The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

On 3/17/2018 at 8:29 AM, Warhippy said:

No.  You're a coward pal

You want to dictate what women can and can't do with their body. All while not helping with the issue.  You want the right to tell women they cannot do something you think is wrong but you refuse or are to pathetic to adopt or foster a child in the same breath.  But you don't think that is your duty.  You don't NEED to step up because it's much easier to simply take the choice away from the ONLY people who should rightfully be making it.

Not only a coward but callous, ignorant selfish and kinda stupid as well.

You're basically a waste of my time.  You'll never understand the choices people make and you're to selfishly ignorant to try

Simply put I am done talking to you.  In a just world you would live in constant pain because ignorance like yours deserves to be painful

Now I'm done with you.  Please don't respond to me again.

If you don't like it, hope and pray for change.  Or...maybe try to take my right to voice my experience and opinion away as well.

Good day

Only because this is now the abortion thread...

Want to know what the difference is between science and abortion?

science doesn't say what is right or wrong... science doesn't say make moral arguments, or give judgements... when science does something, the response is always.... ALWAYS... "Hmmm, that's interesting", regardless of the outcome....

You just watched... and enjoyed a video on genocide...

18 minutes ago, Dral said:

Hide contents

science doesn't say what is right or wrong... science doesn't say make moral arguments, or give judgements... when science does something, the response is always.... ALWAYS... "Hmmm, that's interesting", regardless of the outcome....

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Dral said:

Reveal hidden contents

Still poking at a guy who lost a child, eh?

Why would you continue with this... I find it hard to believe that anyone who can keep this up could give two *#cks about the the life of a fetus or anything else for that matter. 

Have a seat and stfu.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

• -DLC- locked this topic
  • -DLC- unlocked this topic
29 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Last week tonight with John Oliver's main bit tonight was on Pence.  The one guy that TRUMP!! cannot fire at all.

I'm convinced making Pence his VP was a stroke of genius.  There are very few people who are as evil as Trump, but Pence qualifies.  The dangerous thing about Pence is that he has more chance of parsing his bigotry into law.  Keeping this piece of trash from being president is the one thing that's ensuring Cheeto Hitler continues to waste oxygen.

I'm sure we've all seen the string of tweets from president Dotard, after the McCabe firing. As usual, he's playing fast and loose with the facts. The Post breaks it all down in this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsfactcheck/fact-checking-trump’s-error-filled-tweetstorm-about-the-mueller-probe/ar-BBKqrC0?li=AArWeBz

In July 2015, the FBI opened a criminal investigation of Clinton’s server. The D.C. field office provided resources and personnel to the email inquiry. In September, Andrew McCabe moved to the FBI’s headquarters, taking the No. 3 position.

In November 2015, Jill McCabe lost her race. Three months later, in February, Andrew McCabe became the FBI’s deputy director and part of an executive team overseeing the Clinton email investigation.

In any case, it’s hard to see how McAuliffe would know that the husband of someone he was supporting in a Virginia legislative race was going to be promoted months later.

Second, the investigation did not start with the dossier written by Steele. (Steele was working for political research firm Fusion GPS, which has a contract with a law firm that worked for the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee.) Instead, it was a tip from the Australian government, which notified U.S. authorities about a drunken conversation between a Trump campaign aide, George Papadopoulos, and an Australian diplomat in May.

Papadopoulos claimed the Russians had “political dirt” on Clinton. The memo released by the Republican majority of the House Intelligence Committee, which Trump has approvingly cited, confirms the counterintelligence investigation of Russian meddling began in July 2016, because of the tip about Papadopoulos. The information in the dossier came to the attention of the FBI later.

Third, there is no evidence the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) application to monitor Carter Page was used to spy on the Trump campaign. On Sept. 26, 2016, Page announced that he was taking “a leave of absence” from the campaign. On Oct. 21, the FBI received a FISA court order to begin surveillance on Page. So that was just days before the election — and after Page was no longer part of the campaign.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm sure we've all seen the string of tweets from president Dotard, after the McCabe firing. As usual, he's playing fast and loose with the facts. The Post breaks it all down in this article:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsfactcheck/fact-checking-trump’s-error-filled-tweetstorm-about-the-mueller-probe/ar-BBKqrC0?li=AArWeBz

Did the FBI recommend his firing? Or are they going to?

Trump's troglodytes sure love their dictators - pretending as if the Russians weren't responsible for that guy and his daughter being poisoned. Granted the Russians know the west cannot and will not do anything hence why they did it anyway. Just imagine this 80 years ago. "Germany declares war on Poland! The Luftwaffe and Wehrmact invade!" "Fake news! Fake news! Show me the proof! German tanks? It's probably the corrupt CIA trying to start a proxy war! Fake news!"

A lesson for all aspiring authors....if you want to sell a lot of books, try and get Cadet Bone Spurs to trash it first:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/18/media/james-comey-book-best-seller/index.html

With an assist from President Trump, James Comey's book is surging on the best sellers list.

The book, "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership," won't be released until April 17.

But on Sunday it was No.1 on Amazon's constantly updated list of best sellers. The ranking reflects a sudden spike in pre-orders. On Saturday morning, it was No. 15.

What caused the spike in the former FBI director's book sales? Well it seems to be related to the president's rhetoric.

:lol:

10 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'm convinced making Pence his VP was a stroke of genius.  There are very few people who are as evil as Trump, but Pence qualifies.  The dangerous thing about Pence is that he has more chance of parsing his bigotry into law.  Keeping this piece of trash from being president is the one thing that's ensuring Cheeto Hitler continues to waste oxygen.

respectfully disagree on that, because there's no way Pence gets the backing of enough moderate republicans. No one would vote for Pence for president in 2020 so there's no reason to back his creepy ideas, he would have no real base for power. Anything he did between Trump's impeachment and the 2020 election would be blocked or undone imo. Don't forget he was Trump's pick not a consensus pick. I think he'd be a meaningless footnote to the Trump nightmare, just a placeholder. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Last week tonight with John Oliver's main bit tonight was on Pence.  The one guy that TRUMP!! cannot fire at all.

Here is a link to buy the Mike Pence's Marlon Bundo book.

Remember folks to get this one, the one with the bow tie. The other one without the bowtie is fake. 

6BK2H2TZXA4F7GKUZ2KXNDNHR4.jpg.e5fa8dbf9436e0926395294c8475ec14.jpg

Edited by Hugor Hill
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

This is funny 

Spoiler

DYqsHscVoAATdfr.thumb.jpeg.d851a3093f5d33408fccc1b7b271b2f7.jpeg

Hilarious :rolleyes:

Pretty sure this is the Trump thread, not the 'Let's Poke Fun At Hilary' thread. We manage to get the thread reopened and you're derailing it.....AGAIN. Well done, old chap, well done.

Edited by Cerridwen

• -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.