The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

“That’s a term of endearment.”  Exactly how out of touch does that big fat pos ugly mfer think we are? (Those are just terms of endearment by the way.)  I’m sure he wonders what her beef is with the term.

8CAB9355-CA2C-4460-8DAF-B51C33EB0DF2.gif

That must have been a great interview.

Love Mel, yes I do.

• Hydration 1
12 minutes ago, gurn said:

That must have been a great interview.

Love Mel, yes I do.

Mel Brooks is so good! The interview is very funny but of course if you know Jiminy we don’t get as much Mel as we’d like. He almost makes Martin Short break character when he answers olive oil to his question.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure how many people have been following the ridiculous partisan "recount" efforts by the Arizona GOP, but I've seen this posted on multiple news outlets and it just shows how far down the rabbit hole the GQP has gone....

Ballot counters employed by the firm "Cyber Ninjas" (I'm not making that up) have been using UV lights to scrutinize ballots. Why? To see if they can find traces of "bamboo".....

Apparently, one of the "theories" being promoted is that 40,000 ballots, (no idea where that number comes from, but my guess is some Q-moron's posterior) were brought in from China (likely from the same lab that produced the Kung-Flu) and introduced into the Maricopa county count. :picard:

We've already mentioned the fact that ballot counters have been filmed entering the facility with "Don't Tread on me" and Trump bumper stickers. Several of them refused to talk to any reporter that wasn't from OANN....The entire farce is a secretive, partisan fishing expedition and I have little doubt that these paragons of impartiality will find "credible evidence" of massive voter fraud in AZ....

Who knows? Maybe they'll even find some Panda food....:rolleyes:

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm not sure how many people have been following the ridiculous partisan "recount" efforts by the Arizona GOP, but I've seen this posted on multiple news outlets and it just shows how far down the rabbit hole the GQP has gone....

Ballot counters employed by the firm "Cyber Ninjas" (I'm not making that up) have been using UV lights to scrutinize ballots. Why? To see if they can find traces of "bamboo".....

Apparently, one of the "theories" being promoted is that 40,000 ballots, (no idea where that number comes from, but my guess is some Q-moron's posterior) were brought in from China (likely from the same lab that produced the Kung-Flu) and introduced into the Maricopa county count. :picard:

We've already mentioned the fact that ballot counters have been filmed entering the facility with "Don't Tread on me" and Trump bumper stickers. Several of them refused to talk to any reporter that wasn't from OANN....The entire farce is a secretive, partisan fishing expedition and I have little doubt that these paragons of impartiality will find "credible evidence" of massive voter fraud in AZ....

I believe one of them actually stormed the capital iirc. Seems like a nonpartisan group if there ever was one, hey? Nothing to see here. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I believe one of them actually stormed the capital iirc. Seems like a nonpartisan group if there ever was one, hey? Nothing to see here. 

I also read an article this morning about one of them being identified as a candidate who lost in the election. He could have been reviewing ballots that had his own name on them....:blink:

• Hydration 1
57 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Rachel Maddow has been talking about this since this "BIG LIE" horsecrap in Arizona began. He has no experience in how a voting system works. However, looking at the situation in good old 'murica, I don't think they no how either. To think that the Americans send overlookers to third world countries to observe, hell, they can't pull of an election without having so many dramatic episodes. There was something on her show two nights ago, about how it might take months to complete this exercise, as they've only checked out 2 million votes in Maricopa County. In what other normal Country does this happen, or having people in positions to allow it to happen?

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Or maybe they will find panda poop which looks suspiciously like rat droppings.

• Hydration 2
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The sad thing is, these guys had to sue to get access to the ballots and voting machines and some judge signed off on the idea. I can't see any possible way that a non-partisan judge allows such a sham to take place.

It's one thing when your politics are completely partisan, but when a country allows it's judiciary to become partisan, you've got real problems.

The US has had real problems since it was founded.

Corrupt politicians and Judiciary.

A nation that was/is divided on race and religious BS.

They have tried to sell the idea to the world that their society is somehow superior to others when they can't even look after their own citizens healthcare.

The clown show of the last 4 years has been the icing on a very multilayered cake.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Hydration 1
6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

The US has had real problems since it was founded.

Corrupt politicians and Judiciary.

A nation that was/is divided on race and religious BS.

They have tried to sell the idea to the world that their society is somehow superior to others when they can't even look after their own citizens healthcare.

The clown show of the last 4 years has been the icing on a very multilayered cake.

Sadly that nirvana has been duplicated around the world in varying degrees. History is an amazing read.

• Hydration 1

Last night Rachel went deep into the heart of Texas. She showed a photo of all these bonnet wearing women standing in front of a gov't building waiting to get their first chance to vote. NO BLACK FOLK WERE ALLOWED. The GOP lead Congress has passed voter suppression laws two nights ago making it all the more difficult to vote again. The guys that wrote the bill had no idea of the history in Texas and how they took the voting rights from Blacks in his State. Jim Crow is alive and well in Texas. I truly hope this bites these bast^&ds in the ass!

• Like 3
9 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Last night Rachel went deep into the heart of Texas. She showed a photo of all these bonnet wearing women standing in front of a gov't building waiting to get their first chance to vote. NO BLACK FOLK WERE ALLOWED. The GOP lead Congress has passed voter suppression laws two nights ago making it all the more difficult to vote again. The guys that wrote the bill had no idea of the history in Texas and how they took the voting rights from Blacks in his State. Jim Crow is alive and well in Texas. I truly hope this bites these bast^&ds in the ass!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BoKnows said:

biden made politics boring again.  which is a good thing I guess lol

It's offset by inflation, if that's your kind of thing. 

Edited by Jack Fig
38 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

I'm a trillionaire in Zimbabwe.  Got a 50 Trillion bank note, too bad it's not worth much

56 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Little bit of inflation is good for the economy, hyperinflation not so much.