The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Fine.  Fact check the other 1.4 million stories stating the same thing then.

Bottom line it's a false story like Jill Bidens leggings having a print on them

My post wasn't so much speaking to a specific story, but the fact that even the fact checkers now are compromised. It seems that we live in a time where everyone has a price, and the truth, whatever that is now, can be bought and sold.  

• Hydration 2
12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

My post wasn't so much speaking to a specific story, but the fact that even the fact checkers now are compromised. It seems that we live in a time where everyone has a price, and the truth, whatever that is now, can be bought and sold.  

No argument there.  

But that story initially came from Breitbart and was destroyed in minutes even by FOX

• Hydration 1
21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Everyone has a price. Always been that way.

If ppl were smart they would stop with all this BS getting mad and start getting money. 

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

May or may not be factual but I'll post it and claim he's something even though I've no idea if it's true or not.

But I want to believe it so confirmation bias.

By the way...it's not true

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pete-buttigieg-bike-suv/

In no way am I interested in what snopes has to say. Neither of us know if it's true or not. The fact checkers are political entities. That's the whole debate. People vs institutions. You support institutions.

Now that the election process is definitely opaque, the institutions (and you) have nothing to worry about, barring some sort of miracle. Hopefully the world they give you will align with our personal needs.

• RoughGame 1
2 minutes ago, Chesster said:

In no way am I interested in what snopes has to say. Neither of us know if it's true or not. The fact checkers are political entities. That's the whole debate. People vs institutions. You support institutions.

Now that the election process is definitely opaque, the institutions (and you) have nothing to worry about, barring some sort of miracle. Hopefully the world they give you will align with our personal needs.

Honestly, when did stupidity and ignorance become something to be celebrated?

• Hydration 3
4 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

What took you so long? Back again for more?

The answer is in the name. lol   But I feel sorry for you guys because you're anxious for some real push back but it's not allowed in the world you've created.

Edited by Chesster
5 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

What took you so long? Back again for more?

joined Friday, 1 post on Saturday in Canuck Talk and one on Sunday; then like a moth to an outside light, boom into the  U.S. political thread.

looks like a repeat customer.

• Hydration 1
Just now, Chesster said:

The answer is in the name. lol   But I feel sorry for you guys because you're anxious for some real push back but it's not allowed in the world you've created.

Oh hello green parrot.... so long 'Chesster'....

Just now, Chesster said:

Hmmm. Hall monitor for the boss eh?

Nope...but Stealth pops in very regularly to check out the 'new' users who run immediately to post in this thread. A person would think you'd know this by now considering the number of times you've been the recipient of the green parrot treatment. :lol:

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Nope...but Stealth pops in very regularly to check out the 'new' users who run immediately to post in this thread. A person would think you'd know this by now considering the number of times you've been the recipient of the green parrot treatment. :lol:

Ok then. Why aren't you screaming for Biden's head due to the border situation.

1 minute ago, Chesster said:

Ok then. Why aren't you screaming for Biden's head due to the border situation.

I honestly can't name a single person on the left who thinks Biden's the answer for anything other than getting that Trumpster fire out of a position where he can do any more damage to this planet.

Just now, Cerridwen said:

It takes time to clean up 4 years of 45's mess... Why weren't YOU screaming for Trump to clean it up when it was HIS mess? Hmmm?

Because I didn't see a problem with it. You did.

2 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

It takes time to clean up 4 years of 45's mess... Why weren't YOU screaming for Trump's head to clean it up when it was HIS mess? Hmmm?

Before you get too mad....I love the kids but they have to put somewhere for their own safety. What are you supposed to do with them, let them run around the facility? I consider the other border crossers to be criminals.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I honestly can't name a single person on the left who thinks Biden's the answer for anything other than getting that Trumpster fire out of a position where he can do any more damage to this planet.

What damage are you referring to?

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No.

You don't.

You didn't care 2 years ago you only care now.

Get it in before the parrot shows up

It was more than two years ago. Trump solved the border crisis, Biden resurrected it. But it isn't a crisis for your leaders, it's a success. They don't want borders.

We did care (more than) 2 years ago, that's where the SEPARATING FAMILIES!!! attack came from. You know what happens when social services steps in right?

6 minutes ago, Chesster said:

It was more than two years ago. Trump solved the border crisis, Biden resurrected it. But it isn't a crisis for your leaders, it's a success. They don't want borders.

We did care (more than) 2 years ago, that's where the SEPARATING FAMILIES!!! attack came from. You know what happens when social services steps in right?

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Chesster said:

‘Sup clam?