Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US


Recommended Posts

I won’t bother doing all your work for you but feel free to research this in places other than Charlie Kirk and a series of re-posts.

Here’s an excerpt from Snopes which declares it False.  Mayor Pete is in fact leaving not arriving.

 

We contacted the U.S. Department of Transportation. A spokesperson told us: “He rode his bike to the White House Cabinet meeting and he rode his bike back to DOT after the meeting.”

According to Google Maps, the 6-mile round trip might take around 40 minutes on a bicycle.

The video in question was first posted by CNN journalist DJ Judd, who made no mention of Buttigieg staging the bike ride:

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chesster said:

I hear Biden might allow access to the media to see the facilities soon. That's nice of him. 

Just wanna slip this in before the green parrot gets ya son

 

Ted Cruz spent until late 2020 defending the policy of putting kids in cages but NOW thinks it's an issue

 

How nice of him

 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/391699-cruz-defends-trump-policy-of-family-separation

 

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/22/cruz-cornyn-immigrant-shelter-texas/

 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/06/16/ted-cruz-again-defends-family-separation-as-beto-o-rourke-plans-vigil-at-tornillo-tent-camp/

 

SAN ANTONIO — Sen. Ted Cruz again defended the Trump administration's controversial new policy of separating children from parents at the border, blaming migrants for putting their offspring in jeopardy and insisting that such tragedies also occurred in the Obama era.

"There's no doubt that the images that we've seen of children, and children being separated from their parents, are heartbreaking. They were heartbreaking when Obama was president," Cruz told reporters Saturday after speaking at the Texas Republican convention. "I visited the Obama camps that he set up to detain little boys and little girls who crossed the border illegally. Illegal immigration produces human tragedies that are wrong."

Cruz deflected criticism of the policy but adopted a softer tone than he offered five days earlier when he first weighed in on the controversy, defending family separation, though the message was effectively the same.

"When you see reporters, when you see Democrats saying, 'Don't separate kids from their parents,' what they're really saying is don't arrest illegal aliens," Cruz said Monday.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chesster said:

The Rosie Ruiz of biking to work.

 

so you don't in fact EVER put your bike on the back of your car.  Using the bike rack you bought, then drive somewhere then take said bike off and ride?

 

K.  

 

Thank god you found a minute and a half video with literally zero context to show us the error of our ways

Edited by Warhippy
  • Hydration 2
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chesster said:

What is it lassie?  is biden tripping on some stairs again?  did you find some glaring issue you all of a sudden care about after spending almost 5 years not caring about it and defending it because "party politics"

 

Is timmy down a well?


What is it boy?

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today’s GOP with Boebert, Cruz, Trump, Hawley, Gaetz, Green is not your granddaddy’s party of Lincoln, Eisenhower etc.

The only language they understand is strong arm tactics.

After 4 years of Trump, there is no more playing nice, win at any cost.

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Today’s GOP with Boebert, Cruz, Trump, Hawley, Gaetz, Green is not your granddaddy’s party of Lincoln, Eisenhower etc.

The only language they understand is strong arm tactics.

After 4 years of Trump, there is no more playing nice, win at any cost.

 

they have no intention of governing.  They are there for one reason and one reason only........to burn it down.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to chuckle at Texas Governor, Greg Abbott, declining to throw out the first pitch at the Texas Rangers' home opener against the Jays yesterday......

 

The party that whinges about cancel culture, boycotting MLB, because they took a stand against disenfranchising voters....:rolleyes:

 

It's too bad that the Rangers didn't have more imagination. The state Governor wasn't the only choice.....they should have put Beto on the mound....B)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

they should have put Beto on the mound....

Maybe they tried, and Beto said "Not with that many fans in the stands, thanks".

  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What is it lassie?  is biden tripping on some stairs again?  did you find some glaring issue you all of a sudden care about after spending almost 5 years not caring about it and defending it because "party politics"

 

Is timmy down a well?


