The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

1 hour ago, Chesster said:

Mostly everyone understands fact checkers work for the luxury class. But on an even more obvious note, the fact check should be on the guy from CNN.

We don't need to rely on BS sources to tell us that Fox News and Cucker are lying propagandists.  Fox lawyers made the point for us in COURT.  

No reasonable viewer should take them seriously.

NOW, if you had posted an article from the AP, or NPR, or Axios, or Reuters, then you can puff your chest out.  As RUPERT clearly demonstrated, your source is absolute trash and is nowhere equivalent to much more reputable sources.  Oh, but I'm sure you have a trash YouTube video that tells you the MSM is out to get "conservatives".  Keep telling yourself that one there slick.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

We don't need to rely on BS sources to tell us that Fox News and Cucker are lying propagandists.  Fox lawyers made the point for us in COURT.  

No reasonable viewer should take them seriously.

NOW, if you had posted an article from the AP, or NPR, or Axios, or Reuters, then you can puff your chest out.  As RUPERT clearly demonstrated, your source is absolute trash and is nowhere equivalent to much more reputable sources.  Oh, but I'm sure you have a trash YouTube video that tells you the MSM is out to get "conservatives".  Keep telling yourself that one there slick.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers

Now why would I care about what Tucker Carlson says? What does he have to do with this CNN guy describing what CNN does to it's audience? As I mentioned, there are many videos out there of him speaking. Pick whatever one you want.

Now the news agencies you are lauding, are they same ones that propagated the drink bleach hoax on their audience? They're all in the pockets of power and definitely not honest arbiters of truth. Strictly political entities. All of them.

13 hours ago, Chesster said:

Now why would I care about what Tucker Carlson says? What does he have to do with this CNN guy describing what CNN does to it's audience? As I mentioned, there are many videos out there of him speaking. Pick whatever one you want.

Now the news agencies you are lauding, are they same ones that propagated the drink bleach hoax on their audience? They're all in the pockets of power and definitely not honest arbiters of truth. Strictly political entities. All of them.

The only one propagating to drink bleach was Trump. 

• Hydration 2

I got a bit of a chuckle out of this story....

Apparently one of the Capitol rioters tried to skip the country and get on a flight to Switzerland. Because of this, a judge is ordering that he be held in jail, as he awaits trial.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/politics/capitol-riot-switzerland-suicide/index.html

A geophysicist who allegedly beat police officers who were trying to help injured rioters during the US Capitol siege will be jailed before trial, a federal judge ruled Wednesday, citing the man's ham-handed attempt to flee to Switzerland as proof that he poses a literal flight risk.

Judge Emmet Sullivan said Jeffrey Sabol was too dangerous to release due to the flight risk and because he might continue his fight against "perceived tyranny" once he is out of jail.
"He stripped a vulnerable police officer of his police baton," Sullivan wrote in a 64-page ruling. "He then used that stolen police baton to force another officer away from his post and into a mob of rioters who proceeded to viciously attack him, leaving him bleeding from the head."
Sabol was indicted alongside four others who allegedly assaulted the officers, including one who was beaten while being dragged face-down into the crowd. He hasn't yet entered a plea.
Sabol took drastic steps after the January 6 insurrection because he "reached a mental breaking point," according to court filings. He traveled from his native Colorado to Boston and booked a flight to Switzerland, where he believed he would be protected from extradition, according to court filings. But he abandoned that plan after seeing law enforcement officers at the airport.
Instead, he rented a car and drove south. He later told investigators that while he was driving he threw his cell phone over a bridge near Boston because he thought he was being tracked.

There's more in the link, but you get the idea.

I read in a different story that Sabol chose Switzerland in part because he believed that the US didn't have an extradition treaty with the Swiss. (Switzerland being "neutral" and all that :rolleyes:).....

There's just one problem with that theory....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, spur1 said:

The only one propagating to drink bleach was Trump. 

Drink and bleach are not even mentioned. He was talking about using light to kill the virus. Here's what was actually said followed by a liberal analyst explaining that pushing the hoax was going to far. He was wrong though. The hoax worked great!

https://dangerousintersection.org/2020/04/27/what-trump-actually-said-about-a-disinfectant-cure/

“So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you’re into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn’t been checked but you’re gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you’re gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it’d be interesting to check that. So you’re going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.”

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chesster said:

Drink and bleach are not even mentioned. He was talking about using light to kill the virus. Here's what was actually said followed by a liberal analyst explaining that pushing the hoax was going to far. He was wrong though. The hoax worked great!

https://dangerousintersection.org/2020/04/27/what-trump-actually-said-about-a-disinfectant-cure/

“So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you’re into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn’t been checked but you’re gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you’re gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it’d be interesting to check that. So you’re going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that’s pretty powerful.”

