The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

12 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Why do you think this is ?

It is because as I have stated they hold themselves apart and tell everyone else they were chosen by a god.

I live in a country that consists of 200 nationalities,it is 66 percent multicultural.

I have seen and am seeing more of these nationalities marrying each other.

Yet is still virtually impossible for me or anyone else to marry an Israeli unless I convert to their ridiculous beliefs.

Chomsky,the only real great mind amongst those you mentioned, himself has been very critical of Israeli policies, and has been demonised throughout the Israeli community.

Basically if you don't agree with them you are branded an anti-semite.

I am a humanist.

I know that we all have an equal right to share this planet.

I also know,99.999999 percent recurring that on the very remote chance that there is a god he did not choose one group of people over others.

To me they represent the ultimate example of the reason why we have and will continue to be just a disparate group of communities effing with each other,the other species we share the planet with and the very planet itself,rather than one big community working together to benefit ourselves and the rest of the species we share this beautiful planet with.

I think centuries of oppression and hostilities have created what you are talking about.

Pati Jinich is a celebrity chef from Mexico and she is Jewish, her husband is also Jewish.

Now in Mexico 0.01% population is Jewish, imagine how hard was to find another Jewish person to marry.

In my neck of the woods, Indians exhibit similar traits when it comes to marriage.

You rarely see any of them marry outside of their group and if they do it’s usually to a white person.

Also we have very sizable Muslim population and so many of them that marry non Muslim wives convert them to Islam.

You see lot of that in Europe as well, also if your mother is Jewish you are Jewish as well, usually you “take over” your fathers religion but not in this case.

31 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Questions for anyone:

1) Has the $15/hr minimum wage remained in the COVID Bill, that was passed by the House

2) Where the fck has @nuckin_futz been? That guy is an unmatched force, in this thread, in regards on economy info... miss his presence 

3) Why does Nobody give a fck when @Canorth has been missing for a length of time? 

Your friend,

Anonymous Jack

Been quite busy lately. I'll try to pop in more regularly. I do enjoy this thread a lot. If ya need me just holler. I'm never too far away. :)

• Hydration 3
51 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think what you're forgetting here is the context of when the statement was made...Cruz obviously saw the chance of losing his title and redoubled his efforts.

I think that to be fair, we'll have to wait until Missouri is devastated by multiple tornadoes and see how long it takes Hawley to make a big investment in Mobile Home construction....

What I believe you are missing, is... it is baked into the context of any discussion of the Face Punchability of Cruz, that when he is confronted with the possibility of losing the title... he has always demonstrated a couple extra gears in which he can perform his craft, and maintain that title, for example: green eggs and ham... his wife has the face of a dog... joking about abandoning his constituents during a crisis 

Granted...Hawley, has a face that I want to slap bloody every time I see him; nevertheless, he is only one up and comer out of a huge field of candidates that are equally talented, for example: Geatz, Slapp, Gym etc... sure Hawley is demonstrating a very high level of skill in his craft. However, until he can show that he has the longevity of wormyness and consistent rattyiness, and sell-embarrassments.... that Cruz has demonstrated, over a much longer career, then he’s just a one hit wonder 

Anyways, No doubt they will both give future material to this debate... so we’ll see what happens. 

But as it stands, I maintain:

I win...you clearly lose

Cheers

C

• Haha 1

BTW folks, don't forget to mark Thursday the 4th on your calendar....

...that's the day the "Q" clowns make complete fools of themselves....and then suffer crushing disappointment....(again)....

• Hydration 2

BUY AMERICAN??

The life-size statue of former President Donald Trump that was displayed at the Conservative Political Action Conference was actually made in Mexico, Politico's Playbook reported.

The artist who made it, Tommy Zegan, is an ex-pat living in Mexico. Zegan told Politico that he spent more than six months making it with the help of three men in Rosarito, Mexico.

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Jesus I forgot how insufferable this dude is

Incredible. After the last month,, I was measured by my Physician to be   4” smarter. Now, after listening to this Clown, for 60 minutes.... I definitely feel like I’ll be about 6-8” dumber...

Good luck, tomorrow... my employer 

Ever since that piece of $&!# has vacated the office, I have not heard/read single word from him.