What is it boy?

Hmmm. I've never seen this before and must have posted it by accident I guess. As far as the migrants are concerned, it's true me and Ted don't care about them one iota, but we are pointing this out for you benefit so you can run down there and start bawling against the fence about the inhumanity of it all like you did when the situation was way less critical 4 years ago. As far as Pete is concerned, the story may or may not be factual, but what it does clearly show is that he's a silly poser.

  • RoughGame 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chesster said:

As far as Pete is concerned, the story may or may not be factual, but what it does clearly show is that he's a silly poser.

In just what way does that video "clearly show" he's a poser, exactly?

Edited by gurn
  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What is it lassie?  is biden tripping on some stairs again?  did you find some glaring issue you all of a sudden care about after spending almost 5 years not caring about it and defending it because "party politics"

 

Is timmy down a well?


What is it boy?

 

8 minutes ago, Chesster said:

Hmmm. I've never seen this before and must have posted it by accident I guess. As far as the migrants are concerned, it's true me and Ted don't care about them one iota, but we are pointing this out for you benefit so you can run down there and start bawling against the fence about the inhumanity of it all like you did when the situation was way less critical 4 years ago. As far as Pete is concerned, the story may or may not be factual, but what it does clearly show is that he's a silly poser.

Oh, and don't forget that Biden is sub human etc. etc.

 

I will make an amendment though. We do care about the minors who have been victimized by their parents. Social services should step in.

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chesster said:

Hmmm. I've never seen this before and must have posted it by accident I guess. As far as the migrants are concerned, it's true me and Ted don't care about them one iota, but we are pointing this out for you benefit so you can run down there and start bawling against the fence about the inhumanity of it all like you did when the situation was way less critical 4 years ago. As far as Pete is concerned, the story may or may not be factual, but what it does clearly show is that he's a silly poser.

Uh huh

 

Spin me another load of hypocritical offal please.

 

I loooove pointing out the righteous hypocrisy of the idiocy and I'm getting good at it 

 

For every take you post without context, evidence or merit in an attempt to defame one side or lift another I promise I've a hypocritical take from your camp that is eminently worse in scale or idiocy

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chesster said:

.

 

I will make an amendment though. We do care about the minors who have been victimized by their parents. Social services should step in.

No.

 

You don't.

 

You didn't care 2 years ago you only care now.

 

Get it in before the parrot shows up

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Chesster said:

 As far as Pete is concerned, the story may or may not be factual, but what it does clearly show is that he's a silly poser.

May or may not be factual but I'll post it and claim he's something even though I've no idea if it's true or not.

 

But I want to believe it so confirmation bias.

 

By the way...it's not true

 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pete-buttigieg-bike-suv/

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

May or may not be factual but I'll post it and claim he's something even though I've no idea if it's true or not.

 

But I want to believe it so confirmation bias.

 

By the way...it's not true

 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pete-buttigieg-bike-suv/

Snopes isn't really the be all and end all when it comes to fact checking anymore. It's 50% owned by Proper Media, an online ad agency. As well, they have very little in the way of editorial oversight and don't really follow any journalistic practices. In fact, the company has no valid screening process when hiring and screening potential "fact-checkers" for their site, according to former employees. 

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2016/12/22/the-daily-mail-snopes-story-and-fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/?sh=7187f8f9227f

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Snopes isn't really the be all and end all when it comes to fact checking anymore. It's 50% owned by Proper Media, an online ad agency. As well, they have very little in the way of editorial oversight and don't really follow any journalistic practices. In fact, the company has no valid screening process when hiring and screening potential "fact-checkers" for their site, according to former employees. 

 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleetaru/2016/12/22/the-daily-mail-snopes-story-and-fact-checking-the-fact-checkers/?sh=7187f8f9227f

Fine.  Fact check the other 1.4 million stories stating the same thing then.

 

Bottom line it's a false story like Jill Bidens leggings having a print on them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...