Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US


Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

BIDEN SAYS ASKED PUTIN HOW HE WOULD FEEL IF RUSSIA'S OIL FIELDS WERE HIT BY RANSOMWARE.

 

 

Little different tone than when Dotard was in charge.

You mean to tell me Putin isn’t a stand-up guy that we shouldn’t find any reason not to believe over American intelligence agencies? I’m shocked. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

You mean to tell me Putin isn’t a stand-up guy that we shouldn’t find any reason not to believe over American intelligence agencies? I’m shocked. 

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

...and I made no comment on that point. I'll leave it to others to conduct that debate.

 

My comment was directed at Mao's intent. While it's true that he thought his ideas would improve the country's outlook overall, it's also true that he didn't care how many millions died to see his goals through.

 

We could debate which of Mao, Stalin or Hitler was "the worst", but I see little point in such a line of discussion. All three knowingly and purposely took an active part in the deaths of millions. That tells me all I need to know about their "intentions"....

That was my point.

 

As for intentions let's take the example of the guy in London who allegedly rammed the car and caused four deaths.

If he intentionally did for any reason it is either murder or a hate crime.

If he did while drunk it is still a crime however there was probably no intent to kill.

If it was just an accident then it is just plain bad luck.

 

Intentions mean everything.

 

So when you compare a person who intentionally tried to exterminate an entire race to a person who #@#$$$ things up trying to help people that comparison will not hold up.

 

Yang Yisheng has studied the great China famine all his life and at the age of 72 he has written a book about it called Tombstone.

To quote from that book "it's a very complicated historical process why China believed in Maoism,and took this path. It wasn't one person's mistake but many people's. It was a process."

 

Edited by Ilunga
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

All three probably thought in their demented way that they were helping their people. Their people being the ones who would do whatever they said.

I agree that China has rarely engaged in an international conflict.

It was a rhetorical statement rather than a pointed one at you.

Was the impetus of getting those people out of poverty an altruistic one, or was it borne out of necessity? I mean, letting millions starve to death within your own country would have been a massive black mark against the CCP that they would have never recovered from.

How so? From what I've read Australia hasn't been out of line. 

That's unfortunate. People singling out others because of their appearance, and then attaching a mistaken assumption to that is truly stupid. I know quite a few Chinese Canadians who have been in this country for three generations. 

While that has some truth to it, outright punishing people for attempting to speak freely is despotic. Certainly Western nations are trying to tighten the grip they have on the average citizen, but the average citizen can go right back at them and call them out and not fear that the government will then come after them for it. There have been reports of quite a few people in Wuhan who were walking around the city and taking pictures, these are citizens of Wuhan, who were approached by police for doing so, and then these folks disappeared. Even a year later, their families haven't seen them. Something is wrong with that.

While Hitler did in some way care for his people,the Volkswagen- people car- is one example,side note he got that idea from Henry Ford who in turn accepted the highest award Germany could give to a non Herman citizen,they both hated the Jewish people.

 

The same cannot be said for Stalin I suggest you research that person.

All he ever was interested in was power and the maintenance of it.

 

Who knows the motivation of the ruling elite if any nation.

Our leaders don't seem to care that more people are becoming homeless 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/when-living-in-your-car-becomes-your-only-option/9710226

 

And this has only become worse since Covid.

 

 

I am in total agreement that China is more ruthless in its attempts to shutdown free speech however one must start somewhere 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-48511217

 

Spying on us....

 

Tell me it ain't so......

 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think that's a verifiable statement at all. 

Certainly. Having a population of over a billion will certainly contribute to that though. Perhaps if China hadn't have allowed their population to balloon to that number they could have avoided the poverty?

How many Chinese people live in caves? I don't really trust the words of career politicians at all. They're trained to twist the truth. Biden, McConnell and Jinping are all politicians with decades of experience. They are all out of touch with the needs of the average person. 

Really !

 

The only person trump cares about is himself.

 Over 20,000 lies in just 4 years as president.

 

Ping while a dictator would not have told a fraction of that number.

 

China has always had a large population the point is the people who governed them managed to lift them out of poverty,while at the same time people over here in the west are sliding into poverty, euphemistically called the working poor.

 

Your statement a few posts back that it is tough out there is no comfort to the mother living in her car with her three kids in a supposedly "1st world country".

 

The one thing we both agree on is career politicians and them just being out of touch.

Personally I believe many if them are not just out of touch,they just don't give a rat's arse about the people who elected them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

BIDEN SAYS ASKED PUTIN HOW HE WOULD FEEL IF RUSSIA'S OIL FIELDS WERE HIT BY RANSOMWARE.

 

 

Little different tone than when Dotard was in charge.

Yeah, those are some tough words.

