The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I too didn't kill innocent people.

Praise me

So refreshing on here to see criticism of policies/media coverage/announcements etc of Biden. This is how politics should work. Would be nice to see the right act like this and flush their stupid idolatry of one man.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, gurn said:

Noble Prize? :lol:

I'm thinking Michigan's Man of the Year....

....start small....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/gop-groups-quiet-as-donor-accused-of-running-biggest-tax-fraud-scheme-ever.html

GOP groups quiet as billionaire donor stands accused of running biggest tax fraud scheme ever

• The billionaire accused of running the biggest tax fraud scheme in U.S. history was a prolific donor to Republican groups and causes.
  • The leaders of those organizations have kept quiet on the accusations against him.
  • Robert Brockman, the former CEO of Ohio-based software company Reynolds & Reynolds, was charged in October for running a $2 billion tax fraud scheme.
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I too didn't kill innocent people.

Praise me

Why do I get the feeling that this is a ruse by Biden's administration to make him seem like a kindler, gentler infidel?

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Has anyone ever actually seen a picture of this Q dude?

Some people suspect that Q is actually Jim Watkins. Others suspect that it is in fact Bigfoot.:bigblush:

• Many have pointed fingers at Jim Watkins, the owner of fringe forum 8kun, as the potential voice behind 'Q,' the anonymous figure whose "Q drops" on the online message board inspired the QAnon conspiracy theory. 
  • But experts say QAnon adherents would not bat an eye if they learned that 'Q' was not Trump or a deep-state insider — a core aspect of the QAnon conspiracy theory.
  • Hydration 1
58 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I couldn’t agree more with AOC’s tweet.

141E4849-745F-438D-B9CE-905DFA11F799.png

Damn Right.

The next couple of years will illustrate if we go back to politics like usual pre trump,or politicians that genuinely care for the rapidly shrinking middle-class and even more importantly those at the bottom of the wealth pyramid,which is basically an inverted pyramid.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

What really pisses me off is the United States adminstration attitude towards Saudi Arabia and in particular MBS,while at the same time demonizing Iran.

15 of the 19 terrorist's involved in the 9/11 bombing were Saudis,their war crimes in Yemen which has led to the largest humanitarian crisis on the planet.

The treatment of women in their society.

But hey we sell them weapons so let's just posture a bit.

They're as bad as China, and the US is in a position to actually do something about it and put some pressure on them.  Stop selling weapons and start using weapons on MBS.

• Hydration 2
4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Damn Right.

The next couple of years will illustrate if we go back to politics like usual pre trump,or politicians that genuinely care for the rapidly shrinking middle-class and even more importantly those at the bottom of the wealth pyramid,which is basically an inverted pyramid.

People getting pissed off with political games and nothing getting accomplished is why they gamble on snake oil salesmen and grifters. If the dems don’t get this right it’ll be back to Trump or even scarier, someone as bad but smarter. I’m not overly confident in the dems at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

They're as bad as China, and the US is in a position to actually do something about it and put some pressure on them.  Stop selling weapons and start using weapons on MBS.

This relationship originates from the time FDR secretly met King abdul aziz ibn saud in 1945.

Apparently he was trying to convince the king to accept 10.000 Israelis in Palestine which went against his promise to Churchill that he would not interfere because GB controlled Palestine.

He also wanted to obtain access to Saudi oil for America.

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

People getting pissed off with political games and nothing getting accomplished is why they gamble on snake oil salesmen and grifters. If the dems don’t get this right it’ll be back to Trump or even scarier, someone as bad but smarter. I’m not overly confident in the dems at the moment.

The good politicians get disillusioned and get out.

I was reading just before last year's election that AOC was pissed and thinking of not running.

To quote her 

"I genuinely don't know.I don't even know if I want to be in politics".

• Hydration 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/new-york-lawmakers-move-to-strip-cuomo-of-emergency-covid-powers.html

New York lawmakers strip Gov. Cuomo of emergency Covid powers as sexual harassment, death data scandals roil state

• New York state lawmakers on Friday approved a bill that would strip embattled Gov. Andrew Cuomo of temporary emergency powers he was granted last year to deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
  • The state Assembly passed the bill by a margin of 107-43, hours after the Senate approved the legislation in a 43-30 vote.
  • The Democratic governor suggested earlier this week that he will sign the bill.
1 hour ago, canuckster19 said:

LOL that the dem koolaid drinkers on here thought anything was going to change, same s different colour.

What's your problem mate ?

While I hold some of the current batch of democratic politicians in contempt,none of them comes close to being as bad as the lying,narcistic POS that trump was,is and always will be.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

What's your problem mate ?

While I hold some of the current batch of democratic politicians in contempt,none of them comes close to being as bad as the lying,narcistic POS that trump was,is and always will be.

Why is personality more important than policy? Seems like a red herring deflection. If that's the case than this thread might as well be closed if people aren't actually going to talk politics and just piss on whoever because they don't like them.

Should I find one of the millions of quotes when people in this thread try to call out Trump supporters when he did some dumb s---? People who created the unwritten rules of this thread need to live by them and not whine when it gets thrown in their faces.

If I have a problem it's because I knew this would happen, I said it would happen and people on their high horse with rose smelling manure didn't want to hear it. Now here's the truth plain as day and people have their heads in the sand, and say things like ah, at least he's not Trump, what a weak a-- crutch of an excuse.

The funny part is, people will think I'm a Trump supporter for saying this because their world is so black and white, zebras everywhere.

Edited by canuckster19