The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

If this person can see MTG as a victim not a villain and not even have the capacity to pick out the most rotted disgusting apple in the barrel then there really is no point to the discussion. It’s like playing chess with a pigeon.

I'm not here to have my mind changed, I'm here to change yours.  But if known facts change, I change.  I wont stick my head in the sand. Provide some.

Edited by Chesster
  • RoughGame 1
46 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah....harassing a kid who survived a school shooting.....what a "victim" she is....<_<

Do you even hear yourself? :huh:

I'll let you in on a little secret: Those voices in your head that tell you to say stupid things like that.....they're all morons....

Can any of you imagine following a highschool kid and asking the questions she was throwing at him? MTG is NOT an adult plain and simple. Moron is more like it.

9 minutes ago, Chesster said:

I'm not here to have my mind changed, I'm here to change yours.  But if known facts change, I change.  I wont stick my head in the sand. Provide some.

Debate is about a hive and take of ideas.  Point, counterpoint.

You're not here to have your mind changed?  Ok.  You've made your statement.  You've established your position.

Here are facts about MJT, you ignored them.  Your rebuttal about this "victim"

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Cognitive dissonance

Of course you can't see it.  Because you won't look for it.  When you do and find it you immediately claim bias or "it's just a misunderstanding"

It's actually tragic the lengths people will go to simply to avoid admitting maybe they're wrong

MJTs greatest hits

White nationalism

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/04/17/marjorie-taylor-greene-calls-off-america-first-caucus-following-backlash/

LGBTQ

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-02-25/marie-newman-marjorie-taylor-greene-lgbtq-rights

Confronting a survivor of a school shooting (by the way, claiming David Hogg wants to be a star in defense of this woman who followed him screeching about wanting to be heard, her story, her views is rich)

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/marjorie-taylor-greene-mocked-parkland-survivor-unearthed-video-idiot-who-n1256516

Jewish space lasers (my fave)

https://www.mediamatters.org/facebook/marjorie-taylor-greene-penned-conspiracy-theory-laser-beam-space-started-deadly-2018

marjorietaylorgreene-campfire.png

11 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Can any of you imagine following a highschool kid and asking the questions she was throwing at him? MTG is NOT an adult plain and simple. Moron is more like it.

She is the same person in the same camp that believes Rittenhouse is a misunderstood little boy.  But that the 13 year old the cops just murdered was a dangerous adult male.

Enough said.

That whole video of her stalking him begging for attention is sad and sickening

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Debate is about a hive and take of ideas.  Point, counterpoint.

You're not here to have your mind changed?  Ok.  You've made your statement.  You've established your position.

Here are facts about MJT, you ignored them.  Your rebuttal about this "victim"

Just write a sentence about what she said or did so I know what you're talking about. These nonsensical articles from MSM are useless fairytales.

• RoughGame 1
2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

She is the same person in the same camp that believes Rittenhouse is a misunderstood little boy.  But that the 13 year old the cops just murdered was a dangerous adult male.

Enough said.

So if she characterized the 13 year old as a dangerous adult male like that I would not be sympathetic to that view.  That was a cop error, but not malicious as per George Floydd. But my knowledge is superficial.

• RoughGame 1

OMG.  BIDEN WENT GOLFING.  WHY ISN'T PEOPLE HERE CRITICIZING HIM FOR IT LIKE THEY DID FOR TRUMP?????   THE BIAS, AM I RIGHT!!!!!!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/17/joe-biden-golf-482664

Biden plays first round of golf as president

Biden is playing on his home course at Wilmington Country Club in Delaware.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Enough said.

Rittenhouse shot two guys that were going to kill him. That is a fact . What happened to the first guy I do not know.

• RoughGame 1
2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

1)  The whole reason why the "media" said Jewish space Lasers" is because she goes on and on about the Rothschilds.  The Rothschild family has featured heavily in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories since at least the 19th century.  That is why.  She says she didn't intend for her laser rant to be anti-Semitic, but that just shows she failed to really do her research. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/marjorie-taylor-greene-jewish-space-lasers-rothschilds-didnt-know-anti-semitism.html

2)  So the news media is PR for the Democrats.  Really??  Some spurned former employee is your source.  Let me guess, just some YouTube videos of this employee speaking to Qmoron losers is your source.  Care to provide something, unlike the actual reporting that top show on Fox News should not be taken seriously by any reasonable viewer, as per Fox News own lawyers in court.  https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

NINTCHDBPICT000633116025.jpg

He's not a disgruntled former employee, and why do you need him to admit MSM works for the dems at all? Everyone knows it. It's just odd for them to admit it openly. Why do people keep bringing up FOX News? They have nothing to do with it.

Your statement on the lasers agrees with mine. The media decided to make the fact the Rothchilds are apparently Jewish into part of the story. Again she was asking a simple question. Could the power grid be malfunctioning and could there be a cover up.

Edited by Chesster
  • RoughGame 1
10 minutes ago, Chesster said:

He's not a disgruntled former employee, and why do you need him to admit MSM works for the dems at all? Everyone knows it. It's just odd for them to admit it openly. Why do people keep bringing up FOX News? They have nothing to do with it.

