The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Those sneaky no good Dems!  (on any cheques from the Feds):

:P

biden.jpeg

My wife hates that I pronounce cheque as cheqqqeee, very drawn out.

She says “you know it’s pronounced check” I have been doing it for 20 years, drives her nuts!

• Haha 3
On 3/12/2021 at 12:53 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Two different people but your point is well taken....they're both useless (a word that I can't include, but it rhymes with "bunts")....

Punts?

20 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Remember Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister ?

You can't rip polies more than those shows did.

My favourite two shows. I can't imagine making something funny out of something so dry. But they were geniuses. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Cancel culture from KKKristians banned yoga in Alabama public schools for multiple decades:

https://abc13.com/alabama-yoga-ban-banned-schools-in-school-gym-class/10414572/

(but it's the Libs that are representative of cancel culture right?

14 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Cancel culture from KKKristians banned yoga in Alabama public schools for multiple decades:

(but it's the Libs that are representative of cancel culture right?)

Very strange that the the bill to allow it has a clause that the moves and exercises taught to students must have exclusively English names. I know nothing about yoga but is the original name for the downward dog somehow dirtier or more suggestive? 

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

(but it's the Libs that are representative of cancel culture right?)

and how about the pesky allied forces cancelling out the Nazi's?  Eisenhower was a RINO

Edited by stawns
  • Hydration 2
18 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Tomi has a role in the upcoming movie Roe v Wade which was premiered at cpac.

Bunch of conservative morons who are trying to twist that court decision to suit their views.

To quote a great man 

" If you think her reproductive rights are inconsequent you're wrong".

This is one issue I am still concerned might happen,that the supreme Court/morons will overturn that decision.

Isn’t it amazing that most of the women who are against abortion are women you wouldn’t want to get pregnant anyway?

-George Carlin

The world would be a better place if Tomi's, ACB's, and Kavannaugh's parents had been pro-choice and made the correct decision to abort the subhuman pieces of garbage they raised.  If you're going to teach your kid being a Nazi **** like these scumbags is acceptable, you should not reproduce under any circumstances.

57 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The world would be a better place if Tomi's, ACB's, and Kavannaugh's parents had been pro-choice and made the correct decision to abort the subhuman pieces of garbage they raised.  If you're going to teach your kid being a Nazi **** like these scumbags is acceptable, you should not reproduce under any circumstances.

Check out the lyrics to the song You're Wrong by NOFX.

I think it will be right up your alley.

Those words I quoted and your belief that those "scumbags" should not reproduce are all in there plus more I think you will agree with.

On 3/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, 4petesake said:

Very strange that the the bill to allow it has a clause that the moves and exercises taught to students must have exclusively English names. I know nothing about yoga but is the original name for the downward dog somehow dirtier or more suggestive? 

You do know that the KKK and the Jim Crow act were both Democrats creations I hope.

6 minutes ago, wizardB said:

You do know that the KKK and the Jim Crow act were both Democrats creations I hope.

Not to fear, I’m very much an equal opportunity protester/complainer.

• Hydration 1
15 minutes ago, wizardB said:

You do know the Dixiecrats (*THOSE* Democrats) went to the GOP in droves during the Civil Rights legislation laws/acts do you?  Jeebus, when Charlton Heston was in favor of Civil Rights, you know you're on the wrong side:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 2
18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You do know the Dixiecrats (*THOSE* Democrats) went to the GOP in droves during the Civil Rights legislation laws/acts do you?  Jeebus, when Charlton Heston was in favor of Civil Rights, you know you're on the wrong side:

Charlton Heston.  Sidney Poitier.  Marlon Brando.  Harry Belafonte.  James Baldwin.

That's a pretty impressive discussion panel!

• Hydration 2
19 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Charlton Heston.  Sidney Poitier.  Marlon Brando.  Harry Belafonte.  James Baldwin.

That's a pretty impressive discussion panel!

People shouldn't forget that Heston (however one may feel how he acted at the end of his life re: NRA) was marching in those rallies before it became 'fashionable':

March on Washington in 1963:

1963_march11_ap_328.jpg

• Vintage 1
1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

People shouldn't forget that Heston (however one may feel how he acted at the end of his life re: NRA) was marching in those rallies before it became 'fashionable':

March on Washington in 1963:

1963_march11_ap_328.jpg

I was impressed by how honest and articulate his remarks were.

And you're right - that vivid memory of him raising the gun and "...from my cold dead hands" probably obscures a more complete picture of the man.

• Hydration 1
10 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

John Oliver of "Last Week Tonight" turned his sights on Tucker Carlson in his latest show.

One thing that Oliver mentioned (and that has bugged me for years) is how Carlson portrays himself as a "man of the people".....like somehow, he understands how life is for middle calss Americans, just struggling to get by....

.....when the reality is, he's a silver spoon fed rich kid, who's never had to worry about if the rent was going to be paid, or where his next meal was coming from. Honestly, the fact that his wealth is thanks to a frozen TV Dinner "empire" is just too perfect. Carlson's entire schtick is warmed over tripe, that gets eaten up by lower/middle class white Americans, convinced they are dining in style....

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

I was impressed by how honest and articulate his remarks were.

And you're right - that vivid memory of him raising the gun and "...from my cold dead hands" probably obscures a more complete picture of the man.

TBH, the "Cold, dead hands" remark sticks with us, but what I can't forget is the fact that he and the rest of the NRA executive decided to go ahead with a pro-gun rally in Denver a week after Columbine...

During the convention, many of the usual suspects were trotted out....one speaker claimed that the problem was guns in the hands of "criminals". (This despite the fact that neither Harris, nor Klebold was a criminal before the shooting) Another speaker tried to deflect, by stating that anti-gun advocates should direct their efforts to stopping teenage pregnancies, (In other words, stop having sex out of wedlock)

Fun (and by "fun", I mean not very fun at all) fact: Eric Harris' parents agreed to speak to police only if granted immunity from prosecution, which isn't surprising when you consider the fact that a search of his room turned up a sawed-off shotgun barrel and bomb making equipment, "clearly visible", according to the Sheriff's department.

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

One thing that Oliver mentioned (and that has bugged me for years) is how Carlson portrays himself as a "man of the people".....like somehow, he understands how life is for middle calss Americans, just struggling to get by....

.....when the reality is, he's a silver spoon fed rich kid, who's never had to worry about if the rent was going to be paid, or where his next meal was coming from. Honestly, the fact that his wealth is thanks to a frozen TV Dinner "empire" is just too perfect. Carlson's entire schtick is warmed over tripe, that gets eaten up by lower/middle class white Americans, convinced they are dining in style....

Watch out America and world.

Tucker Carlson could be a much more articulate Drumpf. More knowledgeable on how Washington and government works, probably more racist, likely more dangerous.

• Hydration 3
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.