The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

We will see if this actually happens.  Probably end up as well as building the wall or locking her up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-withdrawal/biden-to-withdraw-u-s-troops-from-afghanistan-by-sept-11-officials-say-idUSKBN2C028S?utm_source=reddit.com

Biden to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, officials say

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
10 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Sadly the main reason is decades of American interference in their affairs and the US consumption of drugs forced into a black market by their war on drugs. 

I made a post about a week ago, where I laid a large percentage of the "border problem" at the feet of the misguided "War on Drugs". IMO, decriminalize possession of all types of drugs. Legalize recreational drugs. Sell them the same way you do other controlled substances like cigarettes and booze. Tax them.....

I think a big portion of the border issue goes away after that....

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I made a post about a week ago, where I laid a large percentage of the "border problem" at the feet of the misguided "War on Drugs". IMO, decriminalize possession of all types of drugs. Legalize recreational drugs. Sell them the same way you do other controlled substances like cigarettes and booze. Tax them.....

Yup.  And the take the money out of the hands of criminals, into govt coffers and use it on education and treatment. Plus I could buy good quality cocaine again...    ;)

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Won't happen.  

You've just eliminated several GOP talking points.

Lol. 

:P

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Yup.  And the take the money out of the hands of criminals, into govt coffers and use it on education and treatment. Plus I could buy good quality cocaine again...    ;)

The real issues no one talks about

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I always suspected that when you were talking about how good powder is in Whistler.

You were really not talking about the snow were you?

Edited by CBH1926
  • Haha 2
23 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

So take the money out of the hands of one set of criminals and right into the hands of another set of criminals.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Chesster said:

hey Clam. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Chesster said:

CNN is full of what makes the grass grow green. Fox too. Anyone who thinks either "news" entity, or any major American media conglomerate, is actually interested in reporting the news, is fooling themselves. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

hey Clam. 

The Political Insider:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/political-insider/

Detailed Report

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Failed Fact Checks, Fake News
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 2
21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

CNN is full of what makes the grass grow green. Fox too. Anyone who thinks either "news" entity, or any major American media conglomerate, is actually interested in reporting the news, is fooling themselves. 

It depends on whether you're talking about news stories or opinion stories.  CNN has some good reporting, but also plenty of editorial opinion segments.  Fox, aside from Wallace, is pretty much all opinion/propaganda

• Hydration 1
40 minutes ago, stawns said:

It depends on whether you're talking about news stories or opinion stories.  CNN has some good reporting, but also plenty of editorial opinion segments.  Fox, aside from Wallace, is pretty much all opinion/propaganda

Basically cnn is a steaming pile of dog poop whereas fox news is like a heaping pile of elephant poop. Both stink but there is definitely a difference

• Vintage 1
32 minutes ago, Chesster said:

Mostly everyone understands fact checkers work for the luxury class. But on an even more obvious note, the fact check should be on the guy from CNN.

Sure thing slick. You keep telling yourself that garbage sources are actually legit and the rest of us will keep looking at you like you took the short bus to school every day....:rolleyes:

• Hydration 2
17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sure thing slick. You keep telling yourself that garbage sources are actually legit and the rest of us will keep looking at you like you took the short bus to school every day....:rolleyes:

There are innumerable places to get the video of him speaking. Pick the one you like. But beyond that, I'm not usually interested in any interpretation from hosts because the entertainment industry doesn't generally attract the brightest of us.