Your statement on the lasers agrees with mine. The media decided to make the fact the Rothchilds are apparently Jewish into part of the story. Again she was asking a simple question. Could the power grid be malfunctioning and could there be a cover up by big business.   @thedestroyerofworlds

Edited by Chesster
26 minutes ago, Chesster said:

1) He's not a disgruntled former employee, and why do you need him to admit MSM works for the dems at all? Everyone knows it. It's just odd for them to admit it openly. Why do people keep bringing up FOX News? They have nothing to do with it.

2)  Your statement on the lasers agrees with mine. The media decided to make the fact the Rothchilds are apparently Jewish into part of the story. Again she was asking a simple question. Could the power grid be malfunctioning and could there be a cover up.

1)  And Fox is not an outlet that works for the DEMS.  Come on man, they are part of the MSM with some of the top rated shows and a large audience.  Still have nothing to show us about this employee.  Come on man.  You were the one who said the media was PR for the Dems.  FOX is part of the MSM.  

2)  The actual power grid malfunctioning is not the same as suggesting that the fires were started by lasers.  There is no need to bring in tinfoil conspiracy to explain some of the wildfires when the good ole traditional grid does it all on it's own  ( https://www.businessinsider.com/pge-caused-california-wildfires-safety-measures-2019-10 ).  there was no need to bring up the space lasers bit, and she looked like an idiot for doing it.  

Also, the anti-Semitic angle with the Rothschilds is not something new or made up by the media  ( https://www.britannica.com/story/where-do-anti-semitic-conspiracy-theories-about-the-rothschild-family-come-from  ).  So, it isn't much of a leap to simply say Jewish then isn't it.  

See, isn't it nice when you can get at least a starting source to show that I ain't just pulling this from thin air.  Got anything besides a YouTube video of some jagoff going on about some person who says they work(ed) for CNN.

• Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Chesster said:

Just write a sentence about what she said or did so I know what you're talking about. These nonsensical articles from MSM are useless fairytales.

Read the reports.  THEY are her words.  Claiming "msm" only makes you ignorant and unwilling to learn let alone debate or change your view as it shows you are looking at and for a nirvana fallacy where only the perfect argument from the perfect source will change your mind

• Hydration 1

Really want to recommend this Frontline episode:

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2021/jan/21/frontline-trumps-american-carnage/

Little tricky to watch in Canada without a streaming service but if you have Kodi or VPN etc you can find it - great documentary on how Trump took over the Republican party and makes me think MTG might be trying the same type of powerplay.

Let me know if you get a chance to see it - included a link to an overview of the episode.

Now I know there are some on here who will accuse this of another msm propaganda film and I know my source isn't Youtube which seems to be the most reliable source for 2 out of 3 right wing conspiracists but I consider PBS fairly non -partisan.

18 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

OMG.  BIDEN WENT GOLFING.  WHY ISN'T PEOPLE HERE CRITICIZING HIM FOR IT LIKE THEY DID FOR TRUMP?????   THE BIAS, AM I RIGHT!!!!!!

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/17/joe-biden-golf-482664

Biden plays first round of golf as president

Biden is playing on his home course at Wilmington Country Club in Delaware.

The big difference between Biden and Trump when it comes to golf, is that unlike Bone Spurs, Biden doesn't play with that guy Mulligan on every round ....

• Hydration 1
18 hours ago, Chesster said:

Rittenhouse shot two guys that were going to kill him. That is a fact . What happened to the first guy I do not know.

"Fact" ....<_<

One guy armed with a plastic bag and the other with a skateboard......yet the "patriot" with the assault weapon feared for his life....:rolleyes: Don't you ever get tired of making ridiculous false claims?

• Thanks 1

Speaking of losers.....SCOTUS has declined to take up the case of yet another GOP election challenge....this one arguing that Pennsylvania election rules were illegally changed, or some such nonsense, which is just code for trying to throw out the ballots of people who followed the rules and cast their votes by mail, or at a drop box, or whatever other method Republicans falsely claim leads to voter fraud.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/supreme-court-tosses-gop-2020-election-challenge/index.html

At this point, Republicans should just admit that they're masochists and actually enjoy this much pain....

• Haha 2
58 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Fact" ....<_<

One guy armed with a plastic bag and the other with a skateboard......yet the "patriot" with the assault weapon feared for his life....:rolleyes: Don't you ever get tired of making ridiculous false claims?

Hopefully so but i would put money on no

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Fact" ....<_<

Lol, that's how trolling works. Same as modern republicanism apparently 

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

"Fact" ....<_<

Umm. Plastic bags are dangerous. Don't leave me unattended with one. I'll put that on my head and suffocate. Fact. 

Now, if I have one with me while I am skateboarding.....that's nasty, reckless, deadly behaviour. Fact. 

• Haha 3
  • DonLever changed the title to USA Politics/Election Thread: Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Democrats, Republicans, et al.