The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

7 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Well, I took the time to listen to the whole Trump call to Raffensberger and a few things were evident:

1. Trump is insane. Like really, really insane.

2. He sees himself as the most powerful person in the world.

3. He has no logical response to factual information, so he just repeats and repeats and repeats the same cliches, like: I won Georgia by a lot. I won by hundreds of thousands of votes. Can you just find me 11,780 votes? I see dead people voting. Why don't you want to make this right?

4. He talks like a mobster, but not a very effective or compelling one.

5. His underlings are quite ridiculous.

6. He spoke uninterrupted for the first 12:51 of the call. I think this shows that he believes that as long as he is doing the talking, everyone will just agree with him. When people do disagree with him, he just repeats his argument again, seemingly without remembering that he is repeating himself over and over.

7. True to past form, he provides no documentary evidence of anything, instead promising that evidence is coming soon. (It isn't because it doesn't.)

8. Incredibly, he will somehow escape the repercussions of trying to tamper with an election.

He has all the traits of a narcissist and a psychopath.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/communication-success/201810/7-characteristics-the-modern-psychopath

• Vintage 2

14 hours ago, gurn said:

Bunk looks like a bathtub that got covered up.

14 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Maybe that company Bathfitters  has an offshoot...Prisonfitters?

A service where they come in an reno your bathroom into a prison cell? 

I don't want to think about who their customers would be.

Don't Dis Jail jail is awesome - ricky trailer park boys | Meme Generator

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Here is a 4min edited version of the call. I haven't heard the full hour long version yet. I'm assuming this is a 'highlights' version.

What.... a.... Whiney.... small... little.... tiny... b!tch baby...

I almost felt sorry for him. Right up until I didn’t. 

what a joke of a man.

Edited by Canorth
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Unlike alot. He'd do the right thing. 

if thats true, why do so many US evangelicals love Trump? Jesus would not be standing with Trump, everyone knows that. 

• Hydration 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if thats true, why do so many US evangelicals love Trump? Jesus would not be standing with Trump, everyone knows that. 

Evangelicals are sheep.

There is nothing Christian about them.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Canorth said:

Evangelicals are sheep.

There is nothing Christian about them.

yeah if there was ever the time to dig up the quote about false idols, its for Trump.

I just don't understand the turning of the blind eye to Trumps cruelty and total mismanagement of the covid response. How is that a requirement of being religious? its baffling to me. 

We also know that TRUMP and co were calling other officials.  There was the the time when TRUMP called Arizona's Governor Ducey during the election certification, but it was claimed that TRUMP didn't ask to overturn the results (Ya right).  https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2020/12/02/arizona-gov-doug-ducey-confirms-trump-called-during-vote-certification/3802735001/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/white-house-made-18-previous-attempts-to-call-raffensperger.html

White House Made 18 Previous Attempts to Call Georgia’s Secretary of State

During a surreal, hour-long phone call on Saturday, President Trump repeatedly badgered Georgia secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to overturn the state’s election results, insisting that he “find” 11,780 of votes that would prove Trump’s actually beat Joe Biden in November.

Trump seemed to have left his coup request until the last minute, but it wasn’t for lack of previous effort. Several outlets reported on Monday that the call was the White House’s 19th attempt to reach Raffensperger directly since the election, more than two months ago.

An adviser to Raffensperger — a deeply conservative official who has become something of a liberal favorite for exposing Senator Lindsey Graham’s attempts to subvert the election, and for generally sticking to his guns on the matter of Georgia’s election integrity — told Politico that the secretary of State was understandably worried that “he would be unethically pressured by the president” during such a conversation, which probably explains why he was screening calls with a 202 area code so aggressively.

Fully aware of what a conversation with Trump was likely to entail, Raffensperger’s team decided to record Saturday’s call, then wait to see if Trump would mischaracterize the proceedings publicly. When the president inevitably did just that, the president’s not-so-perfect phone call was revealed to the world.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Roe v Wade.They're willing to look the other way on just about anything, if they believe Trump's SCOTUS appointments (and lower court appointments as well) will lead to the eventual overturning of R v W.

Same with baking cakes for gay people, etc. They literally want to abolish the separation between church and state....

yeah I hear sprinkles makes one drop trou. 

• Hydration 1

16 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Pelosi needs to set up another impeachment vote over the Georgia phone call. The creep has 16+ days left, who knows what he's willing to do next.

I wonder how many other calls like that were made? I'm guessing at least 4, maybe 5 more states. 

You have no idea how many people that I have talked to, know exactly how many days Trump has left in the office.

Never happened before, even under Bush administration which was awful, people weren’t counting down the days.

That just tells you, how unhinged this guy has become and how nervous population is getting.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Trump lawyer Lin Wood going absolutely bonkers on Twitter............

There's more but you get the idea. That's the lawyer for the President. But at least he doesn't sweat hair dye.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

If you are able to, I implore you to watch CNN right now. 

Gabriel Sterling, the Georgia Voting System Implementation Manager, is going point by point and conspiracy by conspiracy and refuting every insane thing the President or internet morons have put out there. 

He is the king of snark! :lol:

This will be one of those remembered press conferences. 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump lawyer Lin Wood going absolutely bonkers on Twitter............

There's more but you get the idea. That's the lawyer for the President. But at least he doesn't sweat hair dye.

Wait a minute....hasn't Bone Spurs flown on Epstein's private jet.....and been to the island?:unsure:

• Hydration 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.