Meanwhile, Biden signed-off on the waiver for Putin's meal-ticket Nordstream2 pipeline to go ahead. Trump didn't and wouldn't. 

But oh, those tough words!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Yeah, those are some tough words.

Meanwhile, Biden signed-off on the waiver for Putin's meal-ticket Nordstream2 pipeline to go ahead. Trump didn't and wouldn't. 

But oh, those tough words!

Pretty sure the US' European allies are in favour of that pipeline. Trump didn't give a flying frack about long standing allies or their economies.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Pretty sure the US' European allies are in favour of that pipeline. Trump didn't give a flying frack about long standing allies or their economies.

Cheaper gas from a hostile state. Kind of defeats the purpose of NATO, doesn't it? Why bother even pretending to play along? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Pretty sure the US' European allies are in favour of that pipeline. Trump didn't give a flying frack about long standing allies or their economies.

Is Canada an ally of the U.S.? You realize the Keystone pipeline is dead, yes? Biden killed it, not Trump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Cheaper gas from a hostile state. Kind of defeats the purpose of NATO, doesn't it? Why bother even pretending to play along? 

They're likely to be less hostile if they have a financial incentive. Russia has no economy apart from exporting energy. The Russian economy is smaller than Italy's.

 

I'd say NATO works pretty well. Article 5 of NATO's Charter has only ever been invoked once. When the allies backed a wounded USA.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Fig said:

Is Canada an ally of the U.S.? You realize the Keystone pipeline is dead, yes? Biden killed it, not Trump. 

You realize every drop of that oil still gets transported south right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

You realize every drop of that oil still gets transported south right?

Why was the pipeline killed? Simple question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

They're likely to be less hostile if they have a financial incentive. Russia has no economy apart from exporting energy. The Russian economy is smaller than Italy's.

 

I'd say NATO works pretty well. Article 5 of NATO's Charter has only ever been invoked once. When the allies backed a wounded USA.

Likely to be less hostile. You mean like fewer cyber-attacks and stuff? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

To what end? 1,444,216,107 people tells me that they didn't take it seriously enough. 

Have you got kids ?

 

I was not interested in being a father until the person I loved the most really wanted a child.

We were in our mid to late forties and after a painfully long process our beautiful son was born.

I have had an incredible life but he is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

 

I to have concerns about over population but to rob people of the greatest joy/gift they can ever receive ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Why was the pipeline killed? Simple question. 

It was killed over environmental concerns. Tar Sands oil isn't exactly Light Sweet Crude.

 

They just had an election down there. Biden campaigned on rejecting it and he got 8 million more votes than the other guy.

 

7 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Likely to be less hostile. You mean like fewer cyber-attacks and stuff? 

 

How about you give it some time and see if those attacks continue at the same pace.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

It was killed over environmental concerns. Tar Sands oil isn't exactly Light Sweet Crude.

 

They just had an election down there. Biden campaigned on rejecting it and he got 8 million more votes than the other guy.

 

How about you give it some time and see if those attacks continue at the same pace.

1. Yeah, the election was a referendum on tar sands oil from Canada. This from a country where less than 1/3 of the country can find Chicago on a map.

 

2. How much time would you like? How much threat/damage are you willing to concede onto the backs of the people of our biggest ally? Your warm and fuzzy 'ally' concerns sure disappeared quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

1. Yeah, the election was a referendum on tar sands oil from Canada. This from a country where less than 1/3 of the country can find Chicago on a map.

 

2. How much time would you like? How much threat/damage are you willing to concede onto the backs of the people of our biggest ally? Your warm and fuzzy 'ally' concerns sure disappeared quickly. 

The election was a referendum on a Reality TV show host masquerading as a President. Turns out his presiding over the deaths of some 500,000 of his own citizens wasn't appreciated. Nor was his never breaking 3% GDP, despite giving massive tax breaks to the uber wealthy and claiming he "created the greatest economy ever".

 

How much time would I like? Well at least more than 12 hours after he was told face to face that there would be considerable consequences for his behaviour if he didn't stop it.

 

Have a good night Jack.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

The election was a referendum on a Reality TV show host masquerading as a President. Turns out his presiding over the deaths of some 500,000 of his own citizens wasn't appreciated. Nor was his never breaking 3% GDP, despite giving massive tax breaks to the uber wealthy and claiming he "created the greatest economy ever".

 

How much time would I like? Well at least more than 12 hours after he was told face to face that they're would be considerable consequences for his behaviour if he didn't stop it.

 

Have a good night Jack.

Good stuff.

I find it strange how both China and Russia are now also morally lecturing the U.S. on it's current societal problems. Think of that ...... China and Russia. And nary a whimper from Joe about it.  

 

You have a good one too, futz. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...