How about posting the whole thing instead of your cherry picked part. 

• Hydration 1
10 minutes ago, spur1 said:

How about posting the whole thing instead of your cherry picked part. 

I listened to the press conference live. At no time did I think about drinking or bleach. If there's something else I didn't post let me know. The democrat analyst I posted along with the quote didn't  find anything else.

5 minutes ago, Chesster said:

I listened to the press conference live. At no time did I think about drinking or bleach. If there's something else I didn't post let me know. The democrat analyst I posted along with the quote didn't  find anything else.

This is correct.

However, he did wonder aloud about the possibility of injecting "disinfectant" as a Covid treatment. So instead of Uber-stupid, it was just incredibly stupid.....

Point in your favor, I suppose....:unsure:

• Burr 1
48 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Hell has frozen over!  Pat Robertson got woke!

Update, Pat and the host are being rushed to the hospital after the taser went off, causing Pat to have a muscle contraction. This resulted in the host being shot, by the gun in Pat's hand.

morons have no idea how to handle those weapons.

Host ends with "maybe they need more training".       Hey the cops aren't the only ones needing more training.

• Haha 1

Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert Vote Against National Marrow Donor Program

Republican Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert were the only House

lawmakers to oppose a bill that would reauthorize the National Marrow Donor Program—a vital service for people who have fatal blood diseases.

The TRANSPLANT Act passed the lower chamber in a resounding 415-2 vote on Thursday night. A further 12 lawmakers did not vote on the bill—including another freshman Republican, Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina.

Under the bill, the National Marrow Donor Program would be reauthorized for a further five years. The program keeps an inventory of cord blood and a database of bone marrow donors for matches with patients diagnosed with leukemia and other fatal blood diseases.

A number of commentators were critical of Greene and Boebert after it emerged they had voted against the legislation.

"Who votes against the National Marrow Donor Program, you ask? Well, [Marjorie Taylor Greene] and Lauren Boebert—that's who," tweeted Buffy Wicks, a Democratic member of the California State Assembly.

"The 'new face' of the Republican Party, everyone!"

In a statement, Rep. Greene's spokesman Nick Dyer said: "Nothing in this bill prevents the funding of aborted fetal tissue by taxpayers. It opens the door for the NIH to use this bill to research the remains of babies who were murdered in the womb."

"This bill added hundreds of millions of dollars to the national debt, while not receiving a CBO score or going through the committee process," Rep. Boebert added.

Rep. Doris Matsui (D-CA), who sponsored the renewal bill, said in a statement that blood transplants and marrow donations were the "only potential for a cure" for many people with blood diseases.

She added: "For the 1.3 million Americans suffering from blood cancer and bone marrow disorders, we must continue to make investments in these programs that have saved tens of thousands of lives. I applaud my colleagues in the House for approving this bipartisan legislation and I urge the Senate to do the same."

Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) has put forward an identical copy of the legislation in the upper chamber. It has been read twice and now sits with the health, education, labor and pensions committee.

The Senate bill currently has four co-sponsors: two Republicans and two Democrats. This bipartisan support in the upper chamber suggests the legislation will pass without issue, as was the case in the House.

The Be the Match registry for potential donors celebrated the House vote on Thursday night. Its official account tweeted that it was "grateful" to be a step closer to renewal of the federal program.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society estimates that every three minutes a person in the U.S. is diagnosed with a blood cancer. It forecast that more than 178,000 people in the U.S. would be diagnosed with lymphoma or myeloma last year.

According to the non-profit, a person in the U.S. dies from a blood cancer approximately every nine minutes. This adds up to more than 150 people each day.

What a surprise! If you’re unsure of how to vote on an issue just make sure you’re on the other side of MTG, Boebert and Cawthorn and you’ll be fine

• Hydration 2
41 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert Vote Against National Marrow Donor Program

lawmakers to oppose a bill that would reauthorize the National Marrow Donor Program—a vital service for people who have fatal blood diseases.

The TRANSPLANT Act passed the lower chamber in a resounding 415-2 vote on Thursday night. A further 12 lawmakers did not vote on the bill—including another freshman Republican, Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina.

Under the bill, the National Marrow Donor Program would be reauthorized for a further five years. The program keeps an inventory of cord blood and a database of bone marrow donors for matches with patients diagnosed with leukemia and other fatal blood diseases.

A number of commentators were critical of Greene and Boebert after it emerged they had voted against the legislation.

"Who votes against the National Marrow Donor Program, you ask? Well, [Marjorie Taylor Greene] and Lauren Boebert—that's who," tweeted Buffy Wicks, a Democratic member of the California State Assembly.

In a statement, Rep. Greene's spokesman Nick Dyer said: "Nothing in this bill prevents the funding of aborted fetal tissue by taxpayers. It opens the door for the NIH to use this bill to research the remains of babies who were murdered in the womb."

"This bill added hundreds of millions of dollars to the national debt, while not receiving a CBO score or going through the committee process," Rep. Boebert added.

Rep. Doris Matsui (D-CA), who sponsored the renewal bill, said in a statement that blood transplants and marrow donations were the "only potential for a cure" for many people with blood diseases.

She added: "For the 1.3 million Americans suffering from blood cancer and bone marrow disorders, we must continue to make investments in these programs that have saved tens of thousands of lives. I applaud my colleagues in the House for approving this bipartisan legislation and I urge the Senate to do the same."

Senator Jack Reed (D-RI) has put forward an identical copy of the legislation in the upper chamber. It has been read twice and now sits with the health, education, labor and pensions committee.

The Senate bill currently has four co-sponsors: two Republicans and two Democrats. This bipartisan support in the upper chamber suggests the legislation will pass without issue, as was the case in the House.

The Be the Match registry for potential donors celebrated the House vote on Thursday night. Its official account tweeted that it was "grateful" to be a step closer to renewal of the federal program.

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society estimates that every three minutes a person in the U.S. is diagnosed with a blood cancer. It forecast that more than 178,000 people in the U.S. would be diagnosed with lymphoma or myeloma last year.

According to the non-profit, a person in the U.S. dies from a blood cancer approximately every nine minutes. This adds up to more than 150 people each day.

What a surprise! If you’re unsure of how to vote on an issue just make sure you’re on the other side of MTG, Boebert and Cawthorn and you’ll be fine

I knew before reading the content that their "reason" was going to have something to do with religion...:rolleyes:

• Hydration 2
32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I knew before reading the content that their "reason" was going to have something to do with religion...:rolleyes:

True, and they won’t change their opinions unless they have a “personal experience” with one of these diseases. Then they’ll suddenly become real.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

True, and they won’t change their opinions unless they have a “personal experience” with one of these diseases. Then they’ll suddenly become real.

Pin on School 2017-2018

• Upvote 3

Capitol rioter makes a plea deal:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/politics/oath-keepers-capitol-guilty-plea-schaffer/index.html

A heavy metal guitarist with ties to the Oath Keepers pleaded guilty Friday to two crimes related to the US Capitol insurrection, making him the first rioter to do so.

Jon Ryan Schaffer pleaded guilty to obstruction of an official proceeding and entering a building with a dangerous weapon. He admitted to carrying bear spray into the Capitol complex during the formal certification of the Electoral College votes.
One hundred days after the January 6 attack, Schaffer is now the first pro-Trump rioter to plead guilty and admit his crimes.
In his plea deal, Schaffer is described as a "founding lifetime member" of the Oath Keepers, though his lawyers previously claimed in court that he didn't know much about the paramilitary group.

As part of the deal, Schaffer also "admits his belief that the Electoral College results were fraudulent is not a legal justification" for storming the Capitol complex.
Prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, based on how fruitful his cooperation is with the government. The sentencing decision will ultimately be made by federal Judge Amit Mehta, who is overseeing the case.
Many of the Capitol riot defendants have expressed interest in pleading guilty and attempting to move on with their lives. But those plea deals -- and potential cooperation deals -- have been slowed down while prosecutors waited for sign-off from senior Justice Department officials.
Schaffer's plea was made official during a hastily arranged hearing Friday in DC District Court.

I have to say that it's encouraging to see that he's facing a few years behind bars for his actions....and that's with his cooperation....It looks like maybe these so-called "demonstrators" might just face significant consequences for their actions.

It also makes a bit of a mockery of the claim by Republicans and Right Wing media that this was just a bunch of good 'ol boys (and girls) who got a tad carried away...
Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2

I'm not sure I would allow plea deals in this case. Would take a lot of thought before I'd ease up on this type of activity.

imo a very loud message must be sent and set.

• Hydration 3
4 hours ago, 4petesake said:

That's what really pisses me off about these people of so called faith.

A central part of their teachings is supposed to be empathy and compassion for others and yet many of them especially those in elected office don't seem to grasp these concepts.

• Vintage 3
50 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'm not sure I would allow plea deals in this case. Would take a lot of thought before I'd ease up on this type of activity.

imo a very loud message must be sent and set.

I think it's contingent on providing info on other rioters and possible coordination with other groups. (maybe even "congressional" groups, or individuals)

If it yields those types of results, I would be good with it. And 3.5 years is no picnic.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Both of those women are living proof that abortion can be a good thing.  Unfortunately, their mothers made the wrong choice.