Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.


DonLever

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've said it before: Trump and his political enablers will be remembered as the Joe McCarthy's of their day.

 

in fact, someone mentioned just that to Bill Barr and his response was that he didn't care....

I hope these people have painful deaths.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Because his uncle taught at MIT and he was a super genius.

 

Donald J Trump. (the J stands for Jenious) :)

I remember when he first made that statement....i couldn't resist posting the Wile E Coyote meme.....

 

....gotta say though, I'm a bit surprised that we see so few Super jeniuses from the Wharton School of Business.....just "stable" jenisuses, which as far as I'm concerned, refers to the smartest horse in the barn....

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I remember when he first made that statement....i couldn't resist posting the Wile E Coyote meme.....

 

....gotta say though, I'm a bit surprised that we see so few Super jeniuses from the Wharton School of Business.....just "stable" jenisuses, which as far as I'm concerned, refers to the smartest horse in the barn....

I pissed myself when I first him say it. It's not enough that he's a 'genius' he has to be a 'super genius'. He talks like a 5 year old. It's so friggin stupid.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I pissed myself when I first him say it. It's not enough that he's a 'genius' he has to be a 'super genius'. He talks like a 5 year old. It's so friggin stupid.

One thing I'll give Bone Spurs credit for....

 

...he's done quite the job of washing his hands....

 

Spoiler

of responsibility for the poor response to this crisis...

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully history will remember him as the truly pathetic waste of skin that he is.

 

Don’t have much faith in people reading actual factual history.

 

Nevertheless, He’ll lose the election. By a large amount. Then he will be dead, soon after, probably due to a chicken wing getting logged in his aorta.

 

Legs, Toes and fingers crossed.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

I pissed myself when I first him say it. It's not enough that he's a 'genius' he has to be a 'super genius'. He talks like a 5 year old. It's so friggin stupid.


Of course it is. It always had been. Its not just stupid. It’s a phenomenon. 
 

It’s like he’s campaigning with a full fisted crayon. Cute if you’re a 2 year old. Rather disturbing if you’re a racist business failure running on the platform of being an actual business failure. None of this makes sense. 

 

ps. David actually ended up kicking Goliaths ass. Just sayin :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Duodenum said:

 

When rhetoric meets reality. Fox News of all networks should have been the most concerned about this considering the average age of their viewing audience. Hopefully this is a reminder to their viewers that if they want the unadulterated facts, they are not going to get them from the likes of Ingraham and Hannity.

 

Unrelated, but I don't know what it is about Pirro but I just feel like throwing something at whatever screen has her on. I don't understand it, its something that just drives me up the wall. At least with Tucker I know its his face.

Spoiler

5h6pe1hu75n01.jpg

 

Edited by Toews
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Toews said:

When rhetoric meets reality. Fox News of all networks should have been the most concerned about this considering the average age of their viewing audience. Hopefully this is a reminder to their viewers like if they want the unadulterated facts, they are not going to get them from the likes of Ingraham and Hannity.

 

Unrelated, but I don't know what it is about Pirro but I just feel like throwing something at whatever screen has her on. I don't understand it, its something that just drives me up the wall. At least with Tucker I know its his face.

  Hide contents

5h6pe1hu75n01.jpg

 

At least Carlson was one of the first to admit the coronavirus needs to be taken seriously. 

 

Unfortunately, lots of people aren't:

 

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/florida-now-has-more-than-150-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus/

 

Can see that people are still out and about, idiots. Poll showed that only 40% of Repubs cared about the virus. Only 60something% of Democrats. Ridiculous. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

At least Carlson was one of the first to admit the coronavirus needs to be taken seriously. 

 

Unfortunately, lots of people aren't:

 

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/florida-now-has-more-than-150-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus/

 

Can see that people are still out and about, idiots. Poll showed that only 40% of Repubs cared about the virus. Only 60something% of Democrats. Ridiculous. 

 

Its hard for people to give up their freedoms. I am personally looking into herd immunity, maybe me and a few others can purposefully infect ourselves? One of us gets it then we drive up to a remote location somewhere with supplies and ride it out. If you can only get this once it would be well worth the (minuscule) risk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Toews said:

Its hard for people to give up their freedoms. I am personally looking into herd immunity, maybe me and a few others can purposefully infect ourselves? One of us gets it then we drive up to a remote location somewhere with supplies and ride it out. If you can only get this once it would be well worth the (minuscule) risk. 

I don't think it's a good idea but you may find this an interesting read .............

 

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/is-there-a-point-when-the-herd-mentality-argument-makes-a-comeback-20200318

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

At least Carlson was one of the first to admit the coronavirus needs to be taken seriously. 

 

Unfortunately, lots of people aren't:

 

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/florida-now-has-more-than-150-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus/

 

Can see that people are still out and about, idiots. Poll showed that only 40% of Repubs cared about the virus. Only 60something% of Democrats. Ridiculous. 

 

Funny how the big names get a pass from Faux execs, while the smaller fish get thrown under the bus:

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-trump-fox-business-trish-regan-removed-impeachment-conspiracy-a9403011.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -SN- changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...