The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Too bad your crappy neighbour can't lower property prices and help make homes more affordable for first home buyers.

Almost every problem that the US has, save maybe the gun culture, military industrial complex, and health care, we have here. As the American’s little brother we are widely influenced by US media so we share to a lesser degree most of the things that are rotten in our neighbor’s house. Every anti-masker/vaccer, racist, bigot, nazi wannabe, flat-earthier, etc., has at least some representation here.

Sadly we  generally outshine them in unaffordable housing.

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Almost every problem that the US has, save maybe the gun culture, military industrial complex, and health care, we have here. As the American’s little brother we are widely influenced by US media so we share to a lesser degree most of the things that are rotten in our neighbor’s house. Every anti-masker/vaccer, racist, bigot, nazi wannabe, flat-earthier, etc., has at least some representation here.

Sadly we  generally outshine them in unaffordable housing.

We have our fair share of "bogans" to brother.

And we really have a problem with affordable housing as well.

• Huggy Bear 1
11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yep. Apparently "plant based" beer is a product of "woke" culture.....Real beer drinkers prefer the stuff that the Duck Dynasty guys shot last summer and turned into this spring's brew......(they also shoot some rabbits for those who like some extra Hops in their beer)

I'm sure the ancient Egyptians who invented the stuff would have  been pleased to know how woke they were.....

not wanting to support the plant based beer thing,  but a lot of brewers use isinglass which is made from fish swim bladders and is used to keep the beer clear. It is Used in some wines as well. That’s why not all beer is actually vegan

Edited by UKNuck96
9 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

not wanting to support the plant based beer thing,  but a lot of brewers use isinglass which is made from fish swim bladders and is used to keep the beer clear. It is Used in some wines as well. That’s why not all beer is actually vegan

Yeah, I've read that Guinness has trace elements of "non-vegan" content as well....

Of course, we know that this isn't what Kudlow was talking about. He was looking for a way to criticize Biden and ended up making himself look like an absolute idiot....

• Hydration 1

I can't remember who the poster was, (or if he or she is still around) but I do remember arguing with him or her about whether the NY Post is a valid source for information....

....Turns out, he (or she) was incorrect:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/tv/news/ny-post-reporter-resigns-says-she-was-ordered-to-write-false-kamala-harris-story/ar-BB1g7ouw?li=AAggNb9

The Post's Laura Italiano says the article about Harris' book was her "breaking point"

A New York Post reporter who wrote a since-retracted article about migrant children getting a copy of Vice President Kamala Harris' book as part of "welcome kits" said she resigned on Tuesday after she was "ordered to write" the story.

"Today I handed in my resignation to my editors at the New York Post," reporter Laura Italiano tweeted. "The Kamala Harris story — an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point."

A spokesperson for the Post, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Turns out that the Post wasn't the only Murdoch company that ran with the story:

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-kamala-harris-childrens-book/

Fox News acknowledged in an on-air segment Tuesday that migrant children are NOT getting copies of Vice President Kamala Harris’ “Superheroes Are Everywhere” book as a welcome gift, despite previously reporting the contrary.

The Tuesday walk-back came after not only Fox News, but the New York Post and various Republican leaders ran with the story, which is untrue. (The Post hasn’t yet corrected its reporting.) GOP chairwoman Ronna McDaniel fumed that the book could be being bought with taxpayer money.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
13 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

GOP voter base is like polenta, needs to be constantly stirred.

They don’t really have any real political solutions to problems in the U.S.

So you're telling me "them libtards is going to take away your cheeseburgers" isn't the biggest problem facing America? 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

So you're telling me "them libtards is going to take away your cheeseburgers" isn't the biggest problem facing America? 

Them tofu eating, soy drinking, tight pants wearin’ girlie man can pry our dead cold fingers from the cheeseburgers!

Nothing comes in between a man and his cheddar and bacon hamburger.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Lets see.....off the top of my head, they're going to take away:

Planes

Cars

Windows

Cheeseburgers

Beer

Christmas

Dr Suess

"History"

.....and of course....your guns...:rolleyes:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He was told that his password had to be 8 characters, so he made it "Snow White and the seven dwarves".....

....at least, that's what I'm hearing....

Ah... makes sense...that what he was looking for down his pants. 

28 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Ah... makes sense...that what he was looking for down his pants. 

Interesting you should mention that....I'm also hearing that his original password choice was MyPenis......

....but it was too short....

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

watch how fast Rudy flips to save his arse from jail time. I'm guessing his laptop password was something like "1234$" 

Or reachinmypants.

• Haha 3