The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/andrew-mccabe-says-firing-is-part-of-trumps-ongoing-war-with-fbi/ar-BBKke8J?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp

"

Andrew McCabe described his firing Friday as part of President Donald Trump's "ongoing war" with the FBI and special counsel.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired the former FBI deputy director Friday, less than two days shy of his retirement.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said in a statement."

"

"It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work," he added.

McCabe had been regularly taunted by Trump and besieged by accusations that he had misled internal investigators at the Justice Department.

He had been expected to retire Sunday, on his 50th birthday, when he would have become eligible to receive early retirement benefits. His termination could place a portion of his anticipated pension, earned after more than two decades of service, in significant jeopardy"

I wonder how much money McCabe will win in a wrong full dismissal case?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

legal or not depending on where you live doesn't matter. i think abortion as birth control is ok because it is part of women's body and they can do what they want with their bodies.  that's the whole debate. Whose life takes precedence is always the mother. The unborn fetus has no rights. Never should. Once it is born, it does have rights, regardless of how premature, 10 weeks or 26 weeks. 

it's like having to pray to God for all that sperm you wasted jerking off or fertilized egg gone bad because the cryo chamber malfunctioned.  Not all potential life needs to be saved. Our biology dictates that most of us can reproduce and the planet is already over populated beyond our means to keep the pollution down.  

I am absolutely gobsmacked that no-one posted the Monty Python "Every Sperm is Sacred" after reading that...:blink:

On an unrelated note:

image.png.a4be0452137e052c021b7fad390a8465.png

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/andrew-mccabe-says-firing-is-part-of-trumps-ongoing-war-with-fbi/ar-BBKke8J?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp

"

Andrew McCabe described his firing Friday as part of President Donald Trump's "ongoing war" with the FBI and special counsel.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired the former FBI deputy director Friday, less than two days shy of his retirement.

"This attack on my credibility is one part of a larger effort not just to slander me personally, but to taint the FBI, law enforcement, and intelligence professionals more generally," McCabe said in a statement."

"

"It is part of this Administration's ongoing war on the FBI and the efforts of the Special Counsel investigation, which continue to this day. Their persistence in this campaign only highlights the importance of the Special Counsel's work," he added.

McCabe had been regularly taunted by Trump and besieged by accusations that he had misled internal investigators at the Justice Department.

He had been expected to retire Sunday, on his 50th birthday, when he would have become eligible to receive early retirement benefits. His termination could place a portion of his anticipated pension, earned after more than two decades of service, in significant jeopardy"

I would hope that he wins exactly as much as he was due to collect if he lived another 50 years, plus that much again in punitive damages.

But my most fervent hope would be that the little gnome-weasel, Sessions will have to provide evidence to back up the allegations of wrongdoing that led to McCabe's firing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

"

"

$0 - It was his own employees who recommended he be fired.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gurn said:

"

"

Robably be tied up in court for a while and maybe get some of his pension back but I think it was an internal body within the FBI that recommended the firing, which would not be in his favour

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Robably be tied up in court for a while and maybe get some of his pension back but I think it was an internal body within the FBI that recommended the firing, which would not be in his favour

This was easily missed as most MSM outlets were going with the Trump revenge angle versus the guys own company felt he should be fired after an investigation. 

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I would hope that he wins exactly as much as he was due to collect if he lived another 50 years, plus that much again in punitive damages.

But my most fervent hope would be that the little gnome-weasel, Sessions will have to provide evidence to back up the allegations of wrongdoing that led to McCabe's firing.

What a strange thing to say. The FBI did an internal investigation and felt McCabe should be fired but you think he deserves his pension? So you don't agree with the FBI on their investigation? Is it just this investigation you don't like or others? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

What a strange thing to say. The FBI did an internal investigation and felt McCabe should be fired but you think he deserves his pension? So you don't agree with the FBI on their investigation? Is it just this investigation you don't like or others? 

See here's the thing about pensions....you pay into them for X amount of years, with the expectation that there will be a return on those contributions.

I'd like to see some proof of wrongdoing before I make a decision that affects the rest of someone's life, not to mention their career and reputation. YMMV.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

See here's the thing about pensions....you pay into them for X amount of years, with the expectation that there will be a return on those contributions.

I'd like to see some proof of wrongdoing before I make a decision that affects the rest of someone's life, not to mention their career and reputation. YMMV.

remarkable isn't it?

The FBI is so fallible they screw up Hillarys case time after time after time after time.

But they get this right immediately.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

So the FBI is to be trusted or not trusted in their decision with their internal investigation on McCabe? 

I will assume they did their due diligence and made the right decision, just like with the Hillary case. Unless Strozk and Page were in on the investigations. 

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

remarkable isn't it?

The FBI is so fallible they screw up Hillarys case time after time after time after time.

But they get this right immediately.

Do we like the FBI or don't We? I am confused. Seems like many are saying they are corrupt and a mess for recommending his firing.

• Upvote 1

Interesting conversation between Kyle Kulinski and Joe Rogan... Kulinski trashes everyone in this

Warning - Coarse Language

So Trump is really really corrupt, but the Dems don't try to hit him with it because they either want a piece of the action, or don't want to rock the boat...

Also - Rogan is the best source for REAL news ;)

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.
  • -DLC- locked this topic
  • -DLC- unlocked this topic