna Kendrick

 

Prove me wrong.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, coho8888 said:

Anne Hathaway > Anna Kendrick

 

Prove me wrong.

Anna Kendrick has a wicked sense of humor while Anne Hathaway was pretty meh as Catwoman and comes off a pretentious piece of work. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...