The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

DonLever

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So uhh...it's March 4th....where's the earth shattering kaboom of presidential inauguration?

Isn't Trump supposed to be annointed or something?

Like Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, they might have misjudged the calendar (Ides of March is March 15).  Bibulus did not take into consideration that the Roman calendar was 'off' that year (he thought it was winter - horrible time for a navy then to be on the seas - so he stopped his blockade of the seas to get provisions for his navy).  Caesar, was the 'senator' in charge of setting the calendar "right" every year.  He had other things on his mind & didn't adjust the official calendar (and thus the *actually* the fall instead of winter).  Thus, Caesar was able to send his army via whatever fleet he could muster to go after Pompey without having to deal with a naval blockade.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So uhh...it's March 4th....where's the earth shattering kaboom of presidential inauguration?

Isn't Trump supposed to be annointed or something?

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Delays, Delays by TamarinFrog on DeviantArt

Here, I found you some kaboom!

image.jpeg.681eaace902023d94573fd3bc547f016.jpeg

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Little Johnson from cheese state is forcing the entire Covid bill to be red out loud.

All 600 pages or so, this piece of $&!# has been trying to block any type of relief.

Unless of course its the tax break for the rich, in that case vote away!

These &^@#ing GOP scumbags are turning me into person that I don’t want to be.

Person that is wishing bad things on people.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics/ron-johnson-wisconsin-republican-stimulus-debate/index.html

Edited by CBH1926
  • Hydration 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Wonder what the car ride home was like for these Q morons who showed up at the Capitol thinking they were going to witness history.   All they got was internet infamy.  

1c9a04d.jpg

Was something suppose to happen today?

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

Was something suppose to happen today?

Is this sarcasm? It's hard to tell on an internet forum....:unsure:

Something was "supposed" to happen yesterday.....but only if you're a tinfoil wearing doofus....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Is this sarcasm? It's hard to tell on an internet forum....:unsure:

Something was "supposed" to happen yesterday.....but only if you're a tinfoil wearing doofus....

That's what I meant.  Were those expecting something to happen yesterday?

Just now, BoKnows said:

That's what I meant.  Were those expecting something to happen yesterday?

I think what most folks expected to happen is exactly what did happen....^_^ It's only the select few, like the dolts shown in Destroyer's post that expected any different.

It's kind of depressing actually....those people are probably back home today, working and carrying on in a completely normal manner....yet they've fallen so far down the political rabbit hole, they made a special trip to the Capitol what witness what any four year old with a lick of sense could have told them wasn't going to happen....:picard:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think what most folks expected to happen is exactly what did happen....^_^ It's only the select few, like the dolts shown in Destroyer's post that expected any different.

It's kind of depressing actually....those people are probably back home today, working and carrying on in a completely normal manner....yet they've fallen so far down the political rabbit hole, they made a special trip to the Capitol what witness what any four year old with a lick of sense could have told them wasn't going to happen....:picard:

Yes I understand that but what were they expecting to happen?

Just now, BoKnows said:

Yes I understand that but what were they expecting to happen?

The dolts?

Pretty much the same as the 6th....mass arrests of Democrats and media....Trump returning and becoming the 18th or 19th president. (Apparently US Grant was the last legit POTUS, but I can't remember if he was 17 or 18)

Not exactly sure how they decide Trump's 45th administration is more legit than say, W's 43rd....but common sense is anything but common with these folks.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I too didn't kill innocent people.

Praise me

So refreshing on here to see criticism of policies/media coverage/announcements etc of Biden. This is how politics should work. Would be nice to see the right act like this and flush their stupid idolatry of one man.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/gop-groups-quiet-as-donor-accused-of-running-biggest-tax-fraud-scheme-ever.html

GOP groups quiet as billionaire donor stands accused of running biggest tax fraud scheme ever

• The billionaire accused of running the biggest tax fraud scheme in U.S. history was a prolific donor to Republican groups and causes.
  • The leaders of those organizations have kept quiet on the accusations against him.
  • Robert Brockman, the former CEO of Ohio-based software company Reynolds & Reynolds, was charged in October for running a $2 billion tax fraud scheme.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I too didn't kill innocent people.

Praise me

Why do I get the feeling that this is a ruse by Biden's administration to make him seem like a kindler, gentler infidel?

• Haha 1

• DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.