The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

13 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Just goes to show how bad the new legislation is. 

IF giving stuff to people in a line to vote is bad, maybe open up more polling stations so there isn't a long enough line to have to worry about that.  Nope, lets just keep the long lines.  Maybe even make them even longer by closing polling stations.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/poll-closures-voter-suppression-us-election-2020-b1462431.html

• Vintage 2

It's going to be a bit tricky for MLB to find a state where Republicans aren't trying to enact the same sort of voter suppression laws that Georgia did....from what I read, there are such proposals in 43 state legislative bodies....

Going back over the list of host cities, I'd nominate Baltimore, Chicago or Denver....

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

awesome use of it

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

Yeah. Stunning. 

36 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Just goes to show how bad the new legislation is. 

QFT....

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The mayor of Baltimore agrees.

mayoroiasdufaeoihnasdofknadf.png

Baltimore, the Shining City on the Hill for the last 100 years. 

15 hours ago, Canorth said:

Answer: Trump.... 

What an absolute embarrassment of humanity that this happened. The devastating affects of the previous administration are yet to be determined. 

The US is fckd.

Trump?

Edited by Roger Rabby
8 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

But at least he ain't Trump

“Children in cages” is a serious issue under any administration. Isn’t it amazing that Lyin Ted has had his come to Jesus moment now. Cause we all know that Teddy is all about the children.

• Vintage 1
34 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

“Children in cages” is a serious issue under any administration. Isn’t it amazing that Lyin Ted has had his come to Jesus moment now. Cause we all know that Teddy is all about the children.

Who is Lyin Ted?  I'm familiar with a Cancún Cruz.:P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

He "posted about losing his job and looking for spiritual guidance."

I guess he became impatient and killed a man instead. So close. 

As they say, close enough is only good in horseshoes and grenades.

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Who is Lyin Ted?  I'm familiar with a Cancún Cruz.:P

You’re right. I also got “Teddy is all about the children” wrong. I believe that’s Matt Gaetz....

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Lots of Republicans losing it after MLB took the All-Star game away from Atlanta, including the two biggest snowflakes of all:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-and-carlson-lead-backlash-as-mlb-pulls-all-star-game-from-georgia/ar-BB1fgn0O?li=AAggFp5

Donald Trump and Tucker Carlson led rightwing backlash after Major League Baseball said it would not play its All-Star game in Georgia because of a new law that restricts voting rights in the state.

The former president and the Fox News host some say is his Republican political heir thereby ranged themselves against current president Joe Biden and the Democrat he served as vice-president, Barack Obama.

“Baseball is already losing tremendous numbers of fans,” Trump said in a statement, “and now they leave Atlanta with their All-Star Game because they are afraid of the radical left Democrats.

“… Boycott baseball and all of the woke companies that are interfering with free and fair elections. Are you listening Coke, Delta and all?”

Coke and Delta are among companies which have expressed concern over the Georgia law, which restricts early and mail-in voting, measures seen to target minority voters likely to back Democrats.

In the (so-called) minds of Republicans, you should be allowed to suppress the minority vote with zero repercussions, I suppose....:rolleyes:

I also have to SMH at the irony of the clowns who whinge about "cancel culture" all the time, are calling for a boycott of MLB, Delta and Coke....What happened to "freedom of speech" and "free market", boys? These are private companies making a business decision....

I guess Bone Spurs is now regretting those half million or so Diet Cokes he drank in the Oval....

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lots of Republicans losing it after MLB took the All-Star game away from Atlanta, including the two biggest snowflakes of all:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/trump-and-carlson-lead-backlash-as-mlb-pulls-all-star-game-from-georgia/ar-BB1fgn0O?li=AAggFp5

In the (so-called) minds of Republicans, you should be allowed to suppress the minority vote with zero repercussions, I suppose....:rolleyes:

I also have to SMH at the irony of the clowns who whinge about "cancel culture" all the time, are calling for a boycott of MLB, Delta and Coke....What happened to "freedom of speech" and "free market", boys? These are private companies making a business decision....

I guess Bone Spurs is now regretting those half million or so Diet Cokes he drank in the Oval....

NFL, NBA, NASCAR, MLB... good loyal Republicans are running out of sports to watch. This is getting funny.

• Hydration 2
10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

NFL, NBA, NASCAR, MLB... good loyal Republicans are running out of sports to watch. This is getting funny.

They'll always have Tractor Pulls and Bass Fishing.....

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

It's only 'cancel culture' if it involves the left.....right.:P

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2