Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.


DonLever

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Who is this Jim guy?  I only know a Gym Jordan in US politics.  :lol:

I’m not one for correcting spelling or grammar on a message board. But I believe it IS important to have this mans full Christian identity to be spelled outright and correctly. 
 

Gym Jordan. Short for Gymnasium Jordan. Which is even shorter for “high school tickling/wrestling coach” Gymnasium Jordan.
 

It’s stamped directly on his Birth Certificate... ffs.
 

Show him the respect he actually deserves.... @johngould21... he’s earned it 
 

Edit: Jokes of course :)

Edited by Canorth
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Dont apologize,  it soothes my soul

Agreed. Between the Matt Gaetz stuff and John Boehner ripping the Repugs a collective new one in his book, it's like Easter all over again....:towel:

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Canorth said:

I’m not one for correcting spelling or grammar on a message board. But I believe it IS important to have this mans full Christian identity to be spelled outright and correctly. 
 

Gym Jordan. Short for Gymnasium Jordan. Which is even shorter for “high school tickling/wrestling coach” Gymnasium Jordan.
 

It’s stamped directly on his Birth Certificate... ffs.
 

Show him the respect he actually deserves.... @johngould21... he’s earned it 
 

Edit: Jokes of course :)

If Gym (I like your spelling of his name) rolled up his sleeves any tighter he'd choke to death..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. Between the Matt Gaetz stuff and John Boehner ripping the Repugs a collective new one in his book, it's like Easter all over again....:towel:

sadly it makes absolutely no difference to Repug voters

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how Faux News and the rest of the "Dems want open borders!" crowd will respond to this?:

 

https://abc17news.com/politics/national-politics/2021/04/12/biden-admin-secures-agreements-with-mexico-honduras-and-guatemala-to-secure-borders-official-says/

 

Quote

 

The Biden administration has secured agreements for Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala to tighten their borders and stem the flow of migration, Special Assistant to the President for Immigration for the Domestic Policy Council Tyler Moran told MSNBC Monday.

“We’ve secured agreements for them to put more troops on their own border. Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala have all agreed to do this. That not only is going to prevent the traffickers, and the smugglers, and cartels that take advantage of the kids on their way here, but also to protect those children,” Moran said.

The Biden administration has struggled to keep up with the influx of migrants coming to the border and as there has been a major spike in the number of migrant children in US custody.

Moran also outlined a two-pronged approach to address the situation at the border, including processing unaccompanied minors safely in the US and addressing the reasons why people migrate to the US.

“We’re addressing the reasons that people are coming from the region. This is really important. If you just focus on our border, you’re not addressing why people are actually coming to our border. The President has a blueprint and he’s working with the vice president on this,” Moran said, citing in part investments in the region.

US Customs and Border Protection encountered 171,700 migrants in March, including a record number of unaccompanied minors, far exceeding the prior month’s totals and continuing an upward trend dating back to last year, according to preliminary data obtained by CNN.

The data underscores the ongoing challenge facing the Biden administration as officials scramble to set up emergency sites to house migrant children, many of whom have been held in poor conditions.

CBP also encountered 18,800 unaccompanied children at the border, according to the preliminary data, nearly doubling the number apprehensions of children in February and setting a record high. In May 2019, the highest month of arrests during that year’s crisis, CBP arrested 11,861 unaccompanied children at the US southern border.

 

 

Nice to see that this administration sees the value in addressing the reasons people are so desperate to leave their home countries, rather than just trying to Wall them out....

 
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wonder how Faux News and the rest of the "Dems want open borders!" crowd will respond to this?:

 

https://abc17news.com/politics/national-politics/2021/04/12/biden-admin-secures-agreements-with-mexico-honduras-and-guatemala-to-secure-borders-official-says/

 

 

Nice to see that this administration sees the value in addressing the reasons people are so desperate to leave their home countries, rather than just trying to Wall them out....

 

Fake news!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biden says Trump should not receive intelligence briefings due to his 'erratic behavior'

"What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?" Biden said during an interview with CBS News.
 

President Joe Biden said that former President Donald Trump should not receive intelligence briefings even though they typically have been given to other former presidents.

 

Biden told CBS News in an interview that Trump was "unfit to be president" and his "erratic behavior" is why he should not have access to the nation's classified information.

 

"I think not," Biden said when asked if Trump should receive intelligence briefings. "Because of his erratic behavior unrelated to the insurrection."

 

“You’ve called him an existential threat. You’ve called him dangerous. You’ve called him reckless,” CBS News' Norah O”Donnell said to Biden in a clip released Friday.

 

"Yeah, I have. And I believe it," Biden responded.

 

Biden added, "I just think that there is no need for him to have the intelligence briefings. What value is giving him an intelligence briefing? What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?"

 

In 2018, President Trump stripped the security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan, which ignited a firestorm of criticism that the president was punishing high-profile critics.

 

“The President was expressing his concern about former President Trump receiving access to sensitive intelligence, but he also has deep trust in his own intelligence team to make a determination about how to provide intelligence information if at any point former President Trump requests a briefing,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in an emailed statement.

