The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Well said.

I was critical of Trump for assassinating Soleimani, but the more I dug into it, the more it was revealed that Pompeo was the guy who pushed for it. My guess is that Trump had little (if any) idea who he was....

He probably thought it was a guy that owned Persian rug store on UES.

• Hydration 2
16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The west has effed with the Arabian tribes ever since the crusades then in modern times they used them in WW1 then sold them out with the sykes- picot agreement.

Since the 70's it has basically been a testing ground for the military industrial complex.

If Standard Oil didn’t discover oil back in 1930s and formed Aramco with Saudis.

No one would care about Arabs living in that area, same goes for Bahrain, Qatar, UAE etc.

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

If Standard Oil didn’t discover oil back in 1930s and formed Aramco with Saudis.

No one would care about Arabs living in that area, same goes for Bahrain, Qatar, UAE etc.

The middle east also comprises Israel the so called holy land.

That belief has caused so much grief and BS to this day.

If one believes a god spoke to an old Semite in the wilderness promising him he would find a home for his homeless people there,then I got some prime swampland to sell them.

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The middle east also comprises Israel the so called holy land.

That belief has caused so much grief and BS to this day.

If one believes a god spoke to an old Semite in the wilderness promising him he would find a home for his homeless people there,then I got some prime swampland to sell them.

I think Jesse Helms referred to Israel as largest US airplane carrier.

Relationship between U.S and Israel only grew stronger as Arabs were turning to Soviet Union.

Later it became influenced by Jewish lobby in the U.S and religious views on Israel.

Lot of towns in the 20th century were so called sundown towns where Jews were not allowed.

Even in Florida so many country clubs do not accept Jews as members even recently.

Klan hated Jews as much as they hated blacks and Catholics.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I think Jesse Helms referred to Israel as largest US airplane carrier.

Relationship between U.S and Israel only grew stronger as Arabs were turning to Soviet Union.

Later it became influenced by Jewish lobby in the U.S and religious views on Israel.

Lot of towns in the 20th century were so called sundown towns where Jews were not allowed.

Even in Florida so many country clubs do not accept Jews as members even recently.

Klan hated Jews as much as they hated blacks and Catholics.

The Israel lobby controls Washington,both Democrat and repub, as much as any other institution and that is because of the religious beliefs of those politicians constituents on one side and monetary considerations on the other.

Here in Aus they have a very strong influence amongst our politicians.

Much of the reason Israelis have been hated is their belief they are chosen by a god and they hold themselves apart.

One prime example that is revalant to this thread is Ivanka had to convert to marry Jared.

I do admire the fact that they got sick of being the persecuted homeless people however the way they have gone about this regarding the Palestinian's smacks of the treatment they received for the better part of 2 millennia.

9 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Jeebus 

I just saw a photo of Kimberly Guilfoyle speaking at duechepac.

Man she looks like the wicked witch of the west.

I mean seriously.

Don’t be insulting the west now. 
Seems to me Florida is south east. 

• Haha 2

Something...Something...Unity.

The only real unity is party over country.  One party is actually trying to get help to the people, the other is praying to a golden idol.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/02/27/all-you-need-know-here-are-210-house-republicans-and-two-democrats-who-voted-deny#

'All You Need to Know': Here Are the 210 House Republicans—and Two Democrats—Who Voted to Deny Struggling Nation Covid-19 Relief

"When we voted to raise the minimum wage this morning," said Democratic Congressman Bill Pascrell, Jr., "every single Republican (210-of-210) voted no."

• Thanks 4
18 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Something...Something...Unity.

The only real unity is party over country.  One party is actually trying to get help to the people, the other is praying to a golden idol.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/02/27/all-you-need-know-here-are-210-house-republicans-and-two-democrats-who-voted-deny#

'All You Need to Know': Here Are the 210 House Republicans—and Two Democrats—Who Voted to Deny Struggling Nation Covid-19 Relief

"When we voted to raise the minimum wage this morning," said Democratic Congressman Bill Pascrell, Jr., "every single Republican (210-of-210) voted no."

Republicans (and two Democrats) continue to pretend they represent the rights of hard working Americans. Apparently many aren’t working hard enough to deserve $15/hr.

If Rob Walton, a key owner of Walmart, can afford an estimated $226 million for an antique car collection that includes 12 Ferraris, 6 Porsches, 2 Maseratis and a 1963 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster, you know what? Walmart can afford to pay at least $15/hour to all of its workers.

• Hydration 1

Drumpf fans are so brainwashed and deep in the cult they wouldn’t accept he lost even Drumpf himself admitted he lost and accepted the fact Biden is President. 

2 hours ago, gurn said:

So a religious, racist? When I was young I would have thought that impossible.

Iirc correctly the main religious texts talk a lot about loving your fellow man, treating others as you'd like to be treated and so on.....:unsure:

It also says how to treat your slaves so it loses any moral high ground. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1