The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, 46th President of the US

2 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

Good stuff.

I find it strange how both China and Russia are now also morally lecturing the U.S. on it's current societal problems. Think of that ...... China and Russia. And nary a whimper from Joe about it.  

You have a good one too, futz. 

Blacker pots calling a black pot black.

During his four years in office Trump changed the landscape of what leaders of countries felt they could get away with.

After all if you don't like the truth it's just fake news ?

Right ?

• Hydration 1
9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Blacker pots calling a black pot black.

During his four years in office Trump changed the landscape of what leaders of countries felt they could get away with.

After all if you don't like the truth it's just fake news ?

Right ?

Sure, it's happening now. They fear no repercussion from this administration. The CCP laid it's marker down in Anchorage when they unzipped their pants and stuck it in Blinken's mouth, and he had nothing to say. Did they ever try that with Pompeo? You know the answer.

Weakness begets abuse. And the U.S. is now in line to receive plenty. 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/obamacare-survives-after-supreme-court-rejects-latest-republican-challenge.html

Obamacare survives after Supreme Court rejects latest Republican challenge

• The Supreme Court ruled against Texas and other Republican-led states seeking to strike down the Affordable Care Act in its latest test before the nation’s highest court.
  • The top court voted 7-2 to reverse an appeals court ruling that had struck down the law’s individual mandate provision.
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/obamacare-survives-after-supreme-court-rejects-latest-republican-challenge.html

Obamacare survives after Supreme Court rejects latest Republican challenge

• The Supreme Court ruled against Texas and other Republican-led states seeking to strike down the Affordable Care Act in its latest test before the nation’s highest court.
  • The top court voted 7-2 to reverse an appeals court ruling that had struck down the law’s individual mandate provision.

Every time something like this happens I go to the Fox FB comment section to read about them seething over it.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think he likes his kids. While Trump did lie his pants off while president, he did so because he refused to listen to anyone and thought he could go it alone, and gave the Americans some really funny stream of consciousness speeches.  

Really? Jinping is a more honest politician? He and his political party have made a career out of deceiving others.

Poverty that occurred because of? The CCP's poor governing, maybe? It's easy to fix a problem that you've allowed to happen and then take credit for it. 

What's the point of this? Will she read my post and be wrought with despair? 

And the majority of people don't do enough to change the systems that are running their lives because the majority of people let government run their lives for them and go on autopilot.

I hope that there's major upheaval of world government in my lifetime. The only way for that to happen is if the majority of people wake up and band together. Sadly, there are way too many fractures that have allowed society to devolve into a tribalistic state where everyone is busy pointing their fingers (more likely their phone cameras) at each other. This keeps everyone nice and segmented, which makes things easier to control. You know, divide and conquer? 

Be very careful of what you wish for. We live in the nuclear age and any upheaval in the system could very well cause nuclear armageddon.

The west need to incentivize the CCP to change instead of villianizing and raising tensions against a nuclear power more than capable of ending the world should they be pushed into a corner. Any change in China's dynasty will inevitably result in a civil war, but now with unaccountable nukes that can be fired anywhere and will be fired everywhere. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Be very careful of what you wish for. We live in the nuclear age and any upheaval in the system could very well cause nuclear armageddon.

The west need to incentivize the CCP to change instead of villianizing and raising tensions against a nuclear power more than capable of ending the world should they be pushed into a corner. Any change in China's dynasty will inevitably result in a civil war, but now with unaccountable nukes that can be fired anywhere and will be fired everywhere. 

Not wishing for nuclear war, but I do realize that it's probably more of a possible reality now that ever. The CCP doesn't seem very interested in changing for anyone, especially their own citizens, who deserve to be able to think, speak and act freely without their government shutting them down. 

My opinion and view of the CCP has been shaped in large part by friends of mine who either knew family who left China, or who left China themselves. They spoke of the feeling of being under surveillance constantly, and that they never truly felt that they could live their life in true freedom. There has to be better way for China to be governed.

• Vintage 3
1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

The west has only been trying to incentivize the ccp's change since the days of Trudeau & Nixon and their policies of "engagement".  The ccp has taken those incentives, and not only shown that they won't change, they've turned around used those incentives against the west.  What were once incentives are now essentially appeasements towards that regime.  I just hope that "engagement" won't one day become "subservience", which is how dynasties of China past have typically handled international relations.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2
2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think he likes his kids. While Trump did lie his pants off while president, he did so because he refused to listen to anyone and thought he could go it alone, and gave the Americans some really funny stream of consciousness speeches.  

Really? Jinping is a more honest politician? He and his political party have made a career out of deceiving others.

Poverty that occurred because of? The CCP's poor governing, maybe? It's easy to fix a problem that you've allowed to happen and then take credit for it. 

What's the point of this? Will she read my post and be wrought with despair? 

And the majority of people don't do enough to change the systems that are running their lives because the majority of people let government run their lives for them and go on autopilot.

I hope that there's major upheaval of world government in my lifetime. The only way for that to happen is if the majority of people wake up and band together. Sadly, there are way too many fractures that have allowed society to devolve into a tribalistic state where everyone is busy pointing their fingers (more likely their phone cameras) at each other. This keeps everyone nice and segmented, which makes things easier to control. You know, divide and conquer? 

you are incredibly delusional about Trump.  He is a sociapathic con man and has always been a sociopathic conman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

The west has only been trying to incentivize the ccp's change since the days of Trudeau & Nixon and their policies of "engagement".  The ccp has taken those incentives, and not only shown that they won't change, they've turned around used those incentives against the west.  What were once incentives are now essentially appeasements towards that regime.  I just hope that "engagement" won't one day become "subservience", which is how dynasties of China past have typically handled international relations.

Then you either have to try again hoping for different results or stop and live with it. Point is the west can't bully a nuclear power into its ideals. For global security and well being, the best we can hope for is a miraculous internal reforms. Given China's history, a soviet style collapse will also cause internal turmoil that is highly likely to spill into the rest of the world. 

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, stawns said:

you are incredibly delusional about Trump.  He is a sociapathic con man and has always been a sociopathic conman.

Sure thing, bruh.

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Then you either have to try against hoping for different results or stop and live with it. Point is the west can't bully a nuclear power into its ideals. For global security and well being, the best we can hope for is a miraculous internal reforms. Given China's history, a soviet style collapse will also cause internal turmoil that is highly likely to spill into the rest of the world. 

Most likely sanctions will be the idea going forward. However, considering how much the rest of the world relies on China's manufacturing sector, that could become very dicey., and end up with a result that is akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

And it would affect a huge amount of people in China who rely on those manufacturing jobs to survive.

I think your idea of an internal reform is probably the most likely outcome. That's a pretty hard thing to do considering how closely the populace is monitored by the government.

The idea of mutually assured destruction is one that no one should consider. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, stawns said:

The delusion is all yours, bud. 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who said he was awesome? You seemingly just picked that one out of thin air. This dealing in absolutes leads to more of that tribalistic mentality that plagues quite a bit of people's thinking regarding politics and life in general.

Clearly he has a documented history of screwing numerous people over far before he took office. Various contractors and tradespeople have proven that more than enough, with their unpaid bills and his legal teams fervent defence of his criminality. 

I don't much care for him as he's a populist who also happens to be a megalomaniac, a combination that more often than not makes big heads bigger, and drains any potential for some personal reflective humility from occurring. 

Personally, I don't think about the guy much at all anymore, for two specific reasons.

1. He's no longer president of the US.
  2. He wants to be on everyone's mind regardless of whether it's positive or negative. Why give him the opportunity?