 

Biden, a former Senator from Delaware, did not comment on how he would vote in Trump's upcoming Senate impeachment trial for allegedly inciting the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, but said he is focused on pushing his aid package through Congress, including a new round of stimulus checks and raising the minimum wage.

 

"Look, I ran like hell to defeat him because I thought he was unfit to be president. I've watched what everybody else watched, what happened when that crew invaded the United States Congress. But I'm not in the Senate now. I'll let the Senate make that decision," he said.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Biden says Trump should not receive intelligence briefings due to his 'erratic behavior'

"What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?" Biden said during an interview with CBS News.
 

President Joe Biden said that former President Donald Trump should not receive intelligence briefings even though they typically have been given to other former presidents.

Biden told CBS News in an interview that Trump was "unfit to be president" and his "erratic behavior" is why he should not have access to the nation's classified information.

"I think not," Biden said when asked if Trump should receive intelligence briefings. "Because of his erratic behavior unrelated to the insurrection."

“You’ve called him an existential threat. You’ve called him dangerous. You’ve called him reckless,” CBS News' Norah O”Donnell said to Biden in a clip released Friday.

"Yeah, I have. And I believe it," Biden responded.

Biden added, "I just think that there is no need for him to have the intelligence briefings. What value is giving him an intelligence briefing? What impact does he have at all, other than the fact he might slip and say something?"

In 2018, President Trump stripped the security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan, which ignited a firestorm of criticism that the president was punishing high-profile critics.

“The President was expressing his concern about former President Trump receiving access to sensitive intelligence, but he also has deep trust in his own intelligence team to make a determination about how to provide intelligence information if at any point former President Trump requests a briefing,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in an emailed statement.

Biden, a former Senator from Delaware, did not comment on how he would vote in Trump's upcoming Senate impeachment trial for allegedly inciting the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, but said he is focused on pushing his aid package through Congress, including a new round of stimulus checks and raising the minimum wage.

"Look, I ran like hell to defeat him because I thought he was unfit to be president. I've watched what everybody else watched, what happened when that crew invaded the United States Congress. But I'm not in the Senate now. I'll let the Senate make that decision," he said.

Before receiving any, I think he should have to display some.....

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw a report this past weekend that said Matt Gaetz requested a one on one meeting with Agent Orange on his recent trip to Mar-a-Lago, but was told to pound sand by Dotard's handlers....

 

Of course, Gaetz and the Trump camps are calling this "Fake News!"......Trump would never hang one of his biggest supporters out to dry, just because they may be somewhat compromised....:rolleyes:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone catch John Boehner on Colbert last night?

 

Steve played an excerpt from Boehner's Audio book, where JB makes some quote about drinking to "freedom", and then closes with with the line, "And Ted Cruz, go f*** yourself!" :lol:

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I wonder how Faux News and the rest of the "Dems want open borders!" crowd will respond to this?:

 

https://abc17news.com/politics/national-politics/2021/04/12/biden-admin-secures-agreements-with-mexico-honduras-and-guatemala-to-secure-borders-official-says/

 

 

Nice to see that this administration sees the value in addressing the reasons people are so desperate to leave their home countries, rather than just trying to Wall them out....

 

Sadly the main reason is decades of American interference in their affairs and the US consumption of drugs forced into a black market by their war on drugs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We will see if this actually happens.  Probably end up as well as building the wall or locking her up.

 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-afghanistan-withdrawal/biden-to-withdraw-u-s-troops-from-afghanistan-by-sept-11-officials-say-idUSKBN2C028S?utm_source=reddit.com

Biden to withdraw U.S. troops from Afghanistan by Sept. 11, officials say

  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Sadly the main reason is decades of American interference in their affairs and the US consumption of drugs forced into a black market by their war on drugs. 

I made a post about a week ago, where I laid a large percentage of the "border problem" at the feet of the misguided "War on Drugs". IMO, decriminalize possession of all types of drugs. Legalize recreational drugs. Sell them the same way you do other controlled substances like cigarettes and booze. Tax them.....

 

I think a big portion of the border issue goes away after that....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I made a post about a week ago, where I laid a large percentage of the "border problem" at the feet of the misguided "War on Drugs". IMO, decriminalize possession of all types of drugs. Legalize recreational drugs. Sell them the same way you do other controlled substances like cigarettes and booze. Tax them.....

 

I think a big portion of the border issue goes away after that....

Yup.  And the take the money out of the hands of criminals, into govt coffers and use it on education and treatment. Plus I could buy good quality cocaine again...    ;)

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I made a post about a week ago, where I laid a large percentage of the "border problem" at the feet of the misguided "War on Drugs". IMO, decriminalize possession of all types of drugs. Legalize recreational drugs. Sell them the same way you do other controlled substances like cigarettes and booze. Tax them.....

 

I think a big portion of the border issue goes away after that....

Won't happen.  

 

You've just eliminated several GOP talking points.

 

Lol. 

:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...