The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

Apparently verifying information and reading fine print is not a strong suit, and taken advantage of by Team TRUMP.  

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-reportedly-duped-supporters-donors-recurring-donations-2021-4?utm_source=reddit.com

The Trump campaign reportedly cheated donors who thought they were making a one-time contribution, collecting recurring donations

• The Trump 2020 campaign reportedly duped supporters into making recurring donations without their consent.
  • Donors, including cancer patients, who intended to make a one-time contribution ended up making more.
  • According to the New York Times, donations were automatically set to repeat when supporters got to the final stages of contributing.
  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

I thought some one might have brought this up for some balance in this thread.

Joe Biden has been repeatedly lieing about the voter suppression laws in Georgia.

He claims that new Georgia law "ends voter hours early so working people can't cast their votes after their shift is over.

The Washington Post's fact checker Glenn Kessler has given this claim "four Pinnochios" which is the worst rating on his scale and is reserved for "whoppers".

We all called out bone spurs for his BS,I believe Biden should be held to the same or even higher standard.

As I have stated before all politicians and governments lie.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/joe-biden-repeatedly-tells-same-lie-about-new-election-laws/news-story/7286fa7ebfd2e7ef9251e018bfa93e8a

Edit.

I am not sure what I did however I seem to have copied the link.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Joe Biden has been repeatedly lieing about the voter suppression laws in Georgia.

He claims that new Georgia law "ends voter hours early so working people can't cast their votes after their shift is over.

The Washington Post's fact checker Glenn Kessler has given this claim "four Pinnochios" which is the worst rating on his scale and is reserved for "whoppers".

We all called out bone spurs for his BS,I believe Biden should be held to the same or even higher standard.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/joe-biden-repeatedly-tells-same-lie-about-new-election-laws/news-story/7286fa7ebfd2e7ef9251e018bfa93e8a

Edit.

Scrolling through this thread for a few years I can see Trump's false claims are discussed till the cows come home.

12 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Edit.

it sounds a little more nuanced - there seems to be the ability for individual counties to set early closing times but it sounds thats not necessarily going to be the norm: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/30/biden-falsely-claims-new-georgia-law-ends-voting-hours-early/

But really, the GOP gerrymandering has been pretty bad over the years, not sure its defensible. 

Thats why Biden's claims have power, they are very believable given the GOPs history. He's making it sound like all voting is effected when its apparently early voting restrictions. 

• Vintage 1
13 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Apparently verifying information and reading fine print is not a strong suit, and taken advantage of by Team TRUMP.  

and they'd still vote for him. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

and they'd still vote for him. 

Some will sure, but not everyone with this. I really think that the more stuff like this happens, the less people would actually vote for Trump in the end. It's not fun getting scammed and people don't take kindly to it when they start to actually realise it. The hard part is actually realising it.

• Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Some will sure, but not everyone with this. I really think that the more stuff like this happens, the less people would actually vote for Trump in the end. It's not fun getting scammed and people don't take kindly to it when they start to actually realise it. The hard part is actually realising it.

you're thinking like a Canadian. In the US people are far more locked into voting patterns. I'd bet 99% of the people scammed would still mark an X on a ballot for him tomorrow. 

• Vintage 2
22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're thinking like a Canadian. In the US people are far more locked into voting patterns. I'd bet 99% of the people scammed would still mark an X on a ballot for him tomorrow. 

I would be happy if they just stayed home

• Hydration 2
5 hours ago, Roger Rabby said:

Scrolling through this thread for a few years I can see Trump's false claims are discussed till the cows come home.

I'll bite.  

If you can provide a tally of Biden lies/false claims since he has been in office (less than a 100 days BTW) that even approaches 21 a day, I'd love to see it.  Why 21 a day you may ask?  Because that is the tally of false/misleading statements that TRUMP made during his presidency.  The average was actually 20.94 if you want to be precise.  That is over 30,000 over the course of his term.  I somehow feel that Biden, who will and has made false/misleading statements, won't get to that number.

See that, we can actually admit that Biden can lie.  Than Biden can make mistakes.  That policy decisions made by Biden are poor/bad/wrong.  Scrolling through this thread for years, you can probably see that TRUMP supporters rarely, if ever, did the same.   That is the difference.

Oh, and BTW we can actually provide sources to back up our claims.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-lies-false-presidency-b1790285.html

Final tally of lies: Analysts say Trump told 30,000 mistruths – that’s 21 a day – during presidency

Former president made almost 21 untrue statements a day while in office, analysis suggests

• Vintage 2
3 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll bite.  

If you can provide a tally of Biden lies/false claims since he has been in office (less than a 100 days BTW) that even approaches 21 a day, I'd love to see it.  Why 21 a day you may ask?  Because that is the tally of false/misleading statements that TRUMP made during his presidency.  The average was actually 20.94 if you want to be precise.  That is over 30,000 over the course of his term.  I somehow feel that Biden, who will and has made false/misleading statements, won't get to that number.

See that, we can actually admit that Biden can lie.  Than Biden can make mistakes.  That policy decisions made by Biden are poor/bad/wrong.  Scrolling through this thread for years, you can probably see that TRUMP supporters rarely, if ever, did the same.   That is the difference.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-lies-false-presidency-b1790285.html

Final tally of lies: Analysts say Trump told 30,000 mistruths – that’s 21 a day – during presidency

Former president made almost 21 untrue statements a day while in office, analysis suggests

I wouldalso venture a guess that most of us who have run Trump over the coals don't actually like Joe Biden or his policies, he was merely the best of two less than stellar choices and probably the only way Trump was going to be defeated.

• Hydration 2
2 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Welcome back :ph34r:

Thanks?

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll bite.  

Lying is lying. 

11 minutes ago, Roger Rabby said:

Thanks?

Lying is lying. 

And your initial comment was about how TRUMP's false claims are discussed till the cows come home.  I pointed out how the guy made, on average, 21 "lies" a day as to why.  I also pointed out how Biden's lies can and will get discussed.  And that he has been in office for less than 100 days.

Comparing TRUMP to Biden in regards to "lies" is like comparing a fleet of trucks full of oranges to a basket of apples.  They are no where near the same.

Just now, thedestroyerofworlds said:

And your initial comment was about how TRUMP's false claims are discussed till the cows come home.  I pointed out how the guy made, on average, 21 "lies" a day as to why.  I also pointed out how Biden's lies can and will get discussed.  And that he has been in office for less than 100 days.

Comparing TRUMP to Biden in regards to "lies" is like comparing a fleet of trucks full of oranges to a basket of apples.  They are no where near the same.

Trump did lie a lot but it seems Biden is following in his footsteps. I guess the proper comparison would be of the lies by each in the first 100 days?

I feel like you are saying there is a bar for when to criticize lying which is fine I guess. Let's be real Biden probably forgot he said it haha.

21 minutes ago, Roger Rabby said:

Thanks?

Lying is lying. 

Yep. And the reason there is far more discussion on Trump's lying is because he lies far more often than Joe Biden.....or any other politician in recent memory....

• Hydration 1

Oh and I forgot I agree with the last part about Trump supporters. Facebook, Twitter, or whatever Trump supporters were always making excuses for him. For the most part that's politics but with Trump it was far more.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. And the reason there is far more discussion on Trump's lying is because he lies far more often than Joe Biden.....or any other politician in recent memory....

Probably more than any human tbh but I don't think Trump can become the bar otherwise it gives other politicians a free pass.

• Vintage 1