The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

I think that guy that talked about Jesus never condeming slavery should be put into unpaid work in my yard.

I'm good to go right, cause Jesus don't care.

Can i have him once a week? Got dog and pig poop that needs to be picked up

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, gurn said:

I think that guy that talked about Jesus never condeming slavery should be put into unpaid work in my yard.

I'm good to go right, cause Jesus don't care.

21 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Can i have him once a week? Got dog and pig poop that needs to be picked up

My back yard is separated into an upper and a lower area, separated by a low retaining wall. The upper area is designated as the dog's area and people are warned that they walk there at their own risk....

...I think this is where I'd put him to work...

• Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

My back yard is separated into an upper and a lower area, separated by a low retaining wall. The upper area is designated as the dog's area and people are warned that they walk there at their own risk....

...I think this is where I'd put him to work...

I guess that you never took first year plumbing. :ph34r:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, spur1 said:

I guess that you never took first year plumbing. :ph34r:

That's what the retaining wall is for....retaining....

EDIT: besides, the upper level slopes toward the neighbors yard.....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

BTW: I like JB, but I wish he'd stop calling things like voter suppression and racism, "Un-American".....

....They're about as "American" as it gets....

It's just like calling mass shootings "unimaginable". Really? From what I can see, they're all too "imaginable". What's unimaginable is the nations unwillingness to do anything about it....

Joe is a career politician that says it all.

Apart from his leadership re Covid,

vaccine distribution,what has actually changed for the average American.

Republican states are attacking voter rights. According to his local police chief and friend a good christian white guy has a bad day and massacres Asian amercians.

Apart from the Covid relief package there seems to be no real policies in the pipeline to help Americans,just more of the same crap,politicians squabbling with politicians and the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer.

But hey Harry and Meghan

lol...GOP:  “The good ole days — back when we made our OWN meth.”

Back when Mr PillowGuy (Dotard's special advisor) aka ex-Meth addict could be assured the meth he took was "Made in America"! :lol:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Back when Mr PillowGuy (Dotard's special advisor) aka ex-Meth addict could be assured the meth he took was "Made in America"! :lol:

What the actual f***?

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

free range Montana meth, as god intended. 

No GMO, fair trade meth.  Just like meemaw used to cook

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

free range Montana meth, as god intended. 

Leave it to Democrats and their taxes to drive businesses out of the country. Makes you miss the good ole days and simpler times.

BDEC4BAF-3BD4-4A13-9D22-569B70775EA6.jpeg

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

Leave it to Democrats and their taxes to drive businesses out of the country. Makes you miss the good ole days and simpler times.

BDEC4BAF-3BD4-4A13-9D22-569B70775EA6.jpeg

I’ll say it again what is this again myth?

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Funny Stuff.  

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

But...but...law and order. Not to mention how are they going to fulfill their contracts for license plates etc. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Some truth from a US politician: 

N.Y. congressman: Border crisis due to decades of bad U.S. behavior

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/28/bowman-border-migrants-central-america-478257

Rep. Jamaal Bowman said Sunday that the United States is indeed responsible for the surge at migrants at the southern border but that it's certainly nothing specific to the Biden administration.

Speaking on CNN's "Inside Politics," the first-term New York Democrat said the United States had caused decades of political instability and that periodic waves of migrants are a side effect of that behavior. And Bowman was sympathetic to those coming to the U.S. from El Salvador, Honduras and other Central American nations.

“We have disrupted the political, social, and economic systems in Central America for over a century, because of our personal capitalist interests," he told host Abby Phillip. "Because of that disruption, that’s why we see a rise in crime and the rise of dysfunction and that’s why people are coming here. The least we can do is offer them asylum."

Bowman also argued that the solution to immigration problems goes far beyond dealing with the people who arrive at the border seeking entry into the United States.

"The best we can do is implement a 21st century Marshall Plan and help to rebuild Central America in the same ways that we have destroyed it," he said, referring to the 1940s plan that rebuilt large parts of Europe after World War II. "We wanted their land and their natural resources, and we were engaged in coup d’etats and other behaviors in those areas in order to do so. Now we have to right our wrongs.”

Republicans have blamed the surge on migrants on the rhetoric and policies of President Joe Biden, which they claim have encouraged people to attempt to gain entry into the United States. Republican Sens. Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Ted Cruz (Texas) and Lindsey Graham (South Carolina) were among those appearing on Sunday morning TV shows making that argument.

"There is an open border policy," Sullivan said on ABC's "This Week." "There is a catch-and-release policy. And these were changes that the Biden administration instituted. And here's the thing, they were warned."

Sullivan urged Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to visit the border and see the situation firsthand.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Republican Sens. Dan Sullivan (Alaska),

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)

Isn't the Mexican border a good distance away from both those states?

Like about 5,000 kilcks in Alaska's case and around 2,500 for S. Carolina.