The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

36 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I am straining for credibility.

in politics? let me know when you find the ark. 

36 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander 

One lie follows another which follows another.

As I have stated the truth is damning enough.

the truth is damning, the GOP will suppress votes any way any how. I think by striving to not get your hands dirty you just give them an edge. They are willing to do whatever it takes to hold on to power. We haven't seen their limits yet. 

Do you want credibility, whatever that means for you vs another person, or do you want to see a fair system? because you're going to have to fight the sob's with whatever tools you have to get a fair system in the US.

• Hydration 1
25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

in politics? let me know when you find the ark. 

the truth is damning, the GOP will suppress votes any way any how. I think by striving to not get your hands dirty you just give them an edge. They are willing to do whatever it takes to hold on to power. We haven't seen their limits yet. 

Do you want credibility, whatever that means for you vs another person, or do you want to see a fair system? because you're going to have to fight the sob's with whatever tools you have to get a fair system in the US.

Fair ?

Any one who thinks the US political system has or ever will be fair is totally delusional.

The politicians are middle management.

Did any of the bankers who caused the GFC pay the price for their actions ?

No they were bailed out in many cases still receiving their bonuses.

You can thank Obama and the Dems for that.

It was actions like that and others that set the stage for Trump.

Until we have total honesty no voter will trust any politician,they will settle for the one whose lies suit their beliefs the most.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

&^@# them. 

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

Trump was so full of $&!# that his eyes turned brown.

Every time Trump spoke he hit the brown note. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Fair ?

Any one who thinks the US political system has or ever will be fair is totally delusional.

The politicians are middle management.

Did any of the bankers who caused the GFC pay the price for their actions ?

No they were bailed out in many cases still receiving their bonuses.

You can thank Obama and the Dems for that.

It was actions like that and others that set the stage for Trump.

Until we have total honesty no voter will trust any politician,they will settle for the one whose lies suit their beliefs the most.

Not sure what that means when it comes to politics. We'll always have spin, facts brought in or left out to suit agendas, etc. 

But we can have fair systems, that is something we can demand of them. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Not sure what that means when it comes to politics. We'll always have spin, facts brought in or left out to suit agendas, etc. 

But we can have fair systems, that is something we can demand of them. 

We will always have spin if we tolerate it.

As I have stated before I write to my local member-post paid addressed letters he sends to all his constituents- and call him out on his and his parties BS.

Imagine if all or even over half of his constituents did this.

Regarding the systems in place in our societies,

I believe that a society is judged by how it treats its most vulnerable members.

No modern society I know of treats many of those members with the decency and respect we all deserve.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Hydration 1
  • Burr 1
10 hours ago, Ilunga said:

it doesn't even have to come from a bad place. Being partisan might just mean some people think we should focus on job creation to pull people out of poverty and other people might prefer social programs. Who's right? 

As I have stated before I write to my local member-post paid addressed letters he sends to all his constituents- and call him out on his and his parties BS.

thats a good idea, you've got a good one there. 

I believe that a society is judged by how it treats its most vulnerable members.

No modern society I know of treats many of those members with the decency and respect we all deserve.

has any society? 

13 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Kudos on this!

Unfortunately you are in minority my friend.

In the U.S system is in place where minority rules over the majority.

You mentioned Obama in your other post, and I was disappointed with his 8 years but GOP’s main goal was to block him.

I think turtle the yertl said that he was going to block any and every legislation that comes from Barry.

To millions of Americans the only thing that mattered was his skin color.

In the 80s I was reading an article about English fans, at that time John Barnes played for team England.

They beat Turkey 8:0 and Barnes scored few goals, when asked about it the English fan said “the goal of nig.... doesn’t count”

And that he would rather have a 0:0 without Barnes scoring.

• Hydration 1
20 hours ago, Ilunga said:

As I have stated many times in this thread I have been following American politics for 40 years.

I have been aware of the GOP's voter suppression efforts for 40 years,they are stepping up their game in desperate times.

No where did I say that Biden can be compared to trump for the amount of lies each person has told.

I stated he should be held to the same standard,actually he should be held to a higher standard.

If you have want to have any credibility you will point out Biden's and the Dems failings not just bag out bone spurs.

I award you two “creditability” points for correctly identifying that Biden told a fib. However, I am forced to deduct ten “credibility” points for your superficial stance on the subject that yourself brought up and your inability appreciate the underlying context of it.

oh yeah... minus another two points for the obvious false equivalency...

Current Credibility scores:

Canorth: 0 (according to you)

Ilunga: -10 (according to something I made up in my imagination)

Cheers,

Canorth

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Kudos on this!

You mentioned Obama in your other post, and I was disappointed with his 8 years but GOP’s main goal was to block him.

I think turtle the yertl said that he was going to block any and every legislation that comes from Barry.

In the 80s I was reading an article about English fans, at that time John Barnes played for team England.

They beat Turkey 8:0 and Barnes scored few goals, when asked about it the English fan said “the goal of nig.... doesn’t count”

Obama’s mistake was trying to work with the obstructionists.  Biden, who’s a career politician, won’t make that mistake.  He may be older than dirt but he knows how things work (or do not work) in DC.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
9 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it doesn't even have to come from a bad place. Being partisan might just mean some people think we should focus on job creation to pull people out of poverty and other people might prefer social programs. Who's right? 

thats a good idea, you've got a good one there. 

has any society? 

First nations Americans and Australians came very close.

However all human societies are imperfect because we all share the one common trait,human nature.

5 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Kudos on this!

I remember that English team and John Barnes he also played for liverpool.

Stupid racists,cut off their nose to spite their face.

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

I award you two “creditability” points for correctly identifying that Biden told a fib. However, I am forced to deduct ten “credibility” points for your superficial stance on the subject that yourself brought up and your inability appreciate the underlying context of it.

Cheers,

Canorth

You are entitled to your opinion however it illuminates how this thread has just turned into a let's bash the GOP,which is quite easy to do,rather than a balanced discussion about American politics.

And a lie is a lie is a lie.

• Hydration 1
2 hours ago, Canorth said:

Cheers,

Canorth

Judges GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

I have no problem calling out Biden and the dems on things that I think they get wrong and have already done so regarding the filibuster and minimum wage. Lying will be a little trickier though because Trump put such little effort into crafting a decent lie that it was literally shooting fish in a barrel. Joe will be more nuanced though so it will often be a question if he is outright telling a lie or did he just get it wrong. 

However, this is the essence of the difference between the supporters of each.

901AEB82-2116-4C31-A104-36696270D2CF.jpeg