The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Well Cleta Deatherage has very interesting maiden name that’s for sure.

Hails from dust bowl aka Oklahoma, first husband came out as gay and divorced her and second one is convicted  felon and fraudster.

I think she fits right in!

The sad fact is, I'm a life long Sooners football fan....:blush:

The only other good things I can think of that come out of Oklahoma are Interstates 35 and 40....

Radical Left Democrats demand that the FBI (Fake Bureau of Investigation) open a case as a result of the "Perfect" phone by President Trump to RINO Brad Raffensperger:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/democrats-ask-fbi-to-investigate-trump-s-georgia-phone-call/ar-BB1csS09?li=AAggFp4

That's my best Faux News Headline....

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if thats true, why do so many US evangelicals love Trump? Jesus would not be standing with Trump, everyone knows that. 

I agree with you on that.  Jesus wasn't about politics neither was he about religion. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Biggest missed marketing opportunity in NHL history:  Satan not playing for New Jersey. Think of the headlines....... "Niedermayer says: The Rangers may have God on their side, But Satan has a better shot and is harder on the puck."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftUR6AFTNMA

You know, it is one thing to know Trump is a liar and a cheat

That he and Guliani are crazy

But I just can not wrap my head around the fact that 49.9% of America think he is a better alternative than Biden

I just can not understand this......

I have worked in the community and have dealt with some pretty strange dudes........but have never came across more than a handful of people in my whole life that could not be reasoned with. But these Republican supporters are just bat $$&!# crazy to want him or his crony's in power.

It is mind boggling! :picard:

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, it is one thing to know Trump is a liar and a cheat

That he and Guliani are crazy

But I just can not wrap my head around the fact that 49.9% of America think he is a better alternative than Biden

I just can not understand this......

I have worked in the community and have dealt with some pretty strange dudes........but have never came across more than a handful of people in my whole life that could not be reasoned with. But these Republican supporters are just bat $$&!# crazy to want him or his crony's in power.

It is mind boggling! :picard:

I’m sure many republicans that voted for Trump really hate him but they hate the Dems even more.  That’s the problem when you’ve only got 2 parties in the country.  They really need a third party that’s close to center.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The only other good things I can think of that come out of Oklahoma are Interstates 35 and 40....

Unfortunately lot of great sports cities in all major sports are $&!#holes!

• Hydration 1
16 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I’m sure many republicans that voted for Trump really hate him but they hate the Dems even more.  That’s the problem when you’ve only got 2 parties in the country.  They really need a third party that’s close to center.

I don't buy that and I will tell you why......

Simply put, many families have Dems and Reps in the same household, they have aunts and uncles on both sides of the fence, they have neighbors they talk to every morning and wave at every day, and who they know vote for the other side....they know that Dems are not crazy nor wishing them harm, but yet they still support Trump, despite all his failures and personal demons........

I think you are right about a centralist party, but there have been those parties in the past and they never gain steam.....there is a real betrayal of their own morals, ethics and integrity.

A real ignorance

The only way this changes is if enough Republicans, say enough is enough and vote every Trumplidog out of power. We shall see on the 6th, whether people have lost their patience or their minds!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Hydration 2
11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't buy that and I will tell you why......

Simply put, many families have Dems and Reps in the same household, they have aunts and uncles on both sides of the fence, they have neighbors they talk to every morning and wave at every day, and who they know vote for the other side....they know they Dems are not crazy nor wishing them harm, but yet they still support Trump, despite all his failures and personal demons........

I think you are right about a centralist party, but there have been those parties in the past and they never gain steam.....there is a real betrayal of their own morals and integrity.

A real ignorance

The only way this changes is if enough Republicans, say enough is enough and vote every Trumplidog out of power. We shall see on the 6th, whether people have lost their patience or their mind!

Lot of ignorant and uneducated people.

When I rolled in the U.S, I took a job to help my dad out since he didn’t speak English.

The guy that I worked with could not believe that I enrolled in college right away but also he was flabbergasted that I knew a lot about American music, sports, culture, TV etc.

It’s normal for Europeans to speak few languages also growing up of course we listened to the music, watched movies, sports etc.

I ran into old ass people in Europe who spoke better English than many Americans.

On the other hand, very few Americans speak anything else besides English.

Same goes for Canadians, while most you are very familiar with the U.S, most here could care less about Canada.

Make a long story short, when you grow up in the most influential country on the planet, you don’t really feel the need to know what is going on in the world. That transfers in you becoming not interested in your own politics and becoming ignorant.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Hydration 3
2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Good ol Jim Ross... greatest wrestling match caller of all time.

• Hydration 1
40 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't use the facepalm emojo much...

...but this story...well..

:picard:

‘Amen and Awomen’: U.S. Congressman mocked for gendered prayer finale

https://globalnews.ca/news/7553949/amen-awomen-prayer-congress/

The very fact that they invent outrage over such a small word, yet dismiss the garbage that has come out of the mouths of Trump, Giuliani, Nunez, etc, just shows how very out of touch, these Republicans are..........

I have always said, that Americans need to look no further than their own mirrors to see fanaticism, and they are truly no better, and may even be worse than those in the Arabic countries that shout "Death to Americans"

I am sure the hatred is so bad, there is a group of Americans chanting "Death to Democrats" ...it will be a while before you hear "America the Great" said with a straight face.

• Hydration 1
50 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I don't use the facepalm emojo much...

...but this story...well..

:picard:

‘Amen and Awomen’: U.S. Congressman mocked for gendered prayer finale

https://globalnews.ca/news/7553949/amen-awomen-prayer-congress/

This guy should move to Peopletoba....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.