The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

20 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

If you guys know of somebody who doesn't mind selling out their intellectual or moral integrity, share the ad w/ them

29244418_1880774265288204_3465076986169262080_n.jpg

That last part will have a lot of people stay far, far away.

17 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Soros , the leader of the Democrats and Antifa. 

Spoiler

So shocking that it was posted in September 2017 and it's only now that it's come to your attention?? OMG, OMG, stop the presses!  :rolleyes:

This is the Trump thread, by the way....not the Democratic Party discussion thread.

Edited by Cerridwen
8 hours ago, Dral said:

Well I'm sorry you had to live through that tragedy, but that experience doesn't change facts. It also doesn't change my freedom to have an opinion. A Fetus is alive. The whole "well you could adopt" argument isn't a good one - like I said, there's a huge wait list for families who want to adopt already.

But I do agree with you on one thing... they aren't entirely the same thing... as in the US there are over half a million abortions every year.

Hypothetical question for you and no you can’t change the parameters of this scenario, it’s a straight up either or answer.

You’re in a fertility clinic. Why doesn’t matter. You hear the fire alarm go off and start to run for the exit. Down the hallway you hear a child screaming behind a door. You open the door to find a 5-year old child crying for help. They’re in one corner of the room. In the other corner you spot a frozen container labeled “1000 Viable Human Embryos”. The smoke is rising. You start to choke. You know you can grab one or the other, but not both before you succumb to smoke inhalation and die, saving no one. 

Do you 1) Save the child, or 2) Save the embryos? There is no 3), 3) is you all die.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Russ said:

People in Seattle once asked my cousin if he has polar bears wandering the streets when he told them he was from Vancouver.  He's like "dude its 3 hours north!"

He should have said, that he keeps his chained in the back yard.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

So shocking that it was posted in September 2017 and it's only now that it's come to your attention?? OMG, OMG, stop the presses!  :rolleyes:

This is the Trump thread, by the way....not the Democratic Party discussion thread.

Some people read slowly, no need to be a _____________

51 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

Soros , the leader of the Democrats and Antifa. 

soros race war both sides.jpg

The US has been doing this in the middle east and africa for a while now... (funding both sides, or at least selling weapons / giving training to both sides)

31 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Hypothetical question for you and no you can’t change the parameters of this scenario, it’s a straight up either or answer.

You’re in a fertility clinic. Why doesn’t matter. You hear the fire alarm go off and start to run for the exit. Down the hallway you hear a child screaming behind a door. You open the door to find a 5-year old child crying for help. They’re in one corner of the room. In the other corner you spot a frozen container labeled “1000 Viable Human Embryos”. The smoke is rising. You start to choke. You know you can grab one or the other, but not both before you succumb to smoke inhalation and die, saving no one. 

Do you 1) Save the child, or 2) Save the embryos? There is no 3), 3) is you all die.

:lol:

What race is the child? What sex is the child? What's the socio-economic status of the child? What's the current going rate for 1 "viable human embryo" on the black market? How come my eyesight is so good that I actually read tiny writing through a smoke filled room on a container far enough away that I can't grab it and a child? Why is there a container of 1000 embyros that is actually small and light enough for me to pick up?

Fine, since we're talking about some bizarro science fiction world that wouldn't ever exist and your hypothetical question is so really really ridiculous I laughed so hard, I peed a little bit... I'll take option #2

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This is the thing...

Being against abortion is one thing and I don't really have an issue with people holding their own opinion, even if it runs counter to the law. (I certainly do when it comes to gun laws) However, when you defund Planned Parenthood and attempt to restrict access to contraception, you've pretty much lost the moral high ground.

You certainly do. Your thread attacking religion was locked in about 90 minutes.

This is the thing...

Being against abortion is one thing and I don't really have an issue with people holding their own opinion, even if it runs counter to the law. (I certainly do when it comes to gun laws) However, when you defund Planned Parenthood and attempt to restrict access to contraception, you've pretty much lost the moral high ground.

Ever heard Hitchens talk about Mother Theresa?

23 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You certainly do. Your thread attacking religion was locked in about 90 minutes.

Doesn't mean that I have a problem with people having an opinion. It just means that my opinion is that "thoughts and prayers" are 100% useless. You are free to disagree all you want.

So, as usual, you're incorrect.

• Upvote 3

Jack Kingston is such a dishonest little weasel. "Trump hires the best people, the most qualified. The reason there's all this turnover in 15 months is because he's accomplished so much of his agenda, he needs to bring in the correct people to complete the rest of it."

I'd kick his arse if I had the chance. 

Mostly.

I was speaking of US gun laws, but it's funny that you bring that up. In several "discussions" I've had with some of the nuttier of gun nuts, the argument has been made that as a non US citizen, I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

Of course they don't see the iron of having their own opinion on Russia, or Iran, or North Korea, or China.....

Interesting... so nutty people claim that if you aren't apart of a certain group you can't have an opinion on something...

I like that :lol:

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.
  • -DLC- locked this topic
  • -DLC- unlocked this topic