The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

15 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Now I think Pelosi should’ve retired long ago, but over on Faux News:

:lol:

Pelosi is still the best for this job, no doubt about it. Incredibly how much energy she still has, despite of her age. Johnson claiming that Pelosi was the mastermind behind the plot is disgusting.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, gurn said:

She can't be a daughter, from his "relationship" with his cousin, can she?

Which would make her a 3rd cousin.... and... his daughter?

Regardless.... as attractive as this young lady is.... I have on good word she was born with 10 big toes on her hands instead of fingers. That said,  I would encourage anyone with ideas of procreation with an immediate family member, or a once removed close blood relative, to please reconsider. The immediate benefit’s, of such an inappropriate familial encounter will probably not outweigh the consequences..:

Disclaimer:  it is important to know that I was not able to independently verify the number of toes on her hands. I may have heard somewhere, or, I very well could have just pulled it out of my a**... who really knows, at this point???  The important thing to remember, is... if you hear something, have a stupid thought, or just want attention the strongest action you can do is come forward, with force, and present it as absolute fact. 

That said... the point is... if possible to relay effectively... please just try to not f*ck your own cousin. As hard as that may be, sometimes... that act alone should eliminate any doubt. Just please don’t do it.

Cheers, Rudy. Best of Luck with your Billion Dollar law suit.... you human POS...

Edited by Canorth
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Pelosi is still the best for this job, no doubt about it. Incredibly how much energy she still has, despite of her age. Johnson claiming that Pelosi was the mastermind behind the plot is disgusting.

It's the GOP.  Just when you think they couldn't sink any lower - they surprise you.:lol:

3 hours ago, gurn said:

It must be true, after all people have been saying that for a long time; like at least an hour.

Maybe it’ll catch on... if so I’ll take credit

if not... I’ll blame you for inciting defamation 

win win

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, stawns said:

Not once have I ever sang "God keep our land" in the anthem.  I stick with the version I grew up on

You and Gurn are going straight to hell you know :P And I'm coming with you 

Man do you have an idea how much that would upset the right if we took God out of our anthem? Thy sons was bad enough haha

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Kansas City shouts: "I want a recount!" the way things are going.

I just realised I missed a "Scouts shouts" opportunity. Sorry everyone. I'm not on top of my game tonight apparently in my (Ma)home(s).

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I just realised I missed a "Scouts shouts" opportunity. Sorry everyone. I'm not on top of my game tonight apparently in my (Ma)home(s).

Winfield says ✌

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, spur1 said:

The Trumpers needed a soother to calm to frig down. 

Until you see real wage growth,universal healthcare and a general belief amongst the population that their elected officials are governing for them not the corporate interests that helped get them elected not much is gonna change.

• Hydration 1
11 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Until you see real wage growth,universal healthcare and a general belief amongst the population that their elected officials are governing for them not the corporate interests that helped get them elected not much is gonna change.

The problem is that the right keeps blaming those on the left and visa versa. When in truth they are both fighting the same thing. 
The rich against the poor and income inequality. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
22 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I couldn’t agree more and very, very well-said. Or as Archie Bunker used to say, “That’s some really good thinking right there. I think that that’s the kind of thinking I could have thought of if I would have thought about it.” 

Are you able to think of any countries that are even moderately successful at governing without religious influence? 

Thanks.

I can't really think of any countries of substance that have been even moderately successful at governing without at least some religious influence, but that's also why I didn't want to go with an absolute statement.

22 hours ago, Ilunga said:

How do you rule the rulers ?

Tell them there is a god/afterlife and you have connections.

Or as ruler, they claim a mandate of the heavens.  Of course, that facade more or less started its end with people becoming better educated and the advent of the Scientific Method.

• Hydration 1