The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

Bunk looks like a bathtub that got covered up.

Maybe that company Bathfitters  has an offshoot...Prisonfitters?

A service where they come in an reno your bathroom into a prison cell? 

I don't want to think about who their customers would be.

• Upvote 1

Full 1 hour call. Minimal commentary by the host. Trump was trying to bait the Georgia folks into saying something he could use imo. Long story short, Trump gets increasingly agitated, gets called out a few times then quickly changes subject, Georgia seems to have access to data that Trump's team does not due to confidentiality laws. Georgia's lawyers are going to meet with Trump's team to explain why Trump's allegations are incorrect.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Never thought I would ever agree on anything with Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-election-defense-secretaries-public-letter/index.html

When Dick Cheney has the moral high ground over you....you know you’re #&*$&*$* up.:lol:

Just make sure when you go hunting with him....you put on a kevlar full bodysuit.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

When Dick Cheney has the moral high ground over you....you know you’re #&*$&*$* up.:lol:

Just make sure when you go hunting with him....you put on a kevlar full bodysuit.

Yup, this guy was the architect of Iraq catastrophe, when we agree with someone like him.

I mean, this just goes to show you what colossal piece of $&!# Trump is!

• Hydration 2

21 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yup, this guy was the architect of Iraq catastrophe, when we agree with someone like him.

I mean, this just goes to show you what colossal piece of $&!# Trump is!

Pelosi needs to set up another impeachment vote over the Georgia phone call. The creep has 16+ days left, who knows what he's willing to do next.

I wonder how many other calls like that were made? I'm guessing at least 4, maybe 5 more states. 

• Hydration 3

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Pelosi needs to set up another impeachment vote over the Georgia phone call. The creep has 16+ days left, who knows what he's willing to do next.

I wonder how many other calls like that were made? I'm guessing at least 4, maybe 5 more states. 

There's talk of censuring Trump. Not like that's going to stop him. 

If it's possible to bump up the inauguration date they need to do that and inaugurate Biden/Harris by the end of the week.

The WaPo is reporting that Trump plans on awarding the Medal of Freedom to Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan :sick::

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-to-give-ally-nunes-the-presidential-medal-of-freedom/ar-BB1crglN?li=AAggNb9

President Trump on Monday is expected to give Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor, according to someone familiar with the plans.

Nunes is a close ally of the president, and one of Trump’s most vocal supporters in his quest to undermine the Justice Department’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

During an interview with “Fox & Friends” in October 2018, Trump criticized the investigation of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and praised Nunes, then the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, who had repeatedly accused FBI and Justice Department investigators of being biased against Trump. In the Fox News interview, Trump initially — and incorrectly — called for Nunes to receive the Medal of Honor, which is awarded for acts of military valor, before correcting himself and suggesting that Nunes receive the Medal of Freedom.

“What he’s gone through, and his bravery, he should get a very important medal,” Trump said.

Nunes has long supported some of Trump’s more outlandish conspiracy theories, including claiming that the intelligence community improperly “unmasked” the identities of several officials working on Trump’s presidential transition.

Trump — who is using his final days in the White House in part to reward friends and allies with pardons and other decorations — is also expected to give Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), another confidant, the same award next week, although those plans have not yet been finalized.

After giving Rush Limbaugh the award and now planning to give it to these two sycophants, Trump has single handedly destroyed the meaning of this honor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The WaPo is reporting that Trump plans on awarding the Medal of Freedom to Devin Nunes and Jim Jordan :sick::

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/trump-to-give-ally-nunes-the-presidential-medal-of-freedom/ar-BB1crglN?li=AAggNb9

After giving Rush Limbaugh the award and now planning to give it to these two sycophants, Trump has single handedly destroyed the meaning of this honor.

Easy for me to say, but if i had previously been awarded that medal i would consider returning it

• Hydration 3

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Never thought I would ever agree on anything with Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-election-defense-secretaries-public-letter/index.html

This should make people nervous!

They're calling on people in the Defense Department and Armed Forces to not do anything and "refrain from any political actions". This makes it sound like some of the reports about trumpf starting a war in a desperate bid to keep power may be true.

I personally think that trumpf qualifies as a domestic threat.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Hydration 1

31 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

They're calling on people in the Defense Department and Armed Forces to not do anything and "refrain from any political actions". This makes it sound like some of the reports, about trumpf starting a war in a desperate to keep power, may be true.

I've been calling that piece of subhuman garbage a terrorist ever since he was encouraging assault at his Nazi style rallies.  There can be absolutely no doubt now.  A pardon can't save him against the Hauge stepping in and ending his miserable excuse for a life.  Hopefully whatever means of execution is used is slow and painful.

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

There's talk of censuring Trump. Not like that's going to stop him. 

If it's possible to bump up the inauguration date they need to do that and inaugurate Biden/Harris by the end of the week.

Unless I’m incorrect, I don’t think the date can be changed. I believe it’s constitutionally set per the 12th Amendment. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The medal of freedom will forever be tainted by awarding it to these two sackless dicks. 

38 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

They're calling on people in the Defense Department and Armed Forces to not do anything and "refrain from any political actions". This makes it sound like some of the reports, about trumpf starting a war in a desperate to keep power, may be true.

A clear and present danger, without a doubt. 

7 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

dc766cf.jpg

One *BIG* diffference between Nixon & Urine man....

Nixon *VOLUNTEERED* to fight in WWII.  He could've gotten a draft exemption (religous exemption as he was a Quaker) but he chose to fight for his country.   Urine man got his rich daddy to write him a doctor's note.  

• Hydration 3

Well, I took the time to listen to the whole Trump call to Raffensberger and a few things were evident:

1. Trump is insane. Like really, really insane.

2. He sees himself as the most powerful person in the world.

3. He has no logical response to factual information, so he just repeats and repeats and repeats the same cliches, like: I won Georgia by a lot. I won by hundreds of thousands of votes. Can you just find me 11,780 votes? I see dead people voting. Why don't you want to make this right?

4. He talks like a mobster, but not a very effective or compelling one.

5. His underlings are quite ridiculous.

6. He spoke uninterrupted for the first 12:51 of the call. I think this shows that he believes that as long as he is doing the talking, everyone will just agree with him. When people do disagree with him, he just repeats his argument again, seemingly without remembering that he is repeating himself over and over.

7. True to past form, he provides no documentary evidence of anything, instead promising that evidence is coming soon. (It isn't because it doesn't.)

8. Incredibly, he will somehow escape the repercussions of trying to tamper with an election.

• Hydration 4

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.