My sanity, blood pressure and digestive tract are very grateful.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
17 hours ago, Canorth said:

What I believe you are missing, is... it is baked into the context of any discussion of the Face Punchability of Cruz, that when he is confronted with the possibility of losing the title... he has always demonstrated a couple extra gears in which he can perform his craft, and maintain that title, for example: green eggs and ham... his wife has the face of a dog... joking about abandoning his constituents during a crisis 

Granted...Hawley, has a face that I want to slap bloody every time I see him; nevertheless, he is only one up and comer out of a huge field of candidates that are equally talented, for example: Geatz, Slapp, Gym etc... sure Hawley is demonstrating a very high level of skill in his craft. However, until he can show that he has the longevity of wormyness and consistent rattyiness, and sell-embarrassments.... that Cruz has demonstrated, over a much longer career, then he’s just a one hit wonder 

Anyways, No doubt they will both give future material to this debate... so we’ll see what happens. 

But as it stands, I maintain:

I win...you clearly lose

Cheers

C

You asked why nobody seems to GAF when you disappear for a while..... ^^^^^ there's your answer.....<_<

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

"Election Integrity".....:picard:

Tell us again why we shouldn't call Trump supporters "stupid"....:rolleyes:

• Vintage 1

Not sure how many of us watched "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" last night, but Oliver basically tore Cops a new one....

His "main story" was about Police Raids and how they are abused by law enforcement, resulting in needless injuries and deaths every year. The vast majority are drug raids and as Oliver pointed out, the bar for obtaining permission to carry out these raids is ridiculously low...in most cases, police just need to show a reasonable suspicion. In one case that Oliver pointed out, a known drug user had told a cop that he bought cocaine at a certain residence. Not surprisingly, he was either lying or mistaken.

In one rather horrific case, the cops tossed in a flash-bang grenade, which landed in the crib of a sleeping toddler. (Once again, a case of the wrong address)

In another case, the person who lived at the address had a security camera. The cops asked him for the code so they could view their storming of his home and see how "cool" it looked. The camera clearly shows the cops all staring at the video, while the wrongly accused home owner sits handcuffed in a chair....:picard:

Oliver also pointed out the difference between "no knock" and "knock and announce" warrants. Most people would expect the use of "knock and announce" to cut down on tragedies like Breonna Taylor's, but as Oliver explained, the difference between the two is negligible.

One thing that was also striking is that in a country with so many "Stand your ground" laws, homeowners have next to no rights in these situations. Breonna Taylor's boyfriend thought it was a home invasion and fired at police. He was charged with attempted murder. (a charge that was later dropped, thanks to the amount of publicity the case garnered. Unfortunately, as Oliver showed, this is not the usual case)

In the end, Oliver calls for an end to police raids for drug offenses. An assessment I agree with whole heartedly.

However, what I expect is backlash. Both from Police unions, who undoubtedly feel they're being "unfairly attacked" (again) and the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd, who seem to automatically circle the wagons whenever law enforcement comes in for criticism....except of course, when the law enforcement officers are standing in the way of "Patriots" attempting an insurrection....

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not sure how many of us watched "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" last night, but Oliver basically tore Cops a new one....

His "main story" was about Police Raids and how they are abused by law enforcement, resulting in needless injuries and deaths every year. The vast majority are drug raids and as Oliver pointed out, the bar for obtaining permission to carry out these raids is ridiculously low...in most cases, police just need to show a reasonable suspicion. In one case that Oliver pointed out, a known drug user had told a cop that he bought cocaine at a certain residence. Not surprisingly, he was either lying or mistaken.

In one rather horrific case, the cops tossed in a flash-bang grenade, which landed in the crib of a sleeping toddler. (Once again, a case of the wrong address)

In another case, the person who lived at the address had a security camera. The cops asked him for the code so they could view their storming of his home and see how "cool" it looked. The camera clearly shows the cops all staring at the video, while the wrongly accused home owner sits handcuffed in a chair....:picard:

Oliver also pointed out the difference between "no knock" and "knock and announce" warrants. Most people would expect the use of "knock and announce" to cut down on tragedies like Breonna Taylor's, but as Oliver explained, the difference between the two is negligible.

One thing that was also striking is that in a country with so many "Stand your ground" laws, homeowners have next to no rights in these situations. Breonna Taylor's boyfriend thought it was a home invasion and fired at police. He was charged with attempted murder. (a charge that was later dropped, thanks to the amount of publicity the case garnered. Unfortunately, as Oliver showed, this is not the usual case)

In the end, Oliver calls for an end to police raids for drug offenses. An assessment I agree with whole heartedly.

However, what I expect is backlash. Both from Police unions, who undoubtedly feel they're being "unfairly attacked" (again) and the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd, who seem to automatically circle the wagons whenever law enforcement comes in for criticism....except of course, when the law enforcement officers are standing in the way of "Patriots" attempting an insurrection....

Thoughts?

Its a good thing hbo has john olivers back historically,  because i can see police unions creating a huge stir of this. Havent seen it yet but I always enjoy